Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Price match.

Do they match Walmart price plus 20% off?

I thought if they match the price then I can't use their 20% off coupon...

Do they match Walmart price plus 20% off?

I thought if they match the price then I can't use their 20% off coupon...

I price matched lego and still was able to use a coupon

I price matched lego and still was able to use a coupon

Probably You were lucky that the employee did not know the rule haha

I just checked Their price match policy and it said "Prices are matched after deducting any Toys"R"Us and/or Babies"R"Us coupon savings and other offers from our price."

So $69.99 (20%off) = $55.99. Same as Walmart price...

Probably You were lucky that the employee did not know the rule haha

I just checked Their price match policy and it said "Prices are matched after deducting any Toys"R"Us and/or Babies"R"Us coupon savings and other offers from our price."

So $69.99 (20%off) = $55.99. Same as Walmart price...

Guess the whole store dosnt know.

I'm absolutely tired of seeing those Rebels stormies in such large amounts in sets but barely any OT stormtroopers by now.

I'm absolutely tired of seeing those Rebels stormies in such large amounts in sets but barely any OT stormtroopers by now.

The only reasonable explanation is that Lego believes the storm trooper rarity elicits enough demand that they help drive the sales of bigger sets, and increase profits more than resulting sales from battle packs would. I could see this being the case with kids where they aren't looking to build giant dioramas, but really want to have a few troopers.

I'd be fine with a OT Stormtrooper battlepack that maybe had less detailed printing. Then keep the detailed printed ones in the larger sets. That way, at least the front Stormtroopers in a display could be fancy and the back-row ones could just be filler.

But I definitely see the "carrot and stick" sales tactic with the current distribution.

The only reasonable explanation is that Lego believes the storm trooper rarity elicits enough demand that they help drive the sales of bigger sets, and increase profits more than resulting sales from battle packs would. I could see this being the case with kids where they aren't looking to build giant dioramas, but really want to have a few troopers.

That bothers me, tho, since stormtroopers absolutely shouldn't be a selling point to try to drive more sales of larger sets; they're troopers, and should be available in Battle Packs just like the Rebels-style stormies are: 4 to a set! Or at least 3, maybe with an officer (BTIO!) or specialty trooper in the mix (kinda like the very first stormie BP with a Shadow Trooper "pilot". That way a kid might want a big set that has some neat minifigs, and then a $12 Battle Pack with some troops for those minifigs to fight or command. The odds are far better for that to happen than for the kid to talk his parents into getting two of some $100 set just so he could have a whopping two stormtroopers total.

...and then you'd have AFOLs buying up multiples of the stormie packs to fill out their Emperor's Arrival MOC dioramas and whatnot, too... win-win. Most AFOLs probably aren't buying up loads of Star Destroyers just for extra stormies, right?

That bothers me, tho, since stormtroopers absolutely shouldn't be a selling point to try to drive more sales of larger sets; they're troopers, and should be available in Battle Packs just like the Rebels-style stormies are: 4 to a set! Or at least 3, maybe with an officer (BTIO!) or specialty trooper in the mix (kinda like the very first stormie BP with a Shadow Trooper "pilot". That way a kid might want a big set that has some neat minifigs, and then a $12 Battle Pack with some troops for those minifigs to fight or command. The odds are far better for that to happen than for the kid to talk his parents into getting two of some $100 set just so he could have a whopping two stormtroopers total.

...and then you'd have AFOLs buying up multiples of the stormie packs to fill out their Emperor's Arrival MOC dioramas and whatnot, too... win-win. Most AFOLs probably aren't buying up loads of Star Destroyers just for extra stormies, right?

They seem to be content to let Bricklink fill the void. I do agree with you though.

Typical TRU. I'll still try to price match with Wal-Mart and then use the coupon. If not, I still may get the Tie Fighter.

Guess the whole store dosnt know.

