Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'll be picking up that villain set fromt he Freemaker adventures for the dengar minifigure, as well as female baddie. I want to put her dark blue hood and cape on my barriss offee minifigure.

I can't tell, but is that dengar head piece the same from the SSD?

It's not the same piece, its the bandage piece from a minifig from the latest CMF series.

But where are the portion pieces in the Encounter On Jakku set?

The portions are the gold 1x1 round tiles. Wish they had printing on them. :hmpf_bad:

Well, even if LEGO pulls something like making a battle pack with no duplicate figures again, at least they'll be cool, useful figures like the new troopers instead of the useless First Order officers and crew from that battle pack. Based on the prices revealed on Brickset, I have to believe that most of the sets won't be of things we saw in this trailer. The only practical set I saw was the hover tank (and the X-Wing, but let's pray we don't get yet another). The rest were too large - I think they say the largest set for the Rogue One wave will have 863 pieces - hopefully that's not a stunted AT-AT or landing craft. I guess there'll be a couple of location-based sets too, but at this scale I doubt they'll be good. If it's well-made, I could see myself getting multiple AT-STs or tanks though.

As others have said, the officer in the trailer is definitely not a grand admiral - by his rank badge he's just a normal admiral or equivalent rank, he doesn't have any gold epaulets, and he doesn't have white pants. The white tunic and black pants would place him with the ISB (or imperial intelligence, as they've been changing the canon) like Yularen, but ISB people have only one row of rank tiles, unlike this guy. He also has that cape, so it could be that his uniform means nothing at all and he's some super officer or agent of the empire who does whatever he wants :classic:

And I think the point everyone is trying to make about the female main characters is that the only reason they're female is because Disney is fulfilling a quota so as not to seem sexist, and so they can follow the trend of creating (annoying) characters like Katniss and Tris. For the record, I hate Luke Skywalker too. Rey doesn't have an annoying personality - her flaw as a character is that she can do anything; she's a better pilot than Han, she beats Kylo, she learns a Jedi mind trick in five minutes - I'm sure she'll get better in Episode VIII. On the other hand, Princess Leia is one of my favorite characters - if written correctly, female can be great. Hopefully that will be the case for Rogue One, but the glimpse we see in the trailer makes her seem just like the annoying outcast girls of today's YA novels.

Do you think the AT-TE will have an interior.

From what we've seen - yes. It's nothing too spectacular but the rear section has a door leading to a empty area whilst the front has a balcony and cockpit.

It's not the same piece, its the bandage piece from a minifig from the latest CMF series.

I mean his actual head, not the hat.

^ The face print is all new.

I'm still unsure whether I like the new Turbo Tank or not. The detail on it is great but something about the design of the head looks off. :sceptic:

Edited by wesker

^ The face print is all new.

I'm still unsure whether I like the new Turbo Tank or not. The detail on it is great but something about the design of the head looks off. :sceptic:

Well the head part looks too small to me.

That X-Wing didn't really look that much different from the last version (75102) aside for a removable hyperdrive thingy and a different color. Both of the Freemaker sets looks good, but why there's no leg printing on Vader in the TiE Advance vs A Wing set? The Vader figure from 75093 has leg printings and 75093 is also only slightly cheaper than the TIE Advance vs A-Wing set.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

That X-Wing didn't really look that much different from the last version (75102) aside for a removable hyperdrive thingy and a different color. Both of the Freemaker sets looks good, but why there's no leg printing on Vader in the TiE Advance vs A Wing set? The Vader figure from 75093 has leg printings and 75093 and 75093 is also only slightly cheaper than the TIE Advance vs A-Wing set.

I had the same qualm but someone pointed out on the back of the box that Vader has leg printing, just not on the front cover. So does he? I have no idea Lego is sending mixed messages

Those Freemaker sets are fugly. The Luggabeast is cool but the the rest of the Jakku set looks uninteresting. I'll definitely be getting the X-wing, Turbo Tank, Tie Advanced & A-wing. I'm on the fence about the AT-TE.

"Freemaker" sets is that what the "StarScavenger" and the "Eclipse Fighter" are? From the looks of the design I thought they were Old Republic, well except for the one with Dengar, thought that one was from Rebels.

Is this the first time something like this has happen in the Star Wars theme?

