Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

All i'm going to say it's interesting how Jyn Erso has Han Solo's legs and nearly an identical shirt...I'm not implying anything infer at will

All i'm going to say it's interesting how Jyn Erso has Han Solo's legs and nearly an identical shirt...I'm not implying anything infer at will

Long lost sister?

Why does LEGO have to use Han Solo's legs for everything?

Shortage of pants in the Star Wars universe...

Just a question regarding the advent calendar for this year; what all minifigures are we for getting from it?

From the boxart we see a Snowy Chewbacca, Imperial Snowtrooper, Luke Skywalker, Bespin Guard, U-3PO(?), Battle Droid and a Hoth Rebel Trooper (along with a black minifigure arm sticking up from the ice)

Is there anymore that isn't shown on the boxart?

Cheers!

Daughter?

But she looks to only be slightly younger than Han at the time of the OT... :look:

Maybe they just shop at the same clothing store... Kind of ridiculous to think they might be related because a LEGO version of the character has the same pants haha.

Edited by khatmorg

But she looks to only be slightly younger than Han at the time of the OT... :look:

Forgot about that, was think TFA time period :blush:

Just a question regarding the advent calendar for this year; what all minifigures are we for getting from it?

From the boxart we see a Snowy Chewbacca, Imperial Snowtrooper, Luke Skywalker, Bespin Guard, U-3PO(?), Battle Droid and a Hoth Rebel Trooper (along with a black minifigure arm sticking up from the ice)

Cheers!

I believe that is episode 2 c 3pO without the gold plating.

Why does LEGO have to use Han Solo's legs for everything?

Better question is, why is it the old 1999-2010 design instead of the newest one?

Cheers!

+ regular clean Stormtrooper like 2015s calendar. I think the black arm is supposed to represent him even though it´s wrong.

+ brown Gonk Droid. Though I wouldn´t really count that as a figure.

source: http://geekculture.co/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/star-wars-2016-summer-sets-leak-3.jpg

I would say the metallic protocol droid is E-3PO because it´s the one from Cloud City that insulted C-3PO and U-3PO is too shiny and chrome in comparison.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

It's disappointing not to see any TFA stuff in the Lego Star Wars Advent Calendar this year. Anyone know why no TFA figures are included? Are any vehicles?

Maybe it's just me, but I think it's a bit refreshing considering the oversaturation of TFA this past year. You can't turn around these days without Kylo Ren or an FO Stormie staring at you.

Its a shame lego dosnt have quality like that any more/ [/sarcasm]

What's sad is that 7127 has 107 pieces. Which is around the same amount as some micro fighters. Granted some are large pieces. But if Lego would make micro fighters to this quality, that I think would be worth the money. Plus that would make the micro fighters less pointless IMO, and less of a novelty.

The anthology trilogy.

It won't be a trilogy, tho. We only know of three so far, but they're gonna keep making more... and Rogue One/Han Solo/Whatever the 3rd is won't even be connected in any way other than "it's Star Wars".

I believe that is episode 2 c 3pO without the gold plating.

AOTC 3PO would be darker, with browns & stuff all over him because he was a hodgepodge of old & ugly coverings. It's much more likely to be E-3PO from Cloud City.

Oh don't think for a moment Disney will stop at three anthology films. I honestly believe they will continue to make them until enthusiasm for the series dies down. It may take a decade or two but it'll happen eventually. Over saturation like what happened to Star Trek in the nineties. I'm not trying to be a doomsayer because I imagine by the point it happens we will have gotten a lot of content and products.

How long does Lego have the current Star Wars License?

Probably forever. Lego and Disney have such a good relationship now and I don't think either wants to damage it, so I doubt anything will changes. Disney knows Lego is a great family name brand. I think Disney is being way less greedy than Lucas was, so even though the TFA sets were pricey, I'm not thinking it's the new norm.

Oh don't think for a moment Disney will stop at three anthology films. I honestly believe they will continue to make them until enthusiasm for the series dies down. It may take a decade or two but it'll happen eventually. Over saturation like what happened to Star Trek in the nineties. I'm not trying to be a doomsayer because I imagine by the point it happens we will have gotten a lot of content and products.

I think the latest renewal was up until 2020 or something.