Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

You're in luck then :)

I just have one question, well two, and I understand if you can't give any information or not, but does the new DS look smaller, larger, or the same size (roughly)? Also, do you think (or know) if it will have a higher or lower piece count, or stay about the same?

Apparently Rogue One got a total tone shift by the Disney Execs, the discussion about the impact on the film is not for here but I wonder if these reshoots will effect any future Lego RO sets.

I just have one question, well two, and I understand if you can't give any information or not, but does the new DS look smaller, larger, or the same size (roughly)? Also, do you think (or know) if it will have a higher or lower piece count, or stay about the same?

Bigger and better :) don't know the price though.

You made my night! Thank you! :grin: :grin: :grin:

Apparently Rogue One got a total tone shift by the Disney Execs, the discussion about the impact on the film is not for here but I wonder if these reshoots will effect any future Lego RO sets.

Or the accuracy of colours/design in the first wave of Lego sets?

...and then we doubled itTM

Let me first say yes I understand there will always be a market at some level for someone who wants a Lego Death Star 10188 to complete their collection.

That being said would you say since both are OT that if a kid or adult did not own a death star would there be any compelling motivation based on what you have seen that they would want to purchase the older one instead of the newer one ?

Would you say that purely on the basis of not owning one wanting to buy one and which one is better that it is 100 new to 0 old as far as interest level ?

My concern about the Death Star is how quickly antiquated many of the figures from the original became. Or is that just my imagination? Maybe i'm wrong, probably am, as the death star has been around for a while.

Am I the only one who doesn't like these sets? the tank, the TIE, the U wing and the black ship look quite ugly to me.

Plus there are no old stormtroopers, the only interesting part of it are the new rebel soldiers and the black trooper, but that is not enough to get me interested into these sets.

I dislike all of them except the U-Wing which I would only buy at a substantial discount.

Or the accuracy of colours/design in the first wave of Lego sets?

Well I doubt they'll change CGI at this point but if we get another FO Snowspeeder situation again where a scene with one of the featured vehicles is cut out?

Am I the only one who doesn't like these sets? the tank, the TIE, the U wing and the black ship look quite ugly to me.

Nope, so far I'm not really interested in these sets. That might change when I see the movie though. I like some of the figs (especially the blue pilot and the new droid), but what I really want are some regular OT Stormtroopers instead of lots of new trooper variants.

Nope, so far I'm not really interested in these sets. That might change when I see the movie though. I like some of the figs (especially the blue pilot and the new droid), but what I really want are some regular OT Stormtroopers instead of lots of new trooper variants.

Yeah the Blue Pilot is kind of cool but I guess it's in the U-Wing set so I may end up owning it anyway..

Not even had chance to pick up the June wave yet, and I've got a new guitar on the way, but I need to start saving. These (other than 75156 - need to see that more clearly as it doesn't look like much in the tiny image) look really good and have a great OT feel to them. I see myself buying several AT-STs for different dioramas.

K-2SO.

It's K-250.

K-2SO is a character that doesn't exist. Until proven otherwise but the amount of times it's been referred to as K-250 outnumbers the opposing scenario.

Edited by General Magma

Saw the images, but forgot to save them before they got taken down.

The sets are alright to be honest. Nothing really interesting to say the say the least. The minfigures all seem pretty good (Lovin' the new droid K-2SO :sweet: ) but my only gripe (this is more with the film) is the amount of Imperial Soldier variants there is. I would have been fine with the DeathTrooper, but the TankTrooper and ShoreTrooper don't really have that 'Star Wars' vibe to them. Instead, they look like a Spartan variant out of Halo.

All in all, I'll most likely bricklink the minifigures. Would have liked to have seen Forest Whitaker's character in minfigure form, but I'll guess we'll be waiting until Spring 2017.

I love the new RO sets! This is definitely a better first wave than TFA's. Hopefully the black shuttle isn't too similar in build to the Tydirium; I'd get it if it's more unique.

Plus there are no old stormtroopers, the only interesting part of it are the new rebel soldiers and the black trooper, but that is not enough to get me interested into these sets.

The sets are just ok for me, but my main problem is with the Tanktroopers and Shoretroopers. They didn't very looks like something out from Star Wars and feels more like something that are out from the Halo games series. And the Shoretroopers and Tanktroopers also create a new question: What happened to all o. The Tanktroopers and Shoretroopers in the OT?

