Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I like studs on vehicles because it makes it look better.

The Tydirium and UCS Slave I are amongst my favourite sets because they have a fair amount of both studded and smooth surfaces. Purely studded surfaces are unsightly, but overly smooth surfaces (I'm looking at you, MOCs) give off a very un-Lego vibe.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

If you're building a moc, I don't think it's unreasonable to try to make it look as close to the source material as can, as opposed to making it still look like a Lego model. I build snot because I think it looks nicer, and presents interesting building challenges. I don't mind Lego not building snot for their sets however. Why would they want to run away from studs?

Was it confirmed that the Rebel Combat Frigate is a TRU exclusive?

Good to know it's only 1300 dollars :grin: no wonder it was meant to start the SW pricing discussion thread.

Edited by JekPorkchops

Was it confirmed that the Rebel Combat Frigate is a TRU exclusive?

[snip]

I didn't actually know this set was coming out. It's a nice surprise! Here's hoping for something half decent for the interior.

Edited by Brickdoctor
Please don't quote images.

The interiors of MANY sets are empty because of the understanding that males build it and leave it whereas female collectors build and interact with it.

I wished that the star wars designer would build the outside and let the Friend's design team build the inside. They would add all sorts of

machinery, gears, on-board computers, seats etc that geeked out people like me would enjoy.

..but it would be all different colors. Not that the interiors of ships aren't already all different colors, mind you, but it would be pastel colors. :devil:

..but it would be all different colors. Not that the interiors of ships aren't already all different colors, mind you, but it would be pastel colors. :devil:

Who are we to dictate how the Emperor decorates his personal quarters? :tongue:

The interiors of MANY sets are empty because of the understanding that males build it and leave it whereas female collectors build and interact with it.

I wished that the star wars designer would build the outside and let the Friend's design team build the inside. They would add all sorts of

machinery, gears, on-board computers, seats etc that geeked out people like me would enjoy.

I didn't even think of that :laugh: It is a shame though because a good interior really does make a set for me. :sceptic:

Man, that Ahsoka figure really needed a new mold. The old blurry pictures gave me some hope that Shaak Ti's headpiece wouldn't be such a bad substitute after all, but now that we have a clearer picture… I'm very disappointed. Also, the lightsabers ARE a darker blue, which is terribly inaccurate both by appearance and story-wise.

The blue stripe printing at her headband level are really off and they accentuate that the headpiece is way too bulbous and juts out too much. It should look much more streamlined. Rest of the printing looks great, but my most anticipated minifigure of the year has been ruined by that worthless no-new-mold-in-retail-exlusive-set rule that apparently does exist. The set just costs way too much for it not to have a dedicated piece :thumbdown:

And indeed, Lego should've switched over to trans dark blue for blue lightsabers a long time ago, since it looks more convincing anyway. That way, they could've used the trans light blue blades for Ahsoka's lightsabers, just like her Hasbro figure has slightly bluish clear lightsabers.

Edited by JekPorkchops

*snip*

Where did u find this pictures & is there more? ;)

For example: Does Ezra FINALLY has his scarface? Or any infos about the interior of the ship?

Not a fan of the reused way to big/thick Lekku, but I can live with it. No printing/dual molding on the arms however makes her look very underdetailed, since most of her torso is covered anyway.

Enough has been said about the lightsabers. The eyes are also wrong. She never had plain blue eyes, who got this idea?!

Anyway, very glad to see a closeup so thanks a lot!!

& even if the interior of the ship is horrible - I will have to get the set for the figure anyway :sceptic:

Anyone with ideas for more details on the arms?

For example: Does Ezra FINALLY has his scarface? Or any infos about the interior of the ship?

No.

Those blue blades do look good...but totally, utterly, "what were they THINKING"ly wrong for Ahsoka. Same with the Shaak Ti headpiece...the blue stripes look great, but that 'forehead' is terrible... if/when I get her, a TCW Ahsoka headpiece will replace that. Of course, I'd also like a spare head for my spare TCW Ahsoka, to ditch the big-eye head...

Man, that Ahsoka figure really needed a new mold. The old blurry pictures gave me some hope that Shaak Ti's headpiece wouldn't be such a bad substitute after all, but now that we have a clearer picture… I'm very disappointed. Also, the lightsabers ARE a darker blue, which is terribly inaccurate both by appearance and story-wise.

The blue stripe printing at her headband level are really off and they accentuate that the headpiece is way too bulbous and juts out too much. It should look much more streamlined. Rest of the printing looks great, but my most anticipated minifigure of the year has been ruined by that worthless no-new-mold-in-retail-exlusive-set rule that apparently does exist. The set just costs way too much for it not to have a dedicated piece :thumbdown:

And indeed, Lego should've switched over to trans dark blue for blue lightsabers a long time ago, since it looks more convincing anyway. That way, they could've used the trans light blue blades for Ahsoka's lightsabers, just like her Hasbro figure has slightly bluish clear lightsabers.

I totally agree. Disappointment in SW Lego seems to be the norm this year rather than the exception.

Agreed. Seeing studs on a build, makes it feel like Lego. It's necessary, without them, it doesn't look right. Some of those city airplanes look nothing like Lego.

That's a big problem with Technic, some people don't even believe it's Lego.

Love Ahsoka's new face print. Glad to finally have her without the anime eyes, although its a shame her skin tone is darker now so her head can't be used on TCW figures. I do like her previous costume more though. The Rebels one always looked a bit boring to me.

if LEGO was willing to make a new color for Ahsoka's lightsaber blades, then why did they make them the wrong color...? They really should have gone with trans clear. Other than that, I really like the look of the figure. I don't even mind the reuse of Shaak Ti's headpiece. She's not 100% accurate to her appearance, but it looks close enough to be easily recognizable.

While minifigure itself looks good, the headpiece is so wrong ! Lego is really being "cheap" with stuff like this. I understand they can't always make new molds, but Ahsoka really needed this new mold! And lighsabers, are so wrong! Dark blue instead of trans-white, why?

So overall mixed feelings on this version of Ahsoka.