Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I was in the Lego store yesterday picking up the "Fun in the Park" set. I saw the UCS Slave I set and it was calling to me "buy me! buy me!" lol. I was trying to hold back but considering get it now when I go back next week for the Resistance X-wing and Encounter on Jakku.

If there's one UCS set that's absolutely worth it it's the Slave I. It's actually a star wars set that I feel I paid too little for, which is great of course.

Do it! by far it's one of the best UCS builds I've ever built, great ship, great details, colours, all around great product.

I was in the Lego store yesterday picking up the "Fun in the Park" set. I saw the UCS Slave I set and it was calling to me "buy me! buy me!" lol. I was trying to hold back but considering get it now when I go back next week for the Resistance X-wing and Encounter on Jakku.

If you want it, get it. I got it during the May the 4th days for a discount, but even without that I'd say it's absolutely worth it.

I finally got to build it halfway through last week and it's amazing. Without a doubt my favorite set of all time. The whole thing's just badass and beautiful and an impressive design feat all at once.

Went on the eshop to check on CAN prices and it's worse than I thought: Vader' Tie vs A-Wing is at 120$! And concerning the lack of any Stormtroopers in the Rogue One sets...definitly smells like a Battle Pack will tag along for the winter wave... And Just2Good, did you see any other mini fig than a Deathstar trooper with the TieStriker? If yes, which one? Thanks :)

Edited by RetroInferno

We dont need rebel scum.

Are you a dirty rebel sympathizer Ed?

Oh wouldn't you like to know imperial! Haha

Edited by Ed9217

Went on the eshop to check on CAN prices and it's worse than I thought: Vader' Tie vs A-Wing is at 120$! And concerning the lack of any Stormtroopers in the Rogue One sets...definitly smells like a Battle Pack will tag along for the winter wave... And Just2Good, did you see any other mini fig than a Deathstar trooper with the TieStriker? If yes, which one? Thanks :)

He mentioned a tie pilot and a death star trooper as well I believe. Wait I didn't even think about this.

Could we be getting an updated Imperial Pilot figure in the likes of the FO pilot with the molded tubes? :sweet:

In many ways, the new turbo tank is better (and possibly no worse) than the 2010 version...

And yet the minifig selection is terrible - all have appeared before (and relatively recently). Vos' leg printing is essentially the only 'new' feature. This would have been the perfect opportunity to include galactic marines or clone commandos, it's not as if Vos featured in the Wookie battle scenes after all!

In many ways, the new turbo tank is better (and possibly no worse) than the 2010 version...

And yet the minifig selection is terrible - all have appeared before (and relatively recently). Vos' leg printing is essentially the only 'new' feature. This would have been the perfect opportunity to include galactic marines or clone commandos, it's not as if Vos featured in the Wookie battle scenes after all!

I mean, the only other Quinlan and most recent Luminaria were in the god-awful Clone Wars style, imo, the figures are a welcome addition to the cinematic Jedi characters.

I usually try to avoid complaining about prices, but the Tie vs A-Wing price... that is just not right. In Norway the price is 1099 NOK, which is about $132 / €118.

Compare that to the new Spiderman Bridge Battle set which is the same price in Norway: 702 pieces / 4 minifigs vs 1092 pieces / 7 minifigs. What is going on here? This makes no sense at all.

This might be the wave that turns me from someone who usually buys a large portion of the sets into someone that only Bricklinks a few figures of interest.

Your need might just become a reality ;)

What do you know? :laugh: If you do know anything just give a hint, your so ambiguous.

I mean, the only other Quinlan and most recent Luminaria were in the god-awful Clone Wars style, imo, the figures are a welcome addition to the cinematic Jedi characters.

Agreed, CW minifigures do not count, we need regular versions!

I usually try to avoid complaining about prices, but the Tie vs A-Wing price... that is just not right. In Norway the price is 1099 NOK, which is about $132 / €118.

Compare that to the new Spiderman Bridge Battle set which is the same price in Norway: 702 pieces / 4 minifigs vs 1092 pieces / 7 minifigs. What is going on here? This makes no sense at all.

This might be the wave that turns me from someone who usually buys a large portion of the sets into someone that only Bricklinks a few figures of interest.

I'm hearing you, I could not believe the price of the new x-wing, especially when compared to the TFA transport next to it on the shelf that comes with 7 minifigures (and is currently on sale for £15 less!

SolidBrixStudio's review on the Star Scavengar made my night - I don't really agree with him as I think it's not a bad set even though I won't be buying it. But he did make me laugh!

Really weird that they're charging 100 euros for the Resistance X-wing in the Netherlands. Poe's black and orange one was 90 euros which was pretty steep for an X-wing already! How are they trying to justify the 10 euro increase for what is basically the same set?

What do you know? :laugh: If you do know anything just give a hint, your so ambiguous.

I put my hint a page back.

Edited by amazingbricks

SolidBrixStudio's review on the Star Scavengar made my night - I don't really agree with him as I think it's not a bad set even though I won't be buying it. But he did make me laugh!

I agree with you that it certainly did make my night. However I totally agree with David it's such a poor set on so many levels, and it doesn't even look like a Star Wars set let alone the figures. It's poor.

Honestly I agreed a full 100% with everything SolidBrixStudio said. In my humble opinion, and like he said, Freemakers in this era of the Star Wars franchise is something that is not needed at all now when we already have a current TV series as well as a movie every year. Oh well, hopefully Freemakers will be a one and done and we won't see many (if any) more of these "made up" Star Wars sets.

I haven't yet viewed SolidBrix's review yet, but based on the images and reviews by other reviewers, the biggest issue is the lack of anything familiar in the Starscavenger. I don't have an issue with the occasional "original set idea", but without anything I enjoy from the films or tv shows there is no reason for me to buy the set. At least with the Eclipse Fighter it has a brand new Dengar which is really nice and a pretty cool ship. Besides the nice low price/piece count, the Star Scavenger has nothing intriguing about it.

*spits coffee*

140CAN for the turbo tank!?? That is insane!

I very rarely post about new sets -let alone complain- but this is ridiculous! 903 pieces, 4 minifigures and a shrunken Turbo Tank for 140CAN?

I don't recall having this reaction after seeing the AT-AT, the Star Destroyer or the Republic Gunship. Maybe it's been a while since I've seen Star Wars prices.