Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'm thinking that given how many SW movies are dropping and how varied the trooper types can/will be, it may be harder to army-build these days without dedicated battlepacks. I know most people are still trying to catch up on the new Stormtrooper (Slave 1 printing) and if more varied ones are coming out, the sets containing enough might be limited. At least the Rebels are so varied, it's easier to army-build.

How many bothans died to get this drawing????

Ha! I'm so glad I uploaded this image, even only for that joke!

On the subject of female leads... What is everyone's problem?! Rey was awesome, and Jyn looks equally, but differently awesome, two strong female role models, but more importantly interesting characters and excellent actors/actresses.

While Rey can look after herself she is/was very innocent and childlike at the beginning of TFA whereas Jyn is already a cynical hard*ss, I can't wait for this movie!

In my opinion they had a chance of making a fantastic movie focusing on a experienced rebel group (a group like delta squad from the clone wars) where every single character of the group had their own personality and trades (just like the guys from delta squad) where we follow their mission of getting the plans and watch how a couple of hardcore rebels deal with stuff In the Star wars galaxy. I really thought that was what they Were doing when i saw the cast list with Mikkelsen, yen, felicity, whitaker etc.

I know i can not conclude anything yet but judging from the trailer their main focus will heavily be on one person who is a new guy/girl In town who will save us all... again... They should just make a delta squad movie...

Edited by Stan-Lee

So whats the problem? The gender? :sceptic:

And btw EVERYONE is better than Mark Hamill's Luke!

Why don't you like Luke? The gender? /s

So it's safe to say that the upcoming Death Star will be based on the rogue squadron movie with stuff from

The OT added in I guess...

In my opinion they had a chance of making a fantastic movie focusing on a experienced rebel group (a group like delta squad from the clone wars) where every single character of the group had their own personality and trades (just like the guys from delta squad) where we follow their mission of getting the plans and watch how a couple of hardcore rebels deal with stuff In the Star wars galaxy. I really thought that was what they Were doing when i saw the cast list with Mikkelsen, yen, felicity, whitaker etc.

I know i can not conclude anything yet but judging from the trailer their main focus will heavily be on one person who is a new guy/girl In town who will save us all... again... They should just make a delta squad movie...

You really can't conclude it'll just be about Jyn Erso... This teaser focused on her, as she's the leader of the group and probably has the most development, but she'll still be part of a team. They might've focused on her up front because of the negative reaction surrounding the 'secrecy' of Rey, holding back on revealing too much about her too soon, the misdirect with Finn & the saber, the media storm over the perceived lack of Rey merchandise compared to male characters, etc. It might be that, but it could just be a character teaser, with more to follow that'll focus on the other members of the team. Too soon to say. It's the first teaser, showing barely a couple minutes of footage of a 90+ minute film.

So it's safe to say that the upcoming Death Star will be based on the rogue squadron movie with stuff from

The OT added in I guess...

Rogue One... not Rogue Squadron. Two very different things.

Edited by Venkefedo

You really can't conclude it'll just be about Jyn Erso

If there's one thing that I've learned from this forum, it's that it's never too early -- and the information is never too limited -- to arrive at very confident and sweeping conclusions about how Lego is going downhill, or how Disney is ruining Star Wars, etc.

In any event, I very much did get the idea from the trailer that the movie was going to be about a team of rebels, as originally thought. I'm expecting Jyn to be an interlocutor for the audience -- a normal and relatable character who gathers together the more eccentric and eclectic characters of the group, like Forest Whitaker and the martial arts dude. This is storytelling 101 in a fantastical setting. Jyn won't know the other team members -- she will meet them, react to them, and learn about them. And through her, so will the audience. That's the way you build a memorable team, where each character matters (including the one or more that inevitably will die for the mission).

Also, I'm just super psyched to see another movie set around the time of the OT -- seeing regular ole' stormtroopers and Star Destroyers on the big screen for the first time in a new story since the 1980s? So awesome.

Edited by Raskolnikov

If there's one thing that I've learned from this forum, it's that it's never too early -- and the information is never too limited -- to arrive at very confident and sweeping conclusions about how Lego is going downhill, or how Disney is ruining Star Wars, etc.

Fair point... tho it really applies to pretty much everywhere on the internet :tongue:

I'm psyched for an OT-looking film, too! TFA gave me something new in the future of the same universe; Rogue One's giving us something new in the OT setting so many of us grew up with. Seeing OT stormies all over the place was wonderful! While I know a lot of people are still upset that Kyle Katarn's not (likely) involved and the old EU is officially Legends, this movie could be to the SW films what Dark Forces was to the video games... no Force-use as a backbone, just soldiers infiltrating Imp bases and causing mayhem.

I hope Lego's reference material included pics of the guys in the Endor helmets, too (you see at least one walking out of the hangar behind Jyn & Diego's character when the pilots run out), so we can get more of those snazzy new "dark green band" helmets from the Tydirium in cheaper sets. I love the ragtag mix of the rebel troops: some RFT-style, some guys in Hoth-ish hats with goggles, some Endor soldier hats, some different stuff, lots of different uniforms. Between this movie's sets and the Battlefront Alliance Battle Pack set, we should have a pretty awesome mix of Rebels pretty soon (even if you don't include Resistance troops and whatnot in there, too)

*snip*

Can't wait!

Totally loving the style of this - can't wait to see it with the red Lego logo attached. Also can't wait for the "shadow" trooper minifigure!

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Gorgeous packaging! That is really well designed! The last wave to have packaging as amazing as this, in regards to the source material, was probably the first Clone Wars wave and even then it doesn't compare.

In any event, I very much did get the idea from the trailer that the movie was going to be about a team of rebels, as originally thought. I'm expecting Jyn to be an interlocutor for the audience -- a normal and relatable character who gathers together the more eccentric and eclectic characters of the group, like Forest Whitaker and the martial arts dude. This is storytelling 101 in a fantastical setting. Jyn won't know the other team members -- she will meet them, react to them, and learn about them. And through her, so will the audience. That's the way you build a memorable team, where each character matters (including the one or more that inevitably will die for the mission).

Also, I'm just super psyched to see another movie set around the time of the OT -- seeing regular ole' stormtroopers and Star Destroyers on the big screen for the first time in a new story since the 1980s? So awesome.

^Exactly! Thank you. All the Rey/Jyn bashing here is getting very boring.

I jut want to go on record and also say, I have nothing against female leads, just repeating personalities. Sorry for digressing.

I jut want to go on record and also say, I have nothing against female leads, just repeating personalities. Sorry for digressing.

...and I think you're probably going to end up being wrong on that assumption. It feels more like Rey is a new version of Luke, while Jyn seems more like a new version of Han.

I'm excited about the packaging. It's the first time it would be focused on Star Wars. No jedis, no lightsabers -- just normal people trying to fight the empire through rebellion.

The packaging looks great. The AT-AT and TIE Fighters really put it in context of the OT.