Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

SOOOOOOO DISAPOINTED. High hopes never lead to anything good. Am I crazy or are the tie striker wings upside down...

Wow, they all look fantastic considering we haven't seen the actual movie yet. I love all of the minifigs but I can't help but notice the wonderful assortment of Rebel troops.

I feel like the ATST has too many studs though; it kind of reminds me of the Battle of Endor set that included one back in the day.

I'm probably most excited for the U-Wing. I love troop transports (especially the Republic gunship).

Did anyone else notice the mini figure poking out of the bottom of the U-Wing? It looks like the troop bay is under the cockpit which is interesting.

Well, that's interesting. The tank thingy and the TIE Striker look really good, I really hope the TIE's wings fold downward like they're supposed to though. AT-ST looks all wonky, but I will only pass judgement when we see the pics of it without the distracting boxart. The two larger sets are too ugly to consider buying--good for my wallet at least. :laugh:

Actually I might just get the tank, there are big Technic summer sets better than most of these. :sadnew:

Wow, they all look fantastic considering we haven't seen the actual movie yet. I love all of the minifigs but I can't help but notice the wonderful assortment of Rebel troops.

I feel like the ATST has too many studs though; it kind of reminds me of the Battle of Endor set that included one back in the day.

I'm probably most excited for the U-Wing. I love troop transports (especially the Republic gunship).

Did anyone else notice the mini figure poking out of the bottom of the U-Wing? It looks like the troop bay is under the cockpit which is interesting.

Does it look like Jar Jar to you? Or is that just me ;)

Director Krennic has the right pants! :laugh: However his torso design feels awkward considering it's very different then Yularen's. There's only one black flap line, they made the other light gray. He's not going to fit in with the current officer corps as easily. :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Forresto

Wow, new pictures! Like the AT-ST, U-Wing and TIE Striker (but why the TIE's wing is folded upward?), and the other two sets aren't too bad either (although their looks weird).

Does it look like Jar Jar to you? Or is that just me ;)

Now that you mention it, it kind of does since its kind of blurry when you zoom in.

Is it just me or does the Imperial Tank look very similar to the First Order Snowspeeder?

The AT-ST looks acceptable, so I'll be purchasing several of them. I'll wait for more/better pictures before judging the other sets, I think. Looks like the ISB Admiral comes with the black shuttle, so I guess that's also a must. I've heard that black is a tough color to photograph -- maybe it looks better in person.

Edited by Raskolnikov

I love the minifigures in the hover-tank set, so I'll be getting that one. Maybe a TIE Striker too.

Edited by Umbra-Manis

Pleasantly surprised, can't wait to get a closer look at these, I'm going to say that I reckon the short hairy folded head alien is a bothan, hopefully he's not one of the 'many'. I'll be picking all of these up.

I don't believe it! Just checked out the images on my phone, turned on laptop for a bigger look and they'd already gone! Gutted!

don't worry. with the new sets already out the Rogue Leak is the only news we have for Lego right now, they'll be all over the internet soon.

Pleasantly surprised, can't wait to get a closer look at these, I'm going to say that I reckon the short hairy folded head alien is a bothan, hopefully he's not one of the 'many'. I'll be picking all of these up.

Even if he's a Bothan, we wouldn't know if he was one of the 'many' until, like, "Rogue Three" or something, because "many Bothans" only died to bring info about the second Death Star. :wink:

Re: BP potential, I'm not sure the Imperial BP will be "1 of each". I expect the Tank Trooper to be in a Microfighter version of the tank, which could/should free up a slot in an Imp BP for others...

I really dig the AT-ST driver's helmet! Finally a "goggles-up" version! Just gotta slap an old head & helmet on the latest "light gray crew uniform" body that this one reuses and we'll have a nice matching pair with goggles up and down.

Mixed feelings. Figs look good, sets look some what decent, but neither are of the quality that the Episode 7 sets were imo. But hey, I'll still be up at midnight Force Friday buying one or more of these.

I don't believe it! Just checked out the images on my phone, turned on laptop for a bigger look and they'd already gone! Gutted!

You can see the leaked pictures in multiple topics on r/lego, where they'll probably be continually re-hosted and re-posted: https://www.reddit.com/r/lego

Also, you know, not to criticize the mods or anything (thanks for what you do, truly) but doesn't it seem rather silly that there is such a constant struggle to keep this on topic when it's titled "LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors" and the most on-topic thing you could think of -- leaked pictures -- isn't actually allowed here?

Edited by Raskolnikov

don't worry. with the new sets already out the Rogue Leak is the only news we have for Lego right now, they'll be all over the internet soon.

Found them again already! I picked up the A-wing/TIE advance set today, but I'm now thinking that's it for the summer wave... I'll be saving for all of these! On the plus side, the Lego Store in Cardiff gave me a free FO Stormtrooper polybag which I didn't pick up on May 4th.

The orange cargo container on the back of the hovertank was quite prominent in some of the leaked production photos (here too) on sets - maybe they're an important McGuffin if they're included in this set. All the figures looks great to me - maybe the Jyn minififgure could come with both the hat (which looks fantastic) and a hair piece, just like Rey in the Speeder set.

Edited by Richpepperell

I like the blue X-Wing Pilot suit!

I heard someone speculate that it's Porkins, wouldn't it be awesome if he was in Rogue One? Looks kind of like it.

Those are the best looking minifigures I have seen since the Hobbit line. :wub: The vehicles on the other hand, I'm not so sure of. The U-Wing is my favorite simply because it looks as if it is a transport (which I was wrong about). I can't help thinking that it would have looked better with a different color scheme than the typical Star Wars white and blue (or grey). I know not everyone liked the black and orange of Poe's X-Wing but at least it was something different. Here's hoping that Lucasfilm takes a few more risks with their color palette in the future.

I didn't get a lengthy look at the leaked pics; would anyone care to make a list of which minifigures go with which sets?

Is it just me or does it look like we get two version of Jyn? On the minifig page it has Jyn then the "not Biggs" guy then another minifig who look like they have female lips. Maybe it's a different character, but I would make sense to have more than one version of the lead in more than one set.