I've been biting my tongue in light of the very reasonable requests from the mods to not turn this into a place to bash TLG for their increasing prices, but I just wanted to say this; If we continue to purchase these and future sets at their RRP's then TLG will continue to release them accordingly, if we are willing to do this then why are we complaining? to put it bluntly: If it's too expensive for you then don't buy it, simple.

This is (imo) the best quality toy/collectible available today and the premium price tags add to the experience for me. The other alternative is for TLG to limit or even stop its production of licensed products as it would no longer be profitable to do so, something which I think we would all agree would be far worse than the price increases.

To any moderators reading this, apologies for going off topic, I just want to see TLG and SW/Disney continue their partnership into the foreseeable future and beyond.

The problem is there is a topic for this kind of discussion. It's here.

My concern about the Death Star is how quickly antiquated many of the figures from the original became. Or is that just my imagination? Maybe i'm wrong, probably am, as the death star has been around for a while.

I don't think the Death Star minifigures became "quickly" antiquated. Granted Lego did update some of them with white pupils, but even without that change, some didn't really see an update till a couple years later. And even then, those were just the main characters, like Han.

My concern is that now we already have so many ideal/perfect versions of minifigures that I'm wondering where the new Death Star could go. Maybe superior printing over every surface, like the UCS Slave 1 Boba Fett?

I don't think the Death Star minifigures became "quickly" antiquated. Granted Lego did update some of them with white pupils, but even without that change, some didn't really see an update till a couple years later. And even then, those were just the main characters, like Han.

My concern is that now we already have so many ideal/perfect versions of minifigures that I'm wondering where the new Death Star could go. Maybe superior printing over every surface, like the UCS Slave 1 Boba Fett?

Glad that it will be bigger but I hope it looks a little more like a Death Star. The last set was great but I thought it was kind of ugly.

I, ofcourse, missed the pictures of the sets. So, if anyone wants to PM them to me, I'd be very grateful. That way I might participate in this lovely conversation, that is always on topic :grin:

Edit: if that's allowed ofcourse, don't want to get anyone in trouble.

Edited by Alfadas

I, ofcourse, missed the pictures of the sets. So, if anyone wants to PM them to me, I'd be very grateful. That way I might participate in this lovely conversation, that is always on topic :grin:

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to PM but you can probably find them on the Internet somewhere :)

Just red it ^_^

Or google lego rogue one and scroll through the images!

Edited by jdm44

And yet in the very pic you linked, the two 'lineart' images seem to suggest it's "K-2SO". Only the text on that page is definitely "K-250", and it's easy to make such mistakes when typing (there are about a million examples or more of people typing "C-3P0" instead of "C-3PO"...sometimes even by people employed by Lucasfilm!). "K-2SO" sounds like a better droid name than "K-250" IMO. :sweet:

The sets are just ok for me, but my main problem is with the Tanktroopers and Shoretroopers. They didn't very looks like something out from Star Wars and feels more like something that are out from the Halo games series. And the Shoretroopers and Tanktroopers also create a new question: What happened to all o. The Tanktroopers and Shoretroopers in the OT?

The Shoretroopers have some design elements of Scout Troopers, and the Tanktroopers are reminiscent of certain clone armor varieties in a way... I got more of a Halo feel from SWTOR's armor designs, really.

But as to that new question raised by their existence, there's an easy answer: we never saw any situation in the OT where they'd be applicable. No tanks were used in the Hoth assault, or at Endor. And no island/beach/coastline environments were depicted in the OT, so Shoretroopers (if that's their assigned habitat) wouldn't be required. In other words, we didn't see them in the OT for the same reason we didn't see Snowtroopers or Scout Troopers in ANH.

We don't know the specific function of the Death Troopers yet, so for now all we can fall back on is "It's a big galaxy". People forget that the OT barely showed us anything in terms of the GFFA or the full makeup of Imperial forces. We saw maybe half a dozen planets (plus glimpses of Coruscant & Naboo in the revised ROTJ ending), and only a few kinds of Imperial troopers, and even when we saw them amassed in one place, that place was still only a single hangar in a space station the size of a moon. We never saw very much of the crews of the Death Stars, or of any Star Destroyers. A couple bridge officers & guards, a couple assistants, and some crewmen in the pits, some gunners or techs. That's really it. Only regular TIEs and Interceptors were thrown against the Alliance at Endor, too (maybe some bombers I'm forgetting), so it's also entirely possible that other fighter types could be in service elsewhere (especially if it's a specialty type like the TIE Striker which is rumored to be designed for atmospheric flight specifically).