Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Now that LOTR has, to all appearances, ended for good, I may have to turn to the Dark Side start buying Star Wars sets again. :laugh: And, interestingly enough, Hoth sets are the only Star Wars sets I buy anymore; I don't know why... I have a strange fascination with Snowspeeders, and 7666 Hoth Rebel Base is, for some reason, the set which I most regret not buying for retail price. Fingers crossed for some information about the UCS Hoth Base! I'm ready for those descriptions, CM4Sci! :wink: Thank you so much in advance. :blush:

Don't worry, you didn't miss anything. 7666 is pretty terrible, I took mine out of storage the other day and was very disappointed. Broke it down for parts.

Any UCS Hoth Base will definitely have the iconic door design, so I'm not worried.

No, I think they meant that it's an octagon and each segment of it is composed of a different build; computers, stairs, etc.

But they said four fractions of an octagon, which is only half... it's a confusing analogy, I'm not entirely sure what he means.

But they said four fractions of an octagon, which is only half... it's a confusing analogy, I'm not entirely sure what he means.

I took it to mean an octagon split into four, but I guess it could be only half of it. I'm sure they'll clarify it eventually.

Bespin Freezing Chamber - Interesting design. It's rather small. Think... 4 fractions of an octagon. 1st fraction has a computer and an Ugnaught. 2nd fraction has 2 stair pieces put together with the neon orange lights. 3rd has on the bottom what I think is a pin you can pull out, it is attached to the middle bit which is Han in Carbonite on a small stand. Last fraction has Boba (printing everywhere, cape) and what looks like a very small elevator or something? Platform on 4 tall bricks.

Reading CM4Sci's post again, I think he means that the set is half of an octagon, with each of the 'quarters' being a sub-scene. From the description it seems to be a reasonable replication of the film set, albeit half of it! Logically it may be possible to put two sets together to make a full version, which is perhaps TLG's intention. This is the first set that I've been really excited by for quite a while, and I'll buy it at the very first opportunity! :classic:

Here we go... The rumors thread devolving into the shopping lists thread. Again.

Preliminary images, people. That means placeholder figs are very likely, and most often whatever was handy. Probably won't get the UCS Boba in the Freezing Chamber, Rebels STs standing in for new prints, etc.

Definitely no Rebels Stormies for the Battlefront pack - no worries there.

I think we stand a decent chance of UCS Boba in the Carbon set because it has so few figures. Carbonite Han, Boba, and an Ugnaught is really not that much. I do hope it's not that old Skiff version.

No, I think they meant that it's an octagon and each segment of it is composed of a different build; computers, stairs, etc.

Ding ding ding!

Can we get a relative size? Is it as big as the most recent batcave?

If you're talking about the Juniors Batcave, that's a possibility. If you mean the System one, that's way too big to directly compare. Don't expect it to be huge, it seems like you'll need to buy two to get the whole thing.

I think it must be made of 4 of these which would make up the octagonal platform of the freezing chamber.

2401.jpg

Edited by michaelozzie

So, the chamber is basically an elevated half-octagon which each side contains a place to put a minifig, a staircase and a chamber in the center, right?

Apparently someone on 4chan plans to leak the prelims in the near future, we'll just have to wait and see.

Yep, we'll see them on Monday. The Nexo Knights and Creator prelims have already leaked, as well as some of the Bionicle ones.

Can't wait to see the Star Wars ones! I doubt we'll see any Force Awakens stuff though, unfortunately.

So it seems like the set images are just preliminary, so no way to tell what the printing will look like on C-3Po yet.

I may be interested in getting that Carbonite Freezing Chamber, if only for the minifigures. I'll have to wait and see for myself.

Thanks for the information, CM4Sci!

Can we get a relative size? Is it as big as the most recent batcave?

It's puny. You guys won't really like it.

Well I might like it, if only to get the minifigures at a lower price point.

I'm guessing it's about the size of the Cantina, which I also thought was puny.

It's puny. You guys won't really like it.

Does it look like more can add on? Similar to how Jabba's palace had a rancor pit added on

Does it look like more can add on? Similar to how Jabba's palace had a rancor pit added on

I'd say each section is about 4 studs wide (one being 8 because stairs)

I'd say each section is about 4 studs wide (one being 8 because stairs)

What I meant to say was, does the set look like a small part of a larger sum for future sets

What I meant to say was, does the set look like a small part of a larger sum for future sets

Hmm... potentially. It doesn't show any connection pins or any sort of mention it will connect with a future set.

Oh wait I was wrong - they're 6 studs wide. :P

That doesn't actually seem so bad when you consider how small the last carbon freezing chamber we got was.

I'm guessing that a few people will be disappointed with the size of the new set, but it seems fine to me.

Serviceable, if nothing else. The idea of buying two and combining them is pretty good.

So the rebels series a-wing and Kanans speeder will be exclusives? Or where they just rumors?

Apparently someone on 4chan plans to leak the prelims in the near future, we'll just have to wait and see.

Nice! That would be really helpful to see what new sets look like. But since ep 7 sets are just black boxes with no images, it limits my interest to Carbon freezing chamber, Droid Escape and Battlefront battle packs.