Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

@BigEl: Of course it would matter :wink: If Snoke was a brand-new character, they'd have to get really creative about his backstory, since he was active during the rise and fall of the empire, as the novelisation states. So what was he doing all this time? If he was Plagueis, it'd immediately explain a huge junk of that (recovering from his "death", waiting for a chance to overthrow his treacherous ex-pupil etc). Importantly, it's also the only way to top Palpatine, who has been the evil overlord behind everything that happened between Epi. I and VI. Who's the only one that could be more evil and powerful than Palpatine? The one who trained him :sweet:

Back to topic: Has anyone managed to spot a Clone helmet in the Toy Fair pictures of the AT-TE? I've been inspecting every nook and cranny of both pictures and I couldn't find one. I was hoping we'd get at least one for Rex since his was the most prominent in the two episodes it appeared in :laugh: The clones look a bit plain without helmets, to be honest...

Edited by Lego-Freak

Has anyone managed to spot a Clone helmet in the Toy Fair pictures of the AT-TE?

No, TLG will be releasing a "helmet pack" that includes Sabine's new helmet and the three helmets for the old timer clones for £19.99

No, TLG will be releasing a "helmet pack" that includes Sabine's new helmet and the three helmets for the old timer clones for £19.99

:roflmao:

Seriously though: they didn't give Sabine her helmet the first time around, but Sabine is a main character and thus it was only a matter of time till we got one (and we did a couple of months later). Rex (and especially Gregor and Wolffe) on the other hand are less likely to be released in another set, so this was pretty much our only chance :cry_sad: They even gave the Grand Inquisitor a unique helmet even though they didin't have to since he didn't sport it much (I think it was only once in the entire first season).

Speaking of Inquisitors: I hope we'll get the Seventh Sister in the same set as Ahsoka, that really shouldn't be too unrealistic considering the Fifth Brother's appearance in the AT-TE set :grin: Hopefully she'll come with one or two of those micro probe droids of hers, those are just too cute :wub:

Edited by Lego-Freak

@BigEl: Of course it would matter :wink: If Snoke was a brand-new character, they'd have to get really creative about his backstory, since he was active during the rise and fall of the empire, as the novelisation states. So what was he doing all this time? If he was Plagueis, it'd immediately explain a huge junk of that (recovering from his "death", waiting for a chance to overthrow his treacherous ex-pupil etc). Importantly, it's also the only way to top Palpatine, who has been the evil overlord behind everything that happened between Epi. I and VI. Who's the only one that could be more evil and powerful than Palpatine? The one who trained him :sweet:

That would be interesting for people who like to dive deeply in Star Wars Lore, but I hardly doubt it would change anything for the main plot of the new trilogy, which is pretty obviously focused around Rey, Finn and Kylo Ren (and maybe Hux and/or Phasma) with Snoke as well as the the other side-cast like Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher etc. just the means to an end.

Yeah... When JJ Abrams was asked during the SDCC Panel, I think it was, whether or not Plagueis would even be in the films he flat out answered no. Sure he could be lying but I doubt it. They created a whole new series of characters for the ST so why would they not do the same for the very embodiment of all evil in the film?

Snoke is not Plagueis, he is an old deformed character. Thats why no one knew who is he, but everything will be revealed in episode 8!

Edited by irispen

I didn't know there was two images of the AT-TE? I am hoping that Lego have put the phase 1 clone helmet in the AT-TE as seen in one of the episodes. It would be a cool little Easter egg if they did. :grin:

I didn't know there was two images of the AT-TE? I am hoping that Lego have put the phase 1 clone helmet in the AT-TE as seen in one of the episodes. It would be a cool little Easter egg if they did. :grin:

They were "unofficially leaked" (shhh) from the Toy Fair. There should be a link a few pages back.

Snoke is not Plagueis, he is an old deformed character. Thats why no one knew who is he, but everything will be revealed in episode 8!

Who is to say you're correct? He could be Plagueis, he could be a completely new character. There is evidence to support both. But only episode 8 and 9 will tell.

They were "unofficially leaked" (shhh) from the Toy Fair. There should be a link a few pages back.

Oh those ones! I have already seen them but only one has the AT-TE on that's why I was getting a little confused. :grin:

Who is to say you're correct? He could be Plagueis, he could be a completely new character. There is evidence to support both. But only episode 8 and 9 will tell.

Just remember what i said when you watch episode 8 next year. He was there since episode 1.

Anyway, since the new x wing is light grey, maybe we will also get a light grey rogue one x-wing on october? From what i know, we will get different paint jobs on x wing in rogue one. I hate the incosistency of lego, the red 5 is white!

