Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Many Brickshowthans died to bring us this information. :tongue:

totally agree sheds, he was a huge scalper. Did you ever see the advice rarely he gave to people in comments "Buy every set you can, buy out the local stores stock, and then resell it"

I love the way that imperial tank looks.

I'm not that excited about most of these sets. Many just seem like more variations on existing vehicle types. Maybe I'll be more excited when the movie comes out though.

I really like the tank. They actually managed to give it a pretty nice textured look. Like the orange/grey/black coloring too, it's a nice contrast.

Edited by strangely

Is the rebel pilot wearing a new rebel pilot helmet with double-molded visor?! I sure hope so!

Unfortunately not, has the same visor printing as the new Wedge and Wes from 75098.

Guys, please take any discussion about TLG's policy to a private PM. I don't want a moderator to step in and close this thread again. Feel free to talk about the RO sets here, but leave the opinions about leaked photo policy out of it.

I wonder why they put the shore trooper with the tie striker set

Guess they just put him in a random one. Wouldnt fit in any of them

Jyn looks plain with no visible printing. Also, no OT Sormtroopers?

Yeah, I noticed that too. She look very plain, I wonder if Jyn even has torso printing under poncho piece?

I wonder why they put the shore trooper with the tie striker set

They probably appear in the same scene, especially given the box art. The TIE Striker seems to be a ground-support type of ship.

I guess from that point it makes sense. But still seems a little silly to me

The armor of the Death Star Trooper looks extraordinarily similar to the uniform Jyn Erso was wearing at the end of the teaser.

They probably appear in the same scene, especially given the box art. The TIE Striker seems to be a ground-support type of ship.

According to the leak it's an aerial variant so this tie is probably restricted to the atmosphere.

Holy new molds, Batman!

Honestly though, I didn't expect LEGO to be so generous with new helmets and the like.

Anyway, here are my thoughts:

The Minifigures: I'm absolutely dazzled. The hero crew all look fantastic, and I like how they've included Jyn's poncho, however I hope her printing on her torso is similar to what it was in the CG pic they released a while back. The variety of basic Rebel ground troops is also very welcome. All the baddies are great, however I find it strange that there isn't a single regular Stormtrooper in the lot. Then again, this may mean LEGO with release them in a nice BP early 2017. Also, it seems like LEGO has a lot more brick built weaponry in these sets than I've seen before in Star Wars sets.

Imperial Hover Tank: I wasn't expecting this to be the smallest set, but I suppose it makes sense. I'm curious about the interior, hopefully there'll be room for more than one driver.

AT-ST: I wasn't expecting this at all and I'm profoundly happy. Hopefully LEGO has attempted another walking function similar to the 2009 iteration, of course improving it. Regardless, I'm very happy with the head of the walker. So good!

TIE Striker: I like it, but I've also always been a bit cautious of odd TIE ships LEGO has done it the past ( the awful Defender and that weird tank form 2007 come to mind). I'll still likely get it, buts it's at the bottom of the list for me.

U-Wing Gunship: While the look of the ship feels really out of place for Star Wars (at least that my intial impression of it), this is the stand out set. It's got Cassian, Jyn, one of the funny alien characters (they're names elude me) which are must haves. The ship itself, I'm not blown away, but I'm sure I like it more once we've seen more.

Director Krinnic's Shuttle: What a beauty! This may easily be one of my favourite Imperial ships ever. Plus the minifig selection is awesome and so cunning (I see you LEGO, putting the badass enforcer droid in the biggest ship). The ship has a very unique shape to its body, so I wonder where the hatches are to open it up and access the interior.

Overall, this is an amazing wave. However, I'm sure there's gonna be a few more sets come 2017, hopefully with Vader, Mon Mothma and maybe a Yavin 4 base? Time will tell.

My biggest worry is the Canadian prices. If the tank, the smallest set, is 30$ US, then good lord these are gonna be expensive.

