Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

So I just spoke with the guy/gal who runs Promobricks and was informed that no one was allowed to take pictures of anything Star Wars. Looks like we might have to wait until NY Toy Fair to get photos.

Seriously? Making pictures from anything else is alright but Star Wars... oh noo, have to keep this stupid and pointless secrecy alive.

Almost to make the SW Stuff look more premium and important, so they can sell it more expensive in the end?!

So I just spoke with the guy/gal who runs Promobricks and was informed that no one was allowed to take pictures of anything Star Wars. Looks like we might have to wait until NY Toy Fair to get photos.

Are you serious? What is there to spoil?!

Are you serious? What is there to spoil?!

Not sure - my guess would be LEGOs new Star Wars animated series being the reason. They likely didn't want to reveal it yet but needed to present the sets to retailers for ordering purposes.

Not sure - my guess would be LEGOs new Star Wars animated series being the reason. They likely didn't want to reveal it yet but needed to present the sets to retailers for ordering purposes.

So we don't get pictures probably because of a terrible show?

It seems LEGO doesn't understand that literally nobody cares about the sets from the new show, it's the Rebels and TFA sets we want to see...

It seems LEGO doesn't understand that literally nobody cares about the sets from the new show, it's the Rebels and TFA sets we want to see...

Wouldn't be a better idea to not showcase those sets, so we can see the other way better Star Wars sets.

If it helps, 75148 is a black box only in the catalog.

Well, that explains why it wasn't leaked along with the other prelim set pictures a couple of weeks ago :classic: Too bad we won't get to see anything... for the time being. Luckily, NYTF is just around the corner :sweet:

Well, that explains why it wasn't leaked along with the other prelim set pictures a couple of weeks ago :classic: Too bad we won't get to see anything... for the time being. Luckily, NYTF is just around the corner :sweet:

This is the X-wing set and I thought it did get leaked in the prelims. :look:

This is the X-wing set and I thought it did get leaked in the prelims. :look:

Encounter on Jakku is a different set from the X-Wing.

Does anyone know what the price in the United States will be for 75136 Droid Escape Pod? I'm assuming it will be $25, but I haven't found any sources confirming the price. :sceptic:

Ok heres to why i desperately hope that those Adventures Sets will sell horribly to the point it was a big mistake by Lego:

- Its lazy as hell. Whats infinitely more easier than trying to get existent models/designs right with which people could maybe not satisfied with? You just make your own.

- Its even more greedy than usual. Its literally not "Star Wars" but simple fanfictional toy designs, yet Lego still slaps the Star Wars Theme onto the box to be able to sell it for the premium license prices.

- It takes away precious recources of budget, designers work, storage etc., that could be used for proper real Star Wars Sets. God knows there are literally endless Sets that still could be done or remade. And I wouldnt even care what it would be, anything would be than the fanficitonal stuff.

Ok heres to why i desperately hope that those Adventures Sets will sell horribly to the point it was a big mistake by Lego:

- Its lazy as hell. Whats infinitely more easier than trying to get existent models/designs right with which people could maybe not satisfied with? You just make your own.

- Its even more greedy than usual. Its literally not "Star Wars" but simple fanfictional toy designs, yet Lego still slaps the Star Wars Theme onto the box to be able to sell it for the premium license prices.

- It takes away precious recources of budget, designers work, storage etc., that could be used for proper real Star Wars Sets. God knows there are literally endless Sets that still could be done or remade. And I wouldnt even care what it would be, anything would be than the fanficitonal stuff.

Preach! Can we start a petition? Or can the 2 people that view this site who thought about getting those sets just not so TLG has no sales on those at all? That'd be great.

I liked the look of the Star Scavenger/"hammerhead" ship, but...yeah, I don't need those at the expense of more Lego SW sets based on actual, existing content. If they're gonna do something non-canon, why not tackle something from Legends? A Skipray Blastboat with an official Mara Jade! A Sith Interceptor with Darth Malak, Darth Sion, & a shiny silver KOTOR-era Sith Trooper!

At least TYC gave us a Lego E-wing, basically, with the first Jek-14 set... the second one (which I got at a deep discount) was kind of a neat ship, but felt like a mishmash of Jedi Starfighter & ARC-170 parts, and was mostly attractive for the minifigs & as a parts pack. I have little doubt we'll get some fun figures in these, if not, perhaps, as "multipurpose" as the ones in the 2nd Jek set (the Ithorian Jedi is basically Momaw Nadon from the cantina, the protocol droid's useful for the Sandcrawler or even the Death Star, and the astromech is kind of an R2-B1 stand-in, with tan instead of yellow). And the Eclipse ship will at least be cheaper than the Jek-14 sets, tho I can't say the same about the Star Scavenger.

But I'd rather have a Dagobah Training set, or another Bespin set or two with Lando & Bespin Luke & a new Leia in gown and/or escape jumpsuit and some more Ugnaughts & Wing Guards, and a Cloud Car with 2 pilots & one of the heroes. Lots of other possible sets we could get instead of those from the new show, too...

"Should we make sets based off of popular and canon material from the empire strikes back, that hasn't been made in more than 10 years? Nah, lets make up our own sci-fi ships and slap the star wars name on them. Then we'll make a cheesy kids show to make it sell better."

It makes sense why they would not reveal the sets, but like most people, I don't care about those sets. Oh well, was hoping to see Rex's AT-TE, but alas New York better not let us down.

So we see nothing because they are protecting their own IP on a license where a set is considered non-canon? :hmpf_bad:

While it's non-canon to SW, it's still part of their own IP so they don't want it shown before they're ready... like Nexo Knights (which leaked early of course, but then so did the mockups of the two sets we know about for this new show)

Whereas for me I buy a set that I think looks cool, regardless of how prevalent (or non-existent) it is in the movies etc. If it looks good and has great minifigs that is all I want, I loved the Old Republic & Yoda Chronicles sets (and I know nothing of Old Republic material).

I'll only buy those lego made up ships if it's got some good play ability or design and whether the minifigures are interesting.