Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

But two Hoth themed UCS sets in one year? How boring, especially considering Assault on Hoth has a Snowspeeder in it.

Not coming.

I have been holding on to not buying 75105. But if this is true (last time I heard the rumor said ucs version will come 2017), I want to buy it now for the chicken + double points..

Edited by JabbaFett

I think it's the Death Star, this was just2good's original statement:

new bigger better death star coming in 2016, will replace old one

this is not a Disney party!!!

That pretty much sums up what was posted on the last page. In any case, I don't really mind. We know both sets will be released eventually.

Extraordinarily disappointed if the UCS turns out to be the snow speeder. Lego has made so many iterations of it i'm tired of them. It's a nice ship design but compared to the vast plethora of ships in Star Wars its sort of plain. Apologies for my debbie downer like response :laugh: it doesn't even have to do with the Death Star being postponed if that's the case.

TLG please make other ships besides snow speeders, Star Wars has more cool ship designs then any other franchise. Use that!

Extraordinarily disappointed if the UCS turns out to be the snow speeder. Lego has made so many iterations of it i'm tired of them. It's a nice ship design but compared to the vast plethora of ships in Star Wars its sort of plain. Apologies for my debbie downer like response :laugh: it doesn't even have to do with the Death Star being postponed if that's the case.

TLG please make other ships besides snow speeders, Star Wars has more cool ship designs then any other franchise. Use that!

I agree completely, except I'll also be disappointed because the DS would be delayed. I don't have the original UCS snowspeeder, and I really don't even care if I get another because I have about 5 or 6 minifig scale one anyways.

Edited by Kman860

Why would you want to make a bigger snowspeeder?

Why would you want to make a bigger Death Star? Both were already big enough.

Both are previously done sets.

That statement confirms nothing of which set they are on about as it can easily apply to both.

That statement confirms nothing of which set they are on about as it can easily apply to both.

Well, that statement by itself doesn't confirm anything, but when you look at just2good's statement last year about a bigger, better DS, I think that says all we need to know.

Then be prepared for a set over £300. Because bigger and better for that most definitely means more pieces and an increase in price. Especially with the way TLG have managed to increase piece count of previously made sets while actually making them smaller and cost more....

As long as it's $450 of awesome I'm in. :laugh:

Sounds like the DS, although I'm very interested to see how $50 extra will make it much bigger and more detailed...

Then be prepared for a set over £300. Because bigger and better for that most definitely means more pieces and an increase in price. Especially with the way TLG have managed to increase piece count of previously made sets while actually making them smaller and cost more....
$450, yikes...
As long as it's $450 of awesome I'm in. :laugh: Sounds like the DS, although I'm very interested to see how $50 extra will make it much bigger and more detailed...

In Canada It'll be $600, but I'm ready, as long as it's half decent.

Do you seriously think they would make a snowspeeder that's much bigger than the previous UCS snowspeeder, which was already nearing half the size of the UCS Millennium Falcon?

The newer UCS X-Wing was nearly exactly the same size as the previous UCS X-Wing from 2000. There's no way they'd do a snowspeeder that's "much bigger" than the 2003 one. The statement obviously refers to the Death Star.

Edited by General Magma

Do you seriously think they would make a snowspeeder that's much bigger than the previous UCS snowspeeder, which was already nearing half the size of the UCS Millennium Falcon?

The newer UCS X-Wing was nearly exactly the same size as the previous UCS X-Wing from 2000. There's no way they'd do a snowspeeder that's "much bigger" than the 2003 one. The statement obviously refers to the Death Star.

The DS is already a massive set in itself. One could reasonably assume, without Just2Good's comment, that there would also be 'No way' that they would improve on its size as it is already a large ball of a playset as it is. So simply saying there is no way that they could make the Snowspeeder bigger is illogical.

At some point, there was 'no way' they'd EVER remake a UCS set. Oh look... X-Wing...

That is why 'no way' can't really simply be used.

Edited by Fuppylodders

The DS is already a massive set in itself. One could reasonably assume, without Just2Good's comment, that there would also be 'No way' that they would improve on its size as it is already a large ball of a playset as it is. So simply saying there is no way that they could make the Snowspeeder bigger is illogical.