Yeah, the shuttle is definitly very interesting: the leaked photo`s resolution with the black color doesn't allow a lot of details to be seen, mostly the general shape. It has similarities with the Emperor's shuttle from Episode 3 though. CAN price wise we can probably have a good idea based on previous sets: the Tie Striker will end up being 90$ ( same as Special Forces Tie ) and the Shuttle around 130-140$.

Not sure about that tank though, the pieces choice on some places looks meh.

Now that we've seen these images, is this the rest of the Star Wars sets for the rest of 2016, except for the rumored Death Star?

Now that we've seen these images, is this the rest of the Star Wars sets for the rest of 2016, except for the rumored Death Star?

Death star is next in line for a big and better reveal :)

Im really excited for w K-250. Some thing disappointing is that there is no regular shore-trooper because I didnt think they had a blue arm in the leaked photo of the shore trooper.

Huh... yeah, that's odd. Even in the teaser trailer, the ones you see running alongside regular stormies inside the Imperial facility seem to have tan armor on both arms for the most part. I saw one with a bit of blue on top of his left shoulder armor, and a few ranks behind there's one with a red right bicep piece. A sand blue/tan 'sleeve' arm would've been more appropriate, perhaps, but at least it should be easy enough to swap out this arm for a tan one if you want.

The armor of the Death Star Trooper looks extraordinarily similar to the uniform Jyn Erso was wearing at the end of the teaser.

It's not really a "Death Star Trooper" tho; those guys wear big open-face helmets and no armor! :tongue: But good spotting there! Even has the blue square there... so those things on her back might be the landing batons the guy has on the TIE Striker box.

To those worried about Jyn, she certainly has torso printing under her poncho.

I thought these were prelims, but after seeing high res. pic's the poncho of the protagonist is the only odd looking thing.

Other things I've noticed from better pictures:

The Robot looks even more like a med. droid. The guy next to him has printed goggles.

- The "Death troopers" look a bit strange too because of that much white or light grey printing.

- the rebel pilot looks awesome - but uses either an old face print or the one from porkings (hmmm..)

- pretty sure the alien next to him is the same species as Unklar plutt.

- pretty sure the female protagonist got a unique face print (yess!)

... and her helmet is either moldet together with her hair, or has brown printing underneath

- speaking of females: She's the only one in the whole wave - what a throwback, after the latest (positive) developments.

- the trooper on the right just seems to have a short mouth. No lipstick - & what did Lego teach us: no females without lipstick....

- the guy next to the protagonist does NOT have dual molded legs. Well maybe next year...

- Now that "Death star trooper" (actually an engineer) has a very different printing compared to the older version. Even new leg printing.

- the blind guy from the tank uses gun metal grey lightsaber pieces. His skirt is a mix of dark red & dark tan.

- the walker has spring missiles next to the actual ones. Looks horrible, but will be easy to remove.

I thought these were prelims, but after seeing high res. pic's the poncho of the protagonist is the only odd looking thing.

Other things I've noticed from better pictures:

The Robot looks even more like a med. droid. The guy next to him has printed goggles.

- The "Death troopers" look a bit strange too because of that much white or light grey printing.

- the rebel pilot looks awesome - but uses either an old face print or the one from porkings (hmmm..)

- pretty sure the female protagonist got a unique face print (yess!)

... and her helmet is either moldet together with her hair, or has brown printing underneath

- speaking of females: She's the only one in the whole wave - what a throwback, after the latest (positive) developments.

- the trooper on the right just seems to have a short mouth. No lipstick - & what did Lego teach us: no females without lipstick....

- the guy next to the protagonist does NOT have dual molded legs. Well maybe next year...

- Now that "Death star trooper" (actually an engineer) has a very different printing compared to the older version. Even new leg printing.

- the blind guy from the tank uses gun metal grey lightsaber pieces. His skirt is a mix of dark red & dark tan.

- the walker has spring missiles next to the actual ones. Looks horrible, but will be easy to remove.

