Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'm not sure if the TFA TrU brick really counts as a polybag. I think we could probably expect some sort of little exclusive brick like that for Rogue One Force Friday. The TFA C-3PO polybag came out a couple months after Force Friday. In short, don't expect an exclusive minifigure for Force Friday, but we may get one sometime this year.

But aren't the bands color coded to size?

Meaning, if you have blue bands that have broken - you know you need to replace them with other blue bands from LEGO because they are the same size.

In other words - if you used black bands from LEGO, then they wouldn't fit because they're the wrong size.

color means size so no.

"Size matters not."

:yoda:

Edited by LiLmeFromDaFuture

What about the C-3PO polybag?

As mentioned that wasn't a Force Froday thing and came out later. The Force Friday TRU brick was really weak, IMO.

Given the recent TFA May 4th polybag and book minifigures, I'm really not holding my breath for something RO related for Force Friday. Lego had a lot of success just releasing regular sets on Force Friday, so I don't think they need to include any extras to help move them.

As mentioned that wasn't a Force Froday thing and came out later.

This video was posted on Force Friday.

Quote from the video description: "It was issued at different Force Friday Events in Germany on September 4th".

Edited by Chilly_Productions

Ugh... I don't count just one location (Germany) as indicative that something got a general release, which later it did.

After seeing the phenomenal Rogue One trailer, I have no doubt that we will definitely be getting a new AT-AT this year, as well as hopefully many other Imperial vehicle. To be honest, I'd be contact with a exclusively Imperial wave of sets. The walker, that hover tank, the landing craft that gets blown up I strongly believe will all become sets.

I also have a strong suspicion that the planet we see the most throughout the trailer, with the sand and palm trees, is none other than Dantooine. It looked like there was some good potential for a building set, like a busy street ambush or something.

Also, hopefully when the eventual Rogue One battle packs roll around at Christmas we'll get some variety. While a Stormtrooper-only BP would be nice, I hope to get at least one Deathtrooper as well, along with three regular Stormies. It would be shame to see those new figs be stuck in only expensive sets.

If they want a $100+ set for Rogue One, an AT-AT might be possible (this time packed with a palm tree!), or the landing craft (tho another brick with upright wings might not be terribly exciting) but it's also possible there are other vehicles suited to that price point in the film that we haven't seen yet. The hover tank seems a given, tho.

That world isn't Dantooine, tho. Guaranteed. The Empire doesn't find out about the Dantooine base until Leia tells them, and when the scouts arrive they find it'd been abandoned some time ago... the Rebel base on Dantooine precedes the film, possibly by months. They're on Yavin IV already according to the trailer. If the filmmakers did enough research to know that Ben Mendelsohn's ISB officer needed black pants to match ANH, they'd know that Dantooine shouldn't be a factor in this film that takes place immediately prior to ANH--and that the Empire shouldn't be involved in any Dantooine stuff in any event!

Edited by Venkefedo

If they want a $100+ set for Rogue One, an AT-AT might be possible (this time packed with a palm tree!), or the landing craft (tho another brick with upright wings might not be terribly exciting) but it's also possible there are other vehicles suited to that price point in the film that we haven't seen yet. The hover tank seems a given, tho.

That world isn't Dantooine, tho. Guaranteed. The Empire doesn't find out about the Dantooine base until Leia tells them, and when the scouts arrive they find it'd been abandoned some time ago... the Rebel base on Dantooine precedes the film, possibly by months. They're on Yavin IV already according to the trailer. If the filmmakers did enough research to know that Ben Mendelsohn's ISB officer needed black pants to match ANH, they'd know that Dantooine shouldn't be a factor in this film that takes place immediately prior to ANH--and that the Empire shouldn't be involved in any Dantooine stuff in any event!

You're right. I think my hopes got the best of me. I've always wanted to see Dantooine in the movies. Regardless, it looks like a very interesting new location, and hopefully we get at least one ground battle set, perhaps with Vader if the rumours are true.

This is correct. It's also reaffirmed in the Lost Stars novel, which is official canon now.

Just got an invitation to a Hoth Base release party at my local store. My buddy showed me pictures of the exclusive set and poster they're giving away to people who spend $150 or more.

EXOGORTH. WE ARE GETTING A MINI SPACE SLUG!

That is awesome! Are the pictures public or not? If not could you give us set details?

The pictures were employees only, from a manual that seemed to be printed and stapled for the whole event. Only two pictures, one of the box and one of the set. I think it said 160 pieces? It's small. The Falcon in the set looks similar to the Advent Calendar one, to give you an idea of scale. I would take a picture but it has the store info on it.

The pictures were employees only, from a manual that seemed to be printed and stapled for the whole event. Only two pictures, one of the box and one of the set. I think it said 160 pieces? It's small. The Falcon in the set looks similar to the Advent Calendar one, to give you an idea of scale. I would take a picture but it has the store info on it.

Pictures of what?

Pictures of what?

Just got an invitation to a Hoth Base release party at my local store. My buddy showed me pictures of the exclusive set and poster they're giving away to people who spend $150 or more.

EXOGORTH. WE ARE GETTING A MINI SPACE SLUG!

A free set and poster with purchases of $150 or more while supplies last

The poster is awesome as well. It's very simple and elegant in design, not a typical Lego poster.

In which store and country is that? Not like it will help me since I'm in Uganda and lego stores are not really abundant here...

I'm on the West Coast in the US, but the last time I got an invitation like this it was for a double VIP point and Gingerbread House event for the Holidays. The store opens an hour early for VIPs with those invitations.

This is plastered with May the 4th branding (oddly) and the invitation also mentions the Stormtrooper minifig promotion.

Release party was probably a poor choice of words.

For the sake of clarity

All May the 4th events begin April 30th. These people will simply get access to it all (Hoth, poster, FO Stormie, 2x VIP points) an hour early as well as an exclusive set that will only be available during that hour for those who are invited that make purchases of $150+. It's not necessarily a launch party, as much as early access.

Edited by Penkid11

For the sake of clarity

All May the 4th events begin April 30th. These people will simply get access to it all (Hoth, poster, FO Stormie, 2x VIP points) an hour early as well as an exclusive set that will only be available during that hour for those who are invited that make purchases of $150+. It's not necessarily a launch party, as much as early access.

I was just about to post this:

http://imgur.com/8oiawdT

http://imgur.com/GjAGABb

Sorry for not posting it earlier, I cropped out my store address. I just don't want to get my pals in trouble.