Did not work. I wanted TIE and millennium falcon. I asked for TIE price match. it was very easy process to do price match then used 20% coupon. Unfortunately 20% coupon only applied to millennium falcon so I passed TIE. Hope there will better price for TIE next time. Anyway I got the Falcon ^_^ (it was $119 with 20%off coupon but I had a gift card which I bought $85 for $100 so total was $104 plus tax. Not bad price for for Falcon).

Well, don't worry about that anymore. During the end of the year and beginning of next year, we'll have more of them :)

Why the hell is the cockpit piece on that falcon black Why not light bley? Or better yet, the printed piece used in the microfighter?

New building event at TRU on May 7th.

Thats garbage.

That being said Im still going to get it ive been needing a black R4 head for BT-1 assassin droid

That being said Im still going to get it ive been needing a black R4 head for BT-1 assassin droid

That's an R5 head :wink: But that would work, of course. Sometimes BT is shown with his head a bit taller, but not quite R4-style tall (which we don't have a Lego piece for, yet)... a height between an R4 and an R5 would probably be good for the R0s introduced in TFA.

Did not work. I wanted TIE and millennium falcon. I asked for TIE price match. it was very easy process to do price match then used 20% coupon. Unfortunately 20% coupon only applied to millennium falcon so I passed TIE. Hope there will better price for TIE next time. Anyway I got the Falcon ^_^ (it was $119 with 20%off coupon but I had a gift card which I bought $85 for $100 so total was $104 plus tax. Not bad price for for Falcon).

It happened with me too. I was able to price match with Wal-Mart but they couldn't take the 20% off coupon due to their price match policy. However, I did have $5 credit on my rewards card. So that helped out a bit. My total was $54.43 after a savings of $19.

Edited by Silverwolf28

That's an R5 head :wink: But that would work, of course. Sometimes BT is shown with his head a bit taller, but not quite R4-style tall (which we don't have a Lego piece for, yet)... a height between an R4 and an R5 would probably be good for the R0s introduced in TFA.

Yah R5. If you look in Starwars #13 BT is shown from the side and has a more R5 shaped head, probly a inconsistancy because half the time its tall the other time its short.

Well, don't worry about that anymore. During the end of the year and beginning of next year, we'll have more of them :)

Do you know something? :)

Well the Rogue One sets should be on shelves by september and I think it's just common sense that LEGO will release more Rogue One sets in the first wave of 2017. Some of those sets will definitely come with OT Stormtroopers.

It's really a shame that the Lego group doesn't seem to allow the same types of troopers in battle packs, if they had appeared in one before (with the Stormtrooper in the endor one as an exception)

It's really a shame that the Lego group doesn't seem to allow the same types of troopers in battle packs, if they had appeared in one before (with the Stormtrooper in the endor one as an exception)

It's not that they don't allow it, just that minifigure details are improving all the time so some trooper designs can easily become outdated.

It's not that they don't allow it, just that minifigure details are improving all the time so some trooper designs can easily become outdated.

What I really meant was the factions of troopers, for example we haven't seen A Hew Hope rebel trooper battle pack since 2008, same for regular OT stormies (plain white)

Hi, it's my first post here. I've been following this thread for a couple of years and decided to join the discussion.

I can't wait for the A-wing and TIE Advanced set, though I wish the A-wing would have been the blue one with the white arrow from the McQuarrie concept art. It's still the best A-wing to date I believe, they nailed the engines too. The AT-TE looks amazing, though its interior could have been better and another minifigure would be nice. The clones are a little plain.

It's too bad the Encounter on Jakku looks so messy, as you can't have enough location based sets. Horribly overpriced, too. I already have Poe's black X-wing, but I love the blue color scheme so I will pick the new one up too. Shame they still didn't fix the wing issue, but at least they both look consistent.

So I just saw a TRU Lego poster that showed silhouettes of Rey holding a lightsaber and Finn lifting the millenium falcon with the force. Was this an oops or dies this confirm finn has the force?