The hair is molded you can see that by the way it comes off he head and the lighting

The hair is molded you can see that by the way it comes off he head and the lighting

Good spotting.

I also noticed:

AT-ST & the T-Fighter thing use sand blue pieces. The latter one even use some that are not soo easy to switch out. Not so perfect for people like me, who want to keep the whole thing light grey (except for the solar panels of course).

Jyn may be the only female in the wave, but there's still some diversity (the brown-skinned Rebel in the AT-ST set)... and it's possible--unlikely, maybe--that one of the helmeted Imperial troops may have a female head. We know Jyn dresses like one of the Imperial Landing Crew/Engineer types at some point, so for all we know there's another copy of her head underneath that new helmet! :tongue:

The alien, Bestan, is not the same species as Unkar Plutt (a Crolute). Bestan's got fur. The Rebel pilot definitely doesn't have Porkins' head... Porkins still had the plain orange visor-print, remember? Not the detailed lighter prints of recent years, nor did he have a printed chin strap; that's the "snowspeeder pilot" head used for Dak Ralter, the Microfighter Snowspeeder pilot, and Wedge & Janson from the UCS Hoth set.

The Enforcer Droid looks quite different from the medical droids we've seen. His neck & head jut forward from the body, which is a marked difference.

The other alien seems to have a dark bley head and a separate hat, so that's nice! Just a shame he's only in the big set; it'd be great to get both aliens in smaller sets down the line so they'll be cheaper to acquire, so we can add more of their species (whatever they turn out to be) to our MOCs and armies & whatnot. I suppose it's also possible that one or both aliens will turn out to be female! Who knows?

I wish Krennic came with the short silver blaster, like Rey in the Falcon set; having a big ol' Phasma rifle seems like a mistake, given the size of the pistol we've seen him with.

I really like the U-wing. The concept art from those leaked book pictures were so evocative of old-school sci fi ships, really nailed the OT style I think. The other Rogue One sets are sort of underwhelming I feel. The black imperial shuttle is neat, but its going to be so expensive, after the recent Rebels Tie Fighter / A-wing set I think the licence "gouging" is really putting me off the bigger sets.

The Enforcer Droid looks quite different from the medical droids we've seen. His neck & head jut forward from the body, which is a marked difference.

And he has the CW commando droid legs to give him the extra height and detail (in comparison to stand battle droid legs), I'm also really happy that TLG have been able to include the imperial insignia on the end of the shoulder pegs the arms attach onto as this is quite a nice detail on the actual droid, I'm also hoping that they have included printed (if not moulded) details to his back as seen in the recently released book pages from last week).

Loving the printed detailing for Bestan but not sure why he doesn't have short legs considering his height compared to the others, his head mould does appear to make him shorter than a standard minifig but still it doesn't seem enough to me.

Loving Jyn's hat with hair, but why-o-why have TLG persisted with the ridiculous clip on goggles, they are SO out of proportion, it doesn't even appear to be possible to attach them in a second position ala the standard Hoth rebel helmets, I don't get it, hopefully it won't look so disproportionate in real life.

Still, loving it all, bring on Force Friday.

Just one more question...

Where are the leaks for the new DS? I need them in my life!

So I've been thinking what if the UCS Death Star is based off the one in Rouge One? Anyways all of the sets look great!

I've been biting my tongue in light of the very reasonable requests from the mods to not turn this into a place to bash TLG for their increasing prices, but I just wanted to say this; If we continue to purchase these and future sets at their RRP's then TLG will continue to release them accordingly, if we are willing to do this then why are we complaining? to put it bluntly: If it's too expensive for you then don't buy it, simple.

This is (imo) the best quality toy/collectible available today and the premium price tags add to the experience for me. The other alternative is for TLG to limit or even stop its production of licensed products as it would no longer be profitable to do so, something which I think we would all agree would be far worse than the price increases.

To any moderators reading this, apologies for going off topic, I just want to see TLG and SW/Disney continue their partnership into the foreseeable future and beyond.