Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Yep, we'll see them on Monday. The Nexo Knights and Creator prelims have already leaked, as well as some of the Bionicle ones.

Can't wait to see the Star Wars ones! I doubt we'll see any Force Awakens stuff though, unfortunately.

Where can I find the nexo knights leaks?

Pics were all prelim 3D renders. The storm troopers were the rebel ones with the long frowns

Not sure about that. Look at screenshots from the game, only OT Stormies and other OT figures.

In my opinion Battlefront = OT Stormies

Edited by La Chupacabra

Thanks for the descriptions!

These sets sound somewhat average. The freezing chamber could be interesting for the figs and the escape pod will probably have interesting redesigns. Apart from that, nothing seams verry intresting. I reckon if the freezing chamber would connect at all with a larger set then it would connect by attaching to the top of another set. There could be pins that aren't in sight but I don't think so because of the steps. I will hold out hope for the bantha until the end.

Not sure about that. Look at screenshots from the game, only OT Stormies and other OT figures.

In my opinion Battlefront = OT Stormies

Took another look, they look like normal stormtroopers. I'm not too sure about all the differences and stuff.

Took another look, they look like normal stormtroopers. I'm not too sure about all the differences and stuff.

A way you can see a difference is by the vents. Rebel ones have azure vents.

I heard on 4chan that one had red printing to represent a shock trooper, however that may not be true and I view you as a much more trustworthy source CM4Sci, so we'll see...

These sets sound alright to me, but nothing groundbreaking so far, I'm mostly excited to see the TFA and Rebels sets. More dark side characters here we come!

A way you can see a difference is by the vents. Rebel ones have azure vents.

Errr... they are not vents. Just painted stripes and they were indeed blue, although not azure (if I remember correctly some troopers in the OT had black stripes too). Their exact meaning in SW canon isn't quite clear. But some troopers didn't have them at all in the movies, others had various numbers of them.

Edited by Vodnik

I'm extremely interested in both Battlefront Battepacks, The Carbon Freezing Chamber and Droid Escape so far based on the descriptions! Cheers CM4Sci for the info!

Errr... they are not vents. Just painted stripes and they were indeed blue, although not azure (if I remember correctly some troopers in the OT had black stripes too). Their exact meaning in SW canon isn't quite clear. But some troopers didn't have them at all in the movies, others had various numbers of them.

I know that they are not vents, but thats what everyone calls them. I know, in the OT they had like 3 different types of stormtrooper helmets. Looked really strange in the opening scene.

There isn't a UCS snowspeeder rumor though. It's been twisted out of context...

No rumor? so let's start it: there is UCS Snowspeeder listed for next year, most likely for january (or may, but ist more likely we will get DS then). Price is 199,99€ and prelim picture shows either old UCS Snowspeeder or new will be very similar.

No rumor? so let's start it: there is UCS Snowspeeder listed for next year, most likely for january (or may, but ist more likely we will get DS then). Price is 199,99€ and prelim picture shows either old UCS Snowspeeder or new will be very similar.

Thanks, mate. Now we can all agree TLG gone "Hoth" crazy

If this is true, it makes me wonder... All the disapproval over the frequent amount of remakes of the snowspeeders, and now a remake of a ucs snowspeeder, when there has been 'voiced' a higher requirement of other vehicles that havent been done yet... And they remake a snowspeeder... They must know something we dont :p

Am I the only one disappointed that the rebel trooper battle pack won't include Tantive IV rebels?

Not really, I must say it's been a very long time since we've had any of those.

UCS A-Wing Starfighter 75143?

One can only hope, it is a lovely fighter, a good UCS version of it would be awesome (although my wallet disagrees)

Small niggle of doubt for me though, the A-wing got introduced in RotJ, so it is a relatively modern craft (compared to the Y-wing for instance) at the end of the OT, would it be possible the A-wing also features in TFA? Off course i'd expect a TFA label behind the set then, but given that it would be the exact same craft, i can see some confusion leading to it being mistaken for the OT A-wing.

Either way, im curious about the Tie proto and AT-DP microfighters, i hope they look good :)

Small niggle of doubt for me though, the A-wing got introduced in RotJ, so it is a relatively modern craft (compared to the Y-wing for instance) at the end of the OT, would it be possible the A-wing also features in TFA?

The A-wing was actually introduced pre-ANH, it's featured in Series 2 of Rebels which is cannon. Series 2 will also feature what I believe is the prototype B-wing, as a red B-wing was glimpsed in the trailer. Sorry for being nerdy! :)

The A-wing was actually introduced pre-ANH, it's featured in Series 2 of Rebels which is cannon. Series 2 will also feature what I believe is the prototype B-wing, as a red B-wing was glimpsed in the trailer. Sorry for being nerdy! :)

Haha, i kinda knew that as well (saw it in Rebels, and indeed, that is canon), guess they'll have to ret-con the fact that A-wings werent in ANH or Empire then :P

It's interesting that according to "Legends" the A-wing was only in the prototype phase in 0 ABY, so couldnt have been in Rebels, while new Canon doesnt give any history beyond it appearing in Rebels, New Canon also lists Kuat as the manufacturer while Legends lists it as an Incom/Rebel underground engineering craft.