"Freemaker" sets is that what the "StarScavenger" and the "Eclipse Fighter" are? From the looks of the design I thought they were Old Republic, well except for the one with Dengar, thought that one was from Rebels.

Is this the first time something like this has happen in the Star Wars theme?

No they had a couple sets from their Yoda Chronicles series with mostly Lego designed Star Wars characters however one of them thank goodness introduced the amazing Ithorian minifigure.

No they had a couple sets from their Yoda Chronicles series with mostly Lego designed Star Wars characters however one of them thank goodness introduced the amazing Ithorian minifigure.

Aha, I remember, the Jek-14 sets—thanks!

These Freemaker sets are wasted opportunity in my opinion. I do appreciate LEGO making the Star Wars universe bigger but they also invest on these new mini series. Why not save that money and revisit old trilogy sets again that had never been remade or created. I'm sure many SW fans would favor this than buying the Freemaker sets. They had Droid Tales very recently and then they introduce Freemaker out of nowhere. To me, it feels like a filler that no one really asked for.

Sold on the Eclipse Fighter. Dengar, a female Sith or Dark Jedi, and some black and dark red flats? Yerp!!!

Is the new X-Wing essentially a carbon copy of Poe's X-Wing? I'm hoping Lego did away with those ugly rubber bands at the back of the wings, but it doesn't seem likely...

Just having a look at the Encounter on Jakku set, in particular the Luggabeast. I really can't tell how the printed 'eye' piece is attached - surely at least one of those round 2x2 pieces must be new to looking at the studs on the side. It looks even weirder in a toy fair picture I found here http://www.bricktoyn...ncounter-jakku/

Edit: I've actually thought about it more and realise what's going on. Sorry for being a time waster!

The eye is printed on a dark bley round 2x2 plate with rounded bottom (boat stud). This is attached to one of the fairly recent 'donut' tiles in dark tan, which is then connected to a new 2x2 round tile with centre stud which can connect to the blue plates on the side of the luggabeasts head.

Hope that made sense.

Nice pictures of the sets, finally it's possible to see more details. I don't understand Vaders legs in Tie Advanced set. In box pictures he has leg printing, but in out of the box he doesn't. So this confuses me a lot, and why his lightsaber hilt isn't in usual metallic color, but in grey. And Tarkins uniform color is weird it was always grey and not tanned, but still it's nice to get an updated version of him. Encounter on Jakku is interesting looking set: a diorama set instead of vehicle. Although Luggabeast's light blue color puts me off. Not sure I want to buy it though since it's overpriced as every TFA set. I also thought about buying AT-TE for 5th Brother alone , but since he died in the Rebels S2 finale, I'm not sure I want to get this set, since I don't like this vehicle by itself and it's quite expensive, and I'd rather save up for some cool Rogue One set. So I'll probably buy just Vaders TIE Advanced set.

How else could you fight a flametrooper?

Is this the first time we've seen a 1x1 round plate with centre hole in trans orange, the one used on the new flametrooper's thrower so that the flame piece can be attached?

That Niima outpost is one of the worst licensed sets I've seen in a while.

I agree. The structure doesn't look that great, and the Luggabeast looks terrible with that blue.

At least the minifigures are nice. I just hope they will be cheap on BrickLink.

The structure looks much better when its closed. I don't think the pics showing it opened up really do the set justice.

Is this the first time we've seen a 1x1 round plate with centre hole in trans orange, the one used on the new flametrooper's thrower so that the flame piece can be attached?

Nope, but it's only been introduced in sets recently:

60106-1.jpg?201511180804

Also, Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter is the expanded universe E-Wing.

And maybe it's just me, but I'd be interested in a new T65 X-Wing, though I have little interest in the T70s.

As far as the female lead debate, can we maybe just see the movie before casting judgment based on what little we've seen in a trailer? It sounds a lot more like sex ism than valid concerns.

Edited by bootz

Also, Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter is the expanded universe E-Wing.

And maybe it's just me, but I'd be interested in a new T65 X-Wing, though I have little interest in the T70s.

As far as the female lead debate, can we maybe just see the movie before casting judgment based on what little we've seen in a trailer? It sounds a lot more like sex ism than valid concerns.

My god it is an E Wing, my mind is completely blown. I always thought it was TLG making stuff up and I brushed it aside. I have newfound respect for TLG pulling from the expanded universe now.