Does anyone know if the clone turbo tank set is based on the prequel movie or the rebels series?

Pretty sure there hasn't been a CTT in Rebels. Did you mean PT or Clone Wars?

When Rex and company show up in Rebels, they are operating an AT-TE...

They have done a lot of mods to it, so it will always be obvious when we are looking at that one now.

I must say I'm more disappointed in the wave than I thought I'd be, the only set I'm considering is the X wing for my Resistance base. It's probably for the best though, now I can save for the Death Star.

I must say I'm more disappointed in the wave than I thought I'd be, the only set I'm considering is the X wing for my Resistance base. It's probably for the best though, now I can save for the Death Star.

I have the exact same thoughts. The Resistance X-Wing is the only one that really interests me.

I have the exact same thoughts. The Resistance X-Wing is the only one that really interests me.

I guess it depends on your interests really not every wave will please everyone all of the time.

Lawrence Kasdan, JJ Abrams, and Andy Serkis.

Hi. Just joined, but I've been reading all posts since mid January. I also recently got back into Legos since back in 2005. Started by getting the new millennium falcon back in September because I've always wanted one. That was going to be the only one I was going to get. Then my wife got me 8 more Star Wars sets for Christmas. Now I'm hooked again. Plus found out my mother threw all of my older Star Wars sets away So I'm pretty much trying to get all the sets that are similar to the sets I had. Example, just got the UCS slave 1 in rememberance of the 7144 slave 1. Which was one of my favorites and first Star Wars sets as a child. So I've missed out on all sets from 2006-2015ish. Needless to say, I'm glad their rereleasing old models in new form. Really excited for the new sets, minus the two unknown ships from TLG new show. First two that I'll get are the CTT and darth vaders tie advance vs. a-wing. Awing was also another set I used to have(7134)

Looks like I'll be buying the CTT, even if it is slightly smaller it'll be probably be superior in sturdiness to previous sets. I also just can't resist the lure of non-cw jedi. Although the Tie Advanced vs A Wing is well designed, I'll probably try and get the previous Tie Advanced rebels set first, then see if I have the cash.

I was intrigued by the Jakku Outpost, but unless the luggabeast is drastically changed its a no from me.

I've already got the previous x Wing and there seems to be no reason I'd want a second apart from a different colour scheme.

I'll need to see the other sets better to make up my mind, although so far there does seem some elements which are quite appealing, even if I'm 95% sure that white minifigure in the Sith batwing set isn't dengar.

Really looking forward to the Ahsoka set, hopefully it's a blockade runner (despite the already expensive summer sets) and comes with Ahsoka, seventh sister, commander sato and maybe some of the other rebels.

It's certainly an exciting (if expensive) time to be lego star wars, if not for the actual sets themselves then just for the sheer quantity of what we're getting!

Edited by Dragonlego27

They haven't said it's not plagueis exactly-

plus plagueis is a new character we've never actually seen before in canon- and you really think JJ is honest after the Star Trek fiesco?

Anyways, do we know if there are actual rogue one sets coming after this wave, or is it just the Death Star? if there are then i might just hold fire with my cash.

They haven't said it's not plagueis exactly-

plus plagueis is a new character we've never actually seen before in canon- and you really think JJ is honest after the Star Trek fiesco?

Anyways, do we know if there are actual rogue one sets coming after this wave, or is it just the Death Star? if there are then i might just hold fire with my cash.

I don't know if it's 100% confirmed that it's Rogue One sets but we are defiantly getting five sets in September I believe.

I don't know if it's 100% confirmed that it's Rogue One sets but we are defiantly getting five sets in September I believe.

October. Rogue One sets will arrive in October source:

image-148.jpeg?w=750

October. Rogue One sets will arrive in October source:

*snip*

Slave I?

This looks very interesting

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Fantastic, I think I'll hold fire with my money until then- would really love some opportunities to pick up some original trilogy stormtroopers like the ones from the super star destroyer, they're so hard to find on eBay! In the mean time I was thinking of picking up a TFA set from last year to go with my tie fighter, would yous recommend the transport of the shuttle? or even the final duel (not TFA)

I am very happy that we are getting more Rebels sets, especially Rex's AT-TE!

As others have said, it would have been better if the clones had a darker head color. In TLG's defense, it probably has to do with the reference that they were given.

Edit: never mind, Hasbro got Rex’s skin color correct for their Rebels figure. So, Lego should have been able to get it right too. It's a shame, because I can't see Lego making Gregor and Wolf again soon to correct the problem.

Edited by phanstasm