Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Maybe that 3PO is C-3PO from Episode II, instead of a chrome-but-not-chrome random droid.

Chrome protocol droid is interesting, perhaps it's intended to be an Ep2 C3PO. Even if it isn't maybe that's what I'll use it for.

You won me...

Edited by hachiroku

What's up with the ugly blue parts on the Luggabeast? It looks out of place and barely represent the color scheme of the real thing.

It seems that LEGO has forgotten the existence of the sand blue colour...

I hope the helmeted clone is Gregor - it would need a new mould and could open up possibilities for Delta Squad :wub: !

Probably getting TIE vs A-Wing, Clone Turbo Tank, Resistance X-Wing and Niima Outpost day 1. Might wait and see for the others

Well, not the best possible picture but given the circumstances I´ll take it!

The TIE Advanced vs. A Wing just got a lot more interesting for me and that is actually not because of the TIE (no clear front view of the ship anyway) but because of the A-Wing. I am definitely not a fan of the simple design of the A-Wing but this one looks great, the shapes, the design and especially the Colourization I reeeeally like (awesome tan and green!) :thumbup: Does look like a TON of stickers though, so I have to wait and see if this one really might be something to consider.

Unfortunately we dont have a really good view on the Clone Turbo Tank (sides and front), but it definitely looks too small. The massive size of it is one of the great design properties but I fear it will look a bit stupid next to the 2014 AT-AP, that has a very good size for its design. Also weird choice of wheel parts, the last Clone Wars Version had the most accurate ones in my opinion!

What else? The Resistance X-Wing looks fantastic! Absolute must buy as it seems since the recolour looks so much better than Poe´s personal X-Wing in my opinion. Also a great minifig line-up, one more standard X-Wing Pilot or Stormtrooper and it would have been perfect.

Only thing that is weird to me is that the Luggabeast is frigging BLUE? What in the world, wasnt it totally grey? I mean the build looks pretty good but that Blue is a total set killer for me. Why have they done that? :cry_sad:

Any ideas on the items in the Calendar?

Here are my guesses based on the display:

Row 1: Slave I, Bespin Guard, Imperial Tie Fighter, Imperial Navy Trooper, ?, Snowtrooper

Row 2: Snowman?, 1.4 FD P-Tower?, Hoth Rebel Trooper, Venator-class Star Destroyer, AAT?, HMP droid gunship?

Row 3: Not Visible, Obi Wan's Delta-7 Starfighter, CR90 Corvette / Blockade Runner, E-3PO / TC-14?, Brown GNK droid?, ?

Row 4: Not Visible, ?, Stormtrooper, Sentinel-class landing craft?, Sled, White Chewbacca / Yeti

There are two items that aren't directly visible in the grid display.

However, it looks like they may be a Battle Droid and Luke Skywalker (from 75093: Death Star Final Duel) as these characters are shown on the box.

EDIT: Added Sentinel-class landing craft as a best guess

Edited by lomis

And am I the only one pretty pissed off that the fifth brother is included in that AT-TE? Another example of lego putting a must own figure in a set nobody wants :(

Nope. Fig will be +-20 on Bricklink I guess.....

Is that a new RTOJ Luke (Jabba's sail barge outfit) with green lightsaber in the advent calendar?! Look just right of the Hoth rebel! You can see Jabba's Palace on the right of the box too.

Quinlan Vos looks awesome, seems like he's even got arm printing. I'm also satisfied with the CTTs smaller size if it's a sturdier build.

The blue luggabeast means I'm even less optimistic about the Jakku outpost set, although every time I look at the Tie Advanced set I want it just a bit more...

Zooming in it doesn't look like the fig in the sith batwing isn't dengar

Love the new inclusion of a 3PO unit in the advent calendar. :wub:

I hope it is E-3PO.

The new Juggernaut looks pretty bad in my opinion.

Every time a new one comes out the smaller it gets.

It's suppose to be a large vehicle even bigger than the AT-TE. :hmpf_bad:

Also not a fan of the new X-wing.

I mean its cool and all but it's almost exactly the same as the black and orange one and the figures are also very similar.

I wish they include M9-G8 or R2-KT.

Or even better Poe's other unnamed black R0 unit droid.

Also you cannot put a generic astromech in the new X-wings which is very disappointing for an astromech fan like myself.

For the other figures the Bullhead pilot would have been fantastic or for fan service Nien Nunb.

There were so many alternatives for this set...

I'll probably get the 75150 Darth Vader's Tie Advanced vs A-Wing Starfighter and I'll definitely get the advent calendar.

Not sure if I'll get anything else this wave as my wallet is already empty from the winter 2016 wave. :cry_sad:

*snip*

The Luggabeast looks pretty blue to me but I agree it should be a darker shade

Hm alright, seems my memory isnt that good anymore :grin: Still (and I realize its hard for Lego to get those dirty/used looks right without using prints or stickers), the Blue is waaaay too bright, makes it look too comical :sceptic:

Edited by Lobot
: Please don't quote images, thanks :-)

Mostly all of the figs in the advent calendar have some sort of relation to the mini builds (Snow Trooper and the Hoth Turret, Bespin Guard and Slave 1, etc...), so the protocol droid might be something related to the Blockade Runner. Perhaps U-3PO, although the colors don't really match up.

luggabeast_3439af0a.jpeg?region=0,160,15

The Luggabeast looks pretty blue to me but I agree it should be a darker shade

Yeah the Luggabeast has blue armor in the movie, but the blue colored parts in the Luggabeast is way too bright for me and make it looks like something that are came out from a kids coloring book. Sand Blue parts or even some dirt print and stickers on the Luggabeast's armor will be better.

Turbo tank looks small?

Can you elaborate any? Has it changed significantly from the preliminary pic? I didn't think it looked particularly small on the box art.

Hoping it turns out good, I already sold my Clone Wars version in preparation for replacing it with this one.

Edited by ryan1584

Wait - so is Teedo of average height, or about as small as a Jawa? I just noticed the figure has normal legs, and Teedo in the picture doesn't look that small either.

Well, it appears that TLG are going to give me a Christmas that I've long dreamt of! A Bespin Guard, plus what looks rather like an E-3PO, in the Advent Calendar - that's got to be a good indication that we're destined for some Cloudy City sets! I'm going to be buying multiples of this, great work TLG! :classic:

Can you elaborate any? Has the Turbo Tank changed significantly from the preliminary pic? I didn't think it looked particularly small on the box art.

Hoping it turns out good, I already sold my Clone Wars version in preparation for replacing it with this one.

See the pictures of the Turbo Tank at the link below here:

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=118611&st=4750#entry2454811

From the pictures, it's clearly that the Turbo Tank is way smaller for the previous versions. (Not counting Midi-scale or Microfighters set)

I dont think its a white chewbaca I think its his perverted dad from the xmas special

1pic2.png

Edited by pittpenguin123

Wait - so is Teedo of average height, or about as small as a Jawa? I just noticed the figure has normal legs, and Teedo in the picture doesn't look that small either.

He is shown in TFA Visual Dictionnary as being about half the height of normal human - sized characters.

Edited by fighterpilot105

According to Brickset, 75148 Encounter on Jakku will cost $80 American, 75147 Star Scavenger will cost $70 American, 75150 TIE Advanced and A-wing will cost $100 American, and 75151 Clone Turbo Tank as well as 75157 AT-TE are both $130 each. Good God.

Edited by ChristopherLee