Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

NY Toy Fair is this weekend so we should be getting nice looks at all of the new sets. Hopefully UCS Hoth will finally make an appearance as well ;)

Those yellow helmets maybe, but I just can't see protagonists wearing that "Death trooper" helmet unless they're disguising themselves as an already established imperial troops.

But as you said, either way we'll get great figures!

I'm just assuming it's a red herring. Everybody's thinking they'll be imperial because the whole black=badguy trope and lucasfilm is aware of it. I know they're borrowing bits and pieces from the EU in these movies just like they did with TFA.

That helmet gives off vibes of the Rebel black ops commandos aka "Black operations". You can't deny it. :wink: Take a look a this pic.

RebelSpecForce_zps3qndd2wd.jpg

Considering this movie is about the "squad" that steals the death star plans it's a possibility at least. I'm not saying that I'm right or you're wrong. Nobody has confirmed either way what the black clad troops are yet, but there was confirmation that certain black clad classic stormtroopers aka "dark troopers" will make an appearance. I just think they'll need something equally elite to tango with.

As far as an $80 price for the junk planet playset, that's a no from me. You get a new fat alien minifig, an ugly "build a beast" , a lean-to that has a collapsing feature or something, and generic figs we've got before..... for $80. :laugh: NOPE. I'll be openminded about some aspects of it and hope that the luggabeast thing looks decent, but I'll believe it when I see it. :tongue:

Let's see what news the NYC toy fair brings us.

Edited by joebiwankenobi

I just realized that in the London Fair pictures of the set with the black and red color scheme it looks like we're getting a new Dengar miniature woot woot.

NY Toy Fair is this weekend so we should be getting nice looks at all of the new sets. Hopefully UCS Hoth will finally make an appearance as well ;)

Did they reveal last year's UCS there as well?

I just realized that in the London Fair pictures of the set with the black and red color scheme it looks like we're getting a new Dengar miniature woot woot.

You're several pages late for that realization :wink:

You're several pages late for that realization :wink:

Haha wow. That actually reminds me of Dengar from the Robot Chicken Specials:

I'm not a big fan of those overly detailed chewbacca-style Torso/headpieces for near-human aliens. It makes sense for gammorean guards and ewoks, but unkar plutt looks horrible.

I seriously doubt that Encounter on Jakku's $80... I'll wait for official confirmation before freaking out about it. If it is, I'll eat my words, but I bet it's $50 to $60.

Not a real fan? I'm sorry but you can't decide who is or isn't real fan. The whole story of Ashoka undermines the whole Jedi story in that you have to be a Jedi master to have a Padawan. It's just stupid marketing to entice female fans.

I admit she is much better in Rebels now she has grown up and I have nothing against her personally, it's purely just a huge plot hole in the whole saga.

Anyway, back to Lego - I won't be buying the set

The way it worked (IDK about post-legends), was that you were a padawan. You passed the trials and became a knight. You took on a padawan and once THEY became a knight, you became a master. Ahsoka never became a knight, so Anakin couldn't have been a Master. Case and point.

I don't suppose anyone noticed that part of the wall is hinged and we're looking at the interior of Unkar's junkshop? :tongue:

Knowing that it doesn't seem that bad at all. We just need to wait and see what the exterior looks like.

I'm still looking forward to that Encounter on Jakku set. It could be nicely integrated into a Jakku diorama with Rey's speeder - or even a large Niima Outpost MOC featuring the Millennium Falcon, a tie fighter flying overhead and plenty of destruction.

So 50$ Encounter on Jakku rumor was debunked in a minutes. 80$ is ridiculous price for that set! It probably has 400-500 pieces, so 50$ would have been a fair price. At 50$ I would definitely buy it but at 80, no way. When Vader Tie costs 100$ I'd rather buy set where I get more value, and at 80$ Encounter on Jakku isn't a good value. Seems Disney has created TFA tax for every new ep 7 set. Well at least OT, PT and Rebels set seem to be fairly priced.

Edited by benderisgreat

Why is it a bad thing for women (or little girls) to be, or become, fans of Star Wars ?

I didn't take his comment as saying it's bad for females to become fans of Star Wars. I think he is saying that the addition of that particular character violates the Jedi code. The fact that she is young and somewhat angsty makes her a weaker character, in my opinion, than Leia or Rey, who are two of my favorite fictional characters ever. I can't tell you how amazing of a character I think Rey is. But I can understand his opinion that Ashoka was created to appeal to a certain demographic. Even if I couldn't see it, he's only expressing his opinion. He's not saying women can't be Jedi or Star Wars fans.

I didn't take his comment as saying it's bad for females to become fans of Star Wars. I think he is saying that the addition of that particular character violates the Jedi code. The fact that she is young and somewhat angsty makes her a weaker character, in my opinion, than Leia or Rey, who are two of my favorite fictional characters ever. I can't tell you how amazing of a character I think Rey is. But I can understand his opinion that Ashoka was created to appeal to a certain demographic. Even if I couldn't see it, he's only expressing his opinion. He's not saying women can't be Jedi or Star Wars fans.

Hey! Stop going off topic or I'll snitch on you to the mods! ;)

Ashoka dressed like a teen prostitute, had infuriating catch phrases and was the ultimate Mary Sue...and that's when I stopped watching the Clone Wars show and any other Star Wars media that I feared she might appear in. I'll be in dire straights if she's ever set to appear in Episode 8 or 9...

On topic...

