Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Does anyone else think that the pit crew member in poe's x wing fighter set (http://images.bricki.../75102-crew.jpg) looks exactly like the face of constable zuvio (http://i0.wp.com/bit...zuviofigure.jpg) from the first wave of action figures? It could be nothing, but it could mean that this zuvio character could be coming in one of next years sets.

Similar looking but not Goss Toowers the name of the actual Resistance Ground crew.

When can we expect prelims?

Maybe never if lego keeps the tight security on the sets.

So as of right now, what are the TFA sets we have names for? Is it jut the Pirate Transport, Battle at Takodana, 'Hall of Mirrors' and the two battle packs?

Maybe I'm just insane, but I think I remember when the leaked set names first came out, Hall of Mirrors was another name for the Battle at Takondana. Isn't that planet where Maz Kanata is rumored to be? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Hall of Mirrors also a code name for a smugglers hideout? And wasn't there a missing set number for one of the two sets? That would lead to them being the same set.

Maybe I'm just insane, but I think I remember when the leaked set names first came out, Hall of Mirrors was another name for the Battle at Takondana. Isn't that planet where Maz Kanata is rumored to be? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Hall of Mirrors also a code name for a smugglers hideout? And wasn't there a missing set number for one of the two sets? That would lead to them being the same set.

I agree. I've been suspecting for a while that Hall of Mirrors is just Battle on Takodana. If they were two different sets, then what would be the point? They'd basically be depicting the same scene, which is unnecessary. Battle on Takodana (Hall of Mirrors) is probably more of a play set with Maz's castle while the Pirate Transport will just be a vehicle.

I just thought of something: maybe next years Snowspeeder will be released for the sole purpose of introducing a new OT Rebel Pilot helmet? The TFA helmet with its transparent visor pretty much forces TLG to update the older mould since they'd look pretty weird next to each other :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I agree. I've been suspecting for a while that Hall of Mirrors is just Battle on Takodana. If they were two different sets, then what would be the point? They'd basically be depicting the same scene, which is unnecessary. Battle on Takodana (Hall of Mirrors) is probably more of a play set with Maz's castle while the Pirate Transport will just be a vehicle.

I've heard rumours saying that Maz is based on Yavin. While I hope that is false, its not entirely unplausible.

Edited by Fives

I just thought of something: maybe next years Snowspeeder will be released for the sole purpose of introducing a new OT Rebel Pilot helmet? The TFA helmet with its transparent visor pretty much forces TLG to update the older mould since they'd look pretty weird next to each other :wink:

I like the idea of it being from Rebels Season 2. Especially because it would likely be much more inline with the original concept art, which would be a breath of fresh air.

Do we know for a fact , that we are getting old Luke and Leia in January wave of sets? It's reall weird that we didn't get Leia in Poes X-Wing fighter set, especially after what we were told at SW Celebration. And Luke is just a must have! I mean he is the last Jedi and he isn't in any set yet. Here's hoping we get those 2 in January.

Not really. 30 years between events is a pretty simple explanation for different helmets.

I didn't mean the overall shape of the helmet, but rather the lack of a transparent visor on the old helmet
:wink:
The OT pilots have their visors printed on the head while the TFA ones have it as part of the mould, that's what makes them look weird when compared
:laugh:

I've heard rumours saying that Maz is based on Yavin. While I hope that is false, its not entirely unplausible.

I recall those rumors, too. I think what's happened is...

(Spoilers for both Episode 7 and Rouge One)

Initially we saw evidence that suggested we were going back to Tatooine (which later turned out to be Jakku) and Hoth (which later turned out to be another snowy planet) and even Yavin IV (which apparently is this new planet that starts with a "T".) Since there are still leaks that suggest the temple architecture from Yavin IV will be included, my personal belief is that we'll see Yavin IV in Rouge One - it makes the most sense because the location would still be a secret base at that time, directly before A New Hope. But the jungle place Maz lives shouldn't be Yavin in Episode 7. The Empire (First Order) would have annexed and destroyed that base long ago.

As for The Pirate Transport - spoilers suggest that this is a massive, huge pirate vessel which Rey, Finn, Han, Chewie and BB-8 must escape from on the Falcon. It's big enough for the Falcon to fit inside and then some. My guess is that the ship is too big to be a vehicle and it is a location... and hopefully we get some of those giant pig things because they are supposed to be in this scene.

Love that Episode 7 is bringing us so many new planets and locations to build.

Really hoping both of these 2016 Episode 7 sets are location based... and the title "Battle at Takodana" suggests that maybe at least that one is. But I think both that one and the "Pirate Transport" will be locations.

Edited by darththeling

Any news about 2016 UCS set?

I was expecting ISD, but now with rumored Snowspeeder, it seem's like they will skip few in line (and I REALLY wanted ISD).

Any news about 2016 UCS set?

I was expecting ISD, but now with rumored Snowspeeder, it seem's like they will skip few in line (and I REALLY wanted ISD).

It's the Death Star.

Not sure, just different from the last version.

I know you've been mentioning the next DS for a while any new news on it to help substantiate those claims? the fall catalog for 2015 still includes the current one. would be nice if we had more to go on than your (reliable though it may be) word.

I know you've been mentioning the next DS for a while any new news on it to help substantiate those claims? the fall catalog for 2015 still includes the current one. would be nice if we had more to go on than your (reliable though it may be) word.

I've been trying to figure out the same thing. Just2Good always brings meat to the table when it comes to news. I don't doubt it although I'm a little shocked they would rerelease the Deathstar as soon as they retire the previous iteration. I don't know of any other set that's done that. By different do you mean ascetically or mifigure updates?

I think they might do the new Death Star as sort of an "Updated" version. I'm thinking it'll be similar to how they remade the Winter Village Toy Shop this year. There'll be a few changes to the original to improve on it, but it'll pretty much be the same set. I think it's possible we could get some new rooms to represent scenes from Rogue One though.

They could probably re-release it completely as-is, but with updated figures... That would be a cost-effective update.

'course, they'd have to raise the price...

Edited by rollermonkey