Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I'm starting to think there's a serious chance the May the 4th poly is an updated Hoth Leia

That would be smart because if you buy the set online you automatically get her for free making buying the set then much more appealing.

I'm relatively pleased. I had hoped that there would be no snowspeeder, since it's kind of a waste of parts, but I had already resigned myself to its inclusion. Apart from that, I like that we're getting a representation of all the key parts of the Echo Base, including the generator, hangar, and ion cannon. It's the first time they've come out with that. I also think this is a set that lends itself to creativity, since it looks easy to modify. I plan to add interior sections and add to the trench almost immediately after I finish it.

Finally, I like the fact that it has the UCS label, simply because it will probably irk some of you. The arguments about what is or is not truly "UCS" are so tiresome.

Here it is:

*snip*

So it is UCS after all (check the emblem)...

The one thing I'm disappointed in is that Leia isn't included.

I may be wrong, but isn't that Leia to the left of the trans-blue piece?

And, for me, there's not much "assault" going on in this set to justify calling it "Assault on Hoth". Only 2 Snowtroopers? How about at least having an AT-ST in there? It would have been a perfect opportunity to reveal a new, updated version IMHO.

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

I'll admit, I'm a bit bored with that set. It's nice they made a collection of the previous Hoth sets, but I can't say I want or need even half of the things included. I would like the Wampa Cave and shield generator but having the previous base makes the rest of this a bit pointless for me. It'll be nice for anyone who hasn't been buying the Hoth sets I guess.

Edited by strangely

No, it was stated in the press release that it was Toryn Farr.

And, for me, there's not much "assault" going on in this set to justify calling it "Assault on Hoth". Only 2 Snowtroopers? How about at least having an AT-ST in there? It would have been a perfect opportunity to reveal a new, updated version IMHO.

The women inside the base is Toryn Farr (confirmed by LEGO). There's no AT-ST here since there will be one released separately along the Rogue One wave in October.

I agree with the Assault comment, but if they locked yet another AT-ST into a huge expensive set they'd have an uproar among us Empire fans on their hands

Thank god there is a seperate AT-ST set for release.

It's not modular, it's loads of small/medium (ish!) builds. Mmmm

My Mrs would have my wotsits off if I said I'd spent £230 (or whatever) on that. Think I'll just bricklink the bits I want

No Bacta Luke, no Hoth Leia, no Rieekan, no Bacta Tank, barely any interior.........this set feels so incomplete.

Even though I have all these figures I still won't get this set. I've placed all my cards on those Rogue One sets!!!

I'm relatively pleased. I had hoped that there would be no snowspeeder, since it's kind of a waste of parts, but I had already resigned myself to its inclusion. Apart from that, I like that we're getting a representation of all the key parts of the Echo Base, including the generator, hangar, and ion cannon. It's the first time they've come out with that. I also think this is a set that lends itself to creativity, since it looks easy to modify. I plan to add interior sections and add to the trench almost immediately after I finish it.

Finally, I like the fact that it has the UCS label, simply because it will probably irk some of you. The arguments about what is or is not truly "UCS" are so tiresome.

The badge matters to someone who collects UCS only. Now the completionist side of me has to have it lol

That's the least exclusive exclusive set I've ever seen. The Ion Cannon, the shield generator and the two droids are new, but everything else is just a rehash of the same old Hoth stuff they release every other year - the Tauntaun, the Wampa, the Snowspeeder, the trench, the two turrets, the snowtrooper gun and bike...

Nice for somebody who wants to start with Hoth I guess, but the amount of new stuff is pretty disappointing. And of course the Snowspeeder design is 100% unchanged as well.

I'm starting to think there's a serious chance the May the 4th poly is an updated Hoth Leia

Great idea. I hope for this more than a TFA Luke.

No wonder it's not referred to as Echo Base as it's definitely not that. It makes the recent £20 set rather odd in that all the figures from that are available in this.

Disappointing that the Snowspeeder doesn't have an updated and more accurate canopy piece. I'm interested to see how updated Luke is so we can really see how many unique figures there is in this set.

The older Echo Base set would actually help to complete this as 'Base' with the Bacta tanks etc.

The badge matters to someone who collects UCS only. Now the completionist side of me has to have it lol

Perhaps it could displayed in a place of honor between your UCS Darth Maul Bust and UCS Naboo Starfighter? :laugh:

Perhaps it could displayed in a place of honor between your UCS Darth Maul Bust and UCS Naboo Starfighter? :laugh:

Haha. I'm not THAT much of a completionist ;)

There's another question: will the rebel pilots in this set have a new double-moulded helmet with transparent visor (just like the resistance troopers)? That would be awesome.

That's exactly why did it.

I would say don't let them goad you, but Star Wars fans have no control lol Everybody complains about increasingly "unreasonable" price:piece value but buys anyway.

I'd argue it's also sort of a US thing. The owners of the Boston Red Sox who also have a share in a European football franchise recently upped ticket prices overseas, fans actually revolted and staged a walk-out, and the owners reversed direction and froze ticket prices. Here, we just complain, pay anyway, and do nothing.

There, fixed the box art.

*snip*

Aside from the mouse head, I actually could believe that is the correct artwork XD

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

With the UCS badge, this also takes one of the UCS slots for the year since TLG only releases 1-2 a year. Makes me think Death Star will be 2017 (Rogue One and 40th anniversary of ANH is next year).

This is little more than a rehash of previous Hoth sets. If you have 7879, 7666, and 7749 then you basically have this set already. If you missed out on those, I could see it being with $250, but I don't think I'll be able to justify the price of this one for my own collection. None of it is really new except the ion cannon and shield generator.