At some point, there was 'no way' they'd EVER remake a UCS set. Oh look... X-Wing...

Well of course they could make the snowspeeder bigger, just like they can make the DS bigger, but what would sell more (to AFOLs and kids), a $500 dollar DS, or a $500 dollar snowspeeder?

Well of course they could make the snowspeeder bigger, just like they can make the DS bigger, but what would sell more (to AFOLs and kids), a $500 dollar DS, or a $500 dollar snowspeeder?

A $500 MF or AT-AT but that's an entirely different argument. Personally, I'm hoping for a new and improved DS that has better display value than the last one. The first UCS Snowspeeder is already pretty damn big but I'm sure they will bump up the piece count to around ~ 2000+ by using smaller parts without significantly changing its physical size.

I'm not saying there is no way they could, I'm simply saying there is no way they would. The matter of whether or not they would remake a UCS set was a different topic altogether.

I also did not say anything about just "bigger", I was talking about them making the snowspeeder "much bigger", for which they have no logical reason to do. The scale of the 2003 UCS snowspeeder can hardly be improved upon.

The only thing that could become "much bigger" is the piece count and the amount of detail by having much more smaller pieces, but they're not going to make a snowspeeder that's massive in overall size.

This is a different matter with the Death Star, obviously, which is a gigantic space station in the shape of a sphere. They could easily increase the size of that sphere to either add more rooms of specific scenes or to increase the size of rooms,

because the LEGO Death Star, as a sphere, was mostly made up of basic or fairly basic bricks. They could easily add a couple more rooms and make existing ones bigger because they were really rather small in the 2008 Death Star set.

If the designers decide to make the UCS snowspeeder "much bigger", they'd be giving themselves a hard time because they're gonna need bigger pieces for sections such as the windows, the guns, etc., which is why I deem it to be illogical to think they would make the snowspeeder "much bigger". In short: it's much easier to make a sphere that uses mostly basic bricks bigger than something much more filled with special parts that's the shape of a snowspeeder.

Edited by General Magma

While I do agree with you on the most part, I really can't see them making it *much* bigger, just potentially slightly bigger. As I said before, it is already big and bulky in size. To make it much bigger, that would mean probably adding at least another 1000 pieces (£350?! Not out of bounds for possibility...), as id guesstimate 500 just wouldnt cut it after their whole 'shrink the previous version/increase piece count' thing they do and then making it bigger even moreso...

Eh... I guess I'm just left feeling skeptical after the huge let down of the 'UCS' Hoth set...

Edited by Fuppylodders

Even if they simply re-released the same DS again, they'd raise the price. It's an 8 year old set and one of the best values that hasn't been adjusted for inflation or inflated licensing costs. I suspect the "bigger and more detailed" will simply be an excuse to try to justify the enormous price in the eyes of fans, but I double piece count-wise it will be that much bigger. Hope I'm wrong.

The previous DS was $700 AUD... I don't even dare to think what a bigger one would cost... I only hope it has no decent exclusive minifigs (which is about 0% chance)

Are we all 100% sure this is going to be the Death Star? Are we sure there's no chance that it's Starkiller Base? I mean, it would make sense. It's essentially the new Death Star, and it would be an interesting and quite striking model to have in a collection. I wouldn't be surprised if the designers at LEGO would want to take a crack at it just as they did with the Death Star.

Plus it would be a chance for LEGO to release a bunch of unique versions of all the characters with slightly different printing or whatever and we'll all get really annoyed and then buy them anyway

A Snowspeeder that's "much bigger" than the previous one with 1455 pieces seems very unlikely.

Are we all 100% sure this is going to be the Death Star? Are we sure there's no chance that it's Starkiller Base? I mean, it would make sense. It's essentially the new Death Star, and it would be an interesting and quite striking model to have in a collection. I wouldn't be surprised if the designers at LEGO would want to take a crack at it just as they did with the Death Star.

Plus it would be a chance for LEGO to release a bunch of unique versions of all the characters with slightly different printing or whatever and we'll all get really annoyed and then buy them anyway

It's not 100% the Death Star but it's 100% not Starkiller Base since it's a remake of a previous UCS set.