Where in the blazes is Echo Base? I can't recall another set - from any line - that's been 'confirmed' for so long without being seen, it's been 12 months surely?

Ashoka dressed like a teen prostitute, had infuriating catch phrases and was the ultimate Mary Sue...and that's when I stopped watching the Clone Wars show and any other Star Wars media that I feared she might appear in. I'll be in dire straights if she's ever set to appear in Episode 8 or 9...

On topic...

Where in the blazes is Echo Base? I can't recall another set - from any line - that's been 'confirmed' for so long without being seen, it's been 12 months surely?

I think it happened with he Simpsons line and I'm sure it happened with the UCS Slave 1 as well.

I'm not a big fan of those overly detailed chewbacca-style Torso/headpieces for near-human aliens. It makes sense for gammorean guards and ewoks, but unkar plutt looks horrible.

I can't imagine him as a normal minifigure. He would look terrible.

As for the Encounter on Jakku set as a whole, that price is atrocious. I really hope that's wrong, it's way overpriced. Also, the Luggabeast looks awful, and takes away from the value for me.

So, I come back on the forum after a few weeks expecting Nima outpost comments and find people (what I assume are fully grown, adult men) arguing about if a cartoon character from a fictitious sci-fi universe dresses like "a teen prostitute"? Are you guys for real right now?

Anyway...I think that the all blue Luggabeast is fine, because we would either need tonnes of stickers or many tan played which would increase the parts and therefore the price - so I don't mind it at all!

I already had a problem with the Luggabeast being brick-built rather than a molded animal like the Dewback or Rancor. The fact that the colors are off just makes it worse.

I already had a problem with the Luggabeast being brick-built rather than a molded animal like the Dewback or Rancor. The fact that the colors are off just makes it worse.

In my opinion, it makes sense to have it brick-built since most of the Luggabeast is mechanical anyway. The legs, which are the only visible organic part, are moulded after all :sweet: Sand blue would have been a more appropriate colour, that's true, but personally I don't mind that too much :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

Well, we got kinda spoiled already by that one picture where you could barely see stuff, but yeah more detailed pictures will hopefully fuel this thread with more interesting on-topic discussions again :classic:

Regarding Hoth UCS:

Please be no Playset, please be no playset, please be no playset ....

Ah, who am I kidding, its going to be a playset :laugh: To bad in my opinion, would have been interesting to see more of a display focused Hoth Echo Base.

I know that would have been hard to do since the Base is not that flashy or visually interesting, but still I think it would have been interesting to see what they would have come up with.

You literally described how an awful lot of female teenagers are/can relate to when theyre being rebellious/all knowing... Which enables them to relate to that character. Most teenagers can be annoying/have annoying catch phrases... Show me a school without half tue teenagers coming up with annoying catch phrases? It wont happen. Her character progresses extremely well in her personality and grows up very nicely. Id say they hit the nail on the head with her character.

Not a real fan? I'm sorry but you can't decide who is or isn't real fan. The whole story of Ashoka undermines the whole Jedi story in that you have to be a Jedi master to have a Padawan. It's just stupid marketing to entice female fans.

I admit she is much better in Rebels now she has grown up and I have nothing against her personally, it's purely just a huge plot hole in the whole saga.

Anyway, back to Lego - I won't be buying the set

A Jedi never had to be a Jedi Master in order to have a Padawan - you had to be at least a Knight in order to be able to have a Padawan.

Heck, you needed to have had a Padawan and successfully trained them to the rank of Jedi Knight in order to even become a Master, which furthermore adds to the reason that Anakin never got to become a Master - he never finished Ahsoka's training.

Ahsoka was a perfectly fitting character for this. I suggest you get your knowledge of the lore right before you make assumptions about things like this and declare them to be untrue to established in-universe facts, even though they've never been untrue to those facts.

So with that said, I'm looking forward to seeing an Ahsoka minifigure pop up in one of the new Rebels sets. When she was first introduced, I despised the character, but she's clearly had lots of character development and is an all-round better character now.

I'm no fan of true Mary Sues, but these type of complaints always seem to be aimed at female characters, even though they are one of many characters with special powers in the Star Wars galaxy.

A female (a Force user, at that) who is very competent? Blasphemy, that's a Mary Sue! And when it's a male character... "Well he's just a badass!"... Nobody ever complained when an untrained Luke perfectly guided a proton torpedo into a tiny exhaust port in the Death Star using the Force.

Edited by General Magma

Well, we got kinda spoiled already by that one picture where you could barely see stuff, but yeah more detailed pictures will hopefully fuel this thread with more interesting on-topic discussions again :classic:

Regarding Hoth UCS:

Please be no Playset, please be no playset, please be no playset ....

Ah, who am I kidding, its going to be a playset :laugh: To bad in my opinion, would have been interesting to see more of a display focused Hoth Echo Base.

I know that would have been hard to do since the Base is not that flashy or visually interesting, but still I think it would have been interesting to see what they would have come up with.

I'm thinking it will be just like the Ewok Village and be a $250 large play set. In fact I can see Ewok Village retiring soon and this taking its place on the shelf. Technically not UCS imho but that's an entirely separate discussion ;)

I'm more excited for the UCS Snowspeeder as I'm a ship/display kind of guy and snowspeeder is on of my favorite vehicles from my childhood. Insta-buy right there for me!

All you need for post-hoth-attack K-3PO is the original head on the new body!

post-hoth? Could you please elaborate I'm interested (: