Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Definitely looking forward to more OT Stormtroopers and hopefully Rebel Fleet Troopers. The new characters and Imperials look very promising too and an updated Mon Mothma minifigure would be more than welcome. I kind of hope we don't wind up with another AT-AT or Star Destroyer though. Feels like its still a bit too soon since the last versions came out.

Based on how the first TFA wave was almost entirely trailer-based, I'd reckon we can expect on the minifigure front:

-Jyn Erso (Rebel outfit)

-Jyn Erso (Imperial gear)

-Mon Mothma

-Forest Whitaker's character

-Ben Mendelsohn's presumably ISB character

-Shadowtrooper

-Some manner of camo-trooper as seen running through the base

-Diego Luna's Rebel character

-Donnie Yen's Stick character

-Jiang Wen's dreadlock Rebel character

-Rebel Fleet Troopers

-Rebel Pilots

-Standard Stormies

You left out Palpatine and the royal guards.

Wow! The score at the end of the trailer gave me chills. I'm really excited to see what LEGO sets we get. That Stormtrooper tank and 4-winged landing craft look really cool. I'm of course ecstatic about all of the OT vehicles and characters. My collection really needs a Star Destroyer and I wouldn't be opposed to having another X-wing and AT-AT. Where's the AT-ST? I hope we get one of those too.

Does anyone have a guess to when the sets will be revealed?

Everything looks pretty promising. I just hope we don't get into another era of too many trooper types, like in ROTS. Granted, I'm sure the Empire maintained some specialized troops, I just want to see a lot of OT Stormtroopers in action.

Here's also hoping there's a young Mon Mothma in one set.

Does anyone have a guess to when the sets will be revealed?

If it's anything like last year, we won't see official images until Force Friday, which is September 30th of this year.

However, leaked images may start popping up soon. One can only hope.

I'm predicting the tank set will probably have two OT stormies and two sand troopers, since there were at least two of latter shown driving in the tank

I'm predicting the tank set will probably have two OT stormies and two sand troopers, since there were at least two of latter shown driving in the tank

Don't always assume based on scenes from a movie. They go off the concept art and most times throw in figures that do not belong in the scene.

*snip*

Incredible.

OMG pls no, another "TFA style" wannabetough female protagonist?? Really? Is Disney so desperate to capture new audiences?

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote media, thanks :-)

Everything looks pretty promising. I just hope we don't get into another era of too many trooper types, like in ROTS. Granted, I'm sure the Empire maintained some specialized troops, I just want to see a lot of OT Stormtroopers in action.

Here's also hoping there's a young Mon Mothma in one set.

I definitely agree with that first statement. It also kind of irks me that the AT-ATs in R1 are different than the ESB ones. I don't like them doing having too much variation among things that we have already seen.

OMG pls no, another "TFA style" wannabetough female protagonist?? Really? Is Disney so desperate to capture new audiences?

What makes Jyn Erso and Rey "wannabetough" and not actually tough? How else should a protagonist in an action movie be portrayed, regardless of gender? Why would Disney disregard 50% of the population?

Edited by jdm44

Wow! The score at the end of the trailer gave me chills.

I've watched the trailer 8 times so far and that score at the end keeps giving me chills.. I was already more excited for Rogue One then Episode 8 and this sealed the deal! I can't wait to see what TLG comes up with!

Edited by Squarefoot_Calrissian

What makes Jyn Erso "wannabetough" and not actually tough? How else should a protagonist in an action movie be portrayed, regardless of gender? Why would Disney disregard 50% of the population?

I'm not going say what I think he means as I don't. But my issue with her isn't that she's a tough female character. It's that her dismeanor from the trailer is too much like the other generic tough female characters of late. She doesn't feel unique in the wide range of female characters out there...as of yet. We don't want two Rey's back to back. I am hopeful to be proven wrong.

I like her imperial uniform later in the trailer, I hope we get a figure of her in that!

Im just disapointed by the lack of alien species in the trailet... There was practically none. When can star wars / disney deliver a non-human as the main protogonist. Where's the mudderfokking Bothans?

The rebel trooper in the activity book now makes more sense after seeing the trailer.

Yep.

-Ben Mendelsohn's presumably ISB character

He ain't ISB- he's something much cooler.

It also kind of irks me that the AT-ATs in R1 are different than the ESB ones.

Yeah- now we've seen two pre-ESB AT-AT variations? Get your act together.

I like her imperial uniform later in the trailer, I hope we get a figure of her in that!

I watched the trailer with my brother, and he thought that her Imperial uniform looked a bit like ISB agent armor. I don't know if I'm 100% behind that possibility, but it is intriguing.

Yep.

He ain't ISB- he's something much cooler.

Yeah- now we've seen two pre-ESB AT-AT variations? Get your act together.

I watched the trailer with my brother, and he thought that her Imperial uniform looked a bit like ISB agent armor. I don't know if I'm 100% behind that possibility, but it is intriguing.

I thought it looked a bit pilot like

I thought it looked a bit pilot like

Y'know, that was my first though too. But her belt buckle is bigger and different than TIE pilots', her chest armor is different, and she has the sword (?) things on her back. I think her disguise is just up in the air at this point.

Im just disapointed by the lack of alien species in the trailet... There was practically none. When can star wars / disney deliver a non-human as the main protogonist. Where's the mudderfokking Bothans?

Totally agreed on the aliens.

Bothans... that's the second Death Star/ROTJ, though. ;)

Why is the gender a problem? I don't get the whole Rey hating. Compared to Luke (who was not that good written and played) she may had her issues (like real issues; waiting 20 years for her parents to come back wth!?). But take a cloes look at Kylo Ren: The menacing mysterious and invincible villains (Vader! Maul, Emperor! :devil: ) belong to the biggest inspirations from cinema & were the driving the story. And all we get in TFA is an emotional whiney emo kid with daddy issues :sick: . 2nd time watching I had to leave the cinema because of this bad written piece.... *ranting mode deactivated*

trailer:

Unfortunately we didn't get to see any new spaceships. Hopefully Mon Mothma will get her 2nd figure :wub:

No, that's an ISB uniform. Just like Yularen wears in ANH, except with a cape & different rank badge. That's not a Grand Admiral badge, and Grand Admirals wear full-white uniforms, no black pants (again, Lego--and Hasbro before them--got ANH Yularen wrong in that they gave him white pants instead of the black he wore in ANH, tough to see tho it was).

He's clearly not Thrawn.

I think the tank troopers and the new "sandtroopers" are different types, comparing the ones in the tank with the ones running thru the Imp installation alongside regular stormies later in the teaser. Hopefully we'll get both kinds.

Why is it wrong to have a strong female. Some female charicters are the best, take chell for example.

No one complained about luke and hes just a male rey.