Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Gimme Dash Rendar and the Outrider. Some Rogues and a proper E-Wing. Biggs Darklighter from Tattooine and a different Skyhopper or landspeeder. Yavin Base.

Yes please.

I'd love some EU sets. I'm probably in the minority as a not-even-a-little-bit an of TFA, and couldn't care less if there's another Poe or Ren fig or ship. Give me a Thrawn, Pellaeon and Noghri set with a command room. Gimme Dash Rendar and the Outrider. Kyle Katarn and the Crow. Jaina Solo and a StealthX. Some Rogues and a proper E-Wing. Biggs Darklighter from Tattooine and a different Skyhopper or landspeeder. Yavin Base. The Errant Venture. Caedus and Ben Skywalker. Cade Skywalker vs Darth Krayt.

The Lars family speeder hasn't been made, and has turned up in Rebels... so that speeder, Aunt Beru, Luke with his floppy hat maybe (the CMF Scarecrow/Farmer hat in tan?), and post-Academy Biggs with his cape, maybe a moisture vaporator build and a Gonk droid? That could work. I almost suggested in an earlier post an E-wing in Alliance/NR deco (rather than the deco used in the Jek-14 "It's an E-wing but we aren't calling it that" set) with an R7 droid and a couple pilots like Tycho Celchu & Corran Horn, plus Whistler)... but really that's for another topic. Still, maybe the new show will deliver some interesting characters, even EU ones as it's not gonna be canon anyway.

According to promobricks.de (http://www.promobricks.de/erste-details-zum-lego-star-wars-adventskalender-2016-75146/12714), the Advent Calendar will include 10 minifigs (including a chrome C-3PO, a white Chewbacca and a Snowtrooper snowman) and lots of microscale vehicles, as per the usual. They specifically mention the Slave One, a TIE Advanced, an A-Wing, a Blockade Runner and a Republic Cruiser :classic:

More bits of information about the regular sets are to be posted soon, hopefully they'll be able to provide a full minifig list :sweet:

According to promobricks.de (http://www.promobricks.de/erste-details-zum-lego-star-wars-adventskalender-2016-75146/12714), the Advent Calendar will include 10 minifigs (including a chrome C-3PO, a white Chewbacca and a Snowtrooper snowman) and lots of microscale vehicles, as per the usual. They specifically mention the Slave One, a TIE Advanced, an A-Wing, a Blockade Runner and a Republic Cruiser :classic:

While these figures do sound good and the inclusion of a rebel blockade runner is new I am disappointed since I expected them to do an all-TFA advent calendar, since I'm sure there would be enough material to work from. The advent calendars were sort of going stale anyway, rehashing the microscale vehicles. Do you know what the 'santa' minifigure will be?

While these figures do sound good and the inclusion of a rebel blockade runner is new I am disappointed since I expected them to do an all-TFA advent calendar, since I'm sure there would be enough material to work from. The advent calendars were sort of going stale anyway, rehashing the microscale vehicles. Do you know what the 'santa' minifigure will be?

The article doesn't mention anything beyond that (except for a sleigh, forgot to mention that :blush: ), so it's hard to tell :wink: Personally, I think there's a good chance the calendar might still feature TFA stuff as well for there are seven minifigs and eight vehicles left :sweet:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I'm guessing the only special figures for the Advent Calendar are those three listed, and not any TFA ones (although I was really expecting Santa Kylo Ren or Snowball BB-8). It's a bit surprising to me that it doesn't seem to be TFA-based, but I'm not complaining because chrome 3PO and snowy Chewbacca sound great!

Edited by DarthPotato

Chrome 3PO and a snowy (Hoth?) Chewie, yes please! I can actually do without another Santa style minifigure, as those were getting old. Definitely more interested in a flashy (pun intended) minifigure like shiny 3PO. Here's hoping for a TFA minifigure - maybe a Stormtrooper or arm-builder type.

I expect some of the trooper-types will be from TFA... probably a Stormie or Snowtrooper (and accompanying weapon rack), maybe a Resistance trooper. If the Chewie is "Hoth Chewie", dusted with snow, that'd be pretty spectacular... even if it's just a white Wookiee, I'd be stoked (provided it's got a printed face and isn't a just a snowman Wookiee)

...and it may have been at the time that art was created. But in the final film, it isn't. Such is the nature of concept art... she has no ship, just a speeder. The quadjumper belongs to Unkar or someone else on Jakku.

According to the Visual Guide, it belongs to Unkar.

This is weird, though. We just had an updated A-Wing last year. Unless they do it in Rebels colors?

Yeah, it'll probably be that--blue would be my guess--and/or yet another attempt at it refining the build (maybe they'll try to get the angled wings in there as well?)

Chewbacca sounds interesting. Hopefully by white they mean he will be covered in patches of snow like on Hoth. It would be perfect to tie in with the new Echo Base thats coming out. I'm still hoping they can fit Hoth Leia in somewhere either in the Advent Calender or Echo Base.

I assume Chewbacca will end up looking like a yeti. Chrome C3PO still surprises me. There has never been a chrome minifigure in a set before. Hopefully it becomes common and we'll get our accurate phasma soon.

Edited by amazingbricks

White chewie! I think i like an all-white chewie even more than the movie-accurate chewie with snowflakes on him (that one i would like to see done too). A chrome c-3po would be awesome, can we get an r2d2 with chrome top too please?

The inclusion of boba's ship makes me guess there will be an ugnaught, or a bespin guard. Most of the times the builds have something to do with the minifigs, right?

Certainly the last one was very much 'themed' i hadn't spotted it in the earlier ones. Chrome C-3PO sounds too good to be true!

Chrome C-3PO sounds too good to be true!

It does to me, too. A white Chewie could either be an Abominable Wookie or, as other have mentioned, a snow splattered Chewie which would actually be one of the best figures released in the last couple of years and perfect to go with the recent / giveaway Han Hoth figure. I thought the last calendar was quite Hoth focused though with various things so I'm not hopeful it's a Hoth Chewie.

Chrome C-3PO just seems like one of those figures that would be a premium promo item rather than a figure in a Calendar but the report indicates that they've actually seen them and it's not just rumour or speculation.

I am very surprised we are getting a Chrome 3PO in a set this cheap. I mean I would of expected to see this in the Snadcrawler as it's extremely expensive, but I'm not complaining. :grin::wub:

White chewie! I think i like an all-white chewie even more than the movie-accurate chewie with snowflakes on him (that one i would like to see done too). A chrome c-3po would be awesome, can we get an r2d2 with chrome top too please?

The inclusion of boba's ship makes me guess there will be an ugnaught, or a bespin guard. Most of the times the builds have something to do with the minifigs, right?

That makes sense! If that happens we`ll get the most interesting calendar until now in my opinion!

The calendar also includes a snowman snowtrooper! :D

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

That would be amazing to include a chrome figure in the Advent Calendar! just cant see it happening though. Like the sound of the Hoth Chewie and there will hopefully be some good army building TFA guys in there too. Look forward to this one, again!

Just seen a photo from one of the shows on Facebook. TIE advanced looks fantastic, and it certainly looks like Tarkin in a tan outfit, with Vader, Sabine and a new pilot with a recolour of the A-wing pilot helmet.

Turbo tank looks small?

Grey and white x wing looks spot on, and has a little build similar to a moisture vaporator, plus flame trooper, Poe BB8 and Lor San Tekka.

Luggabeast appears to be mostly light blue, and his set has a market scene similar size to Takodana, plus Unkar, Rey, BB8 and Teedo. No extra thug by the looks of it.

AT-TE looks a right mishmash as expected, not for me.

Edited by markw