Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

The latest System X-Wing was better than the latest UCS, and they coexisted in the shelves.

It's not about whats better, it's about target audience and price. It makes a lot of sense business wise to cater to multiple audiences. UCS is aimed at collectors and AFOL's, system scale is aimed at kids. There is overlap sure but it's not going to affect sales by any significant margin..

Would a new UCS Millennium Falcon not be in competition with the soon to be released TFA Millennium Falcon though? I can't see Lego letting this happen really

No because UCS are directed toward afols and are on the market for longer periods of time. The TFA version will target the overall market which means mainly children.

IF TLG is going to release another ucs falcon, next year would be an opportune time to take advantage of TFA excitement and marketing. Which we have seen features the falcon rather promoinately with the return of Han and Chewie. Something the first ucs did not have, which suffered poor sales from what I understand.

As much as I would like a large cloud city set it's doubtful it will ever happen. Other than the carbon freezing chamber, a set we appear to be getting, there isn't too many rooms that hold a great deal of interest other than the duel. There are many veinettes but none that really that would look good as a set. Plus given we already have the final duel it seems unlikely TLG would release two duels at the same time.

That being said one can not always tell what TLG might do as they like to throw the occasional curve ball at us.

Would a new UCS Millennium Falcon not be in competition with the soon to be released TFA Millennium Falcon though? I can't see Lego letting this happen really

You've got to remember, Lego is a money making business, they're they to make money, and if that means having a UCS at the same time as a system scale set then that's the way it is.

Much as I can see the appeal of a Bespin Cloud City, or Jedi Temple, I can't see it happening for the key reason Darth Punk offers. Limited playability on feature rooms. In Cloud City you have the dining room (Darth, Boba, Han, Chewie, Lando, Leia), the dungeon (broken C3PO and R2), carbon freezing chamber (Uggnauts), . . . um . . . torture chamber?

Okay . . . Jedi Temple. Jedi Council chamber. Jedi Library. Star room. Training room where Anakin slaughtered the young . . . Lots of randomly placed 1x1 red tiles?

No, I think we're going to get a new Millennium Falcon (possibly this EURO500 set that's been mentioned, which I think was around the price point of the original UCS Falcon). I'm not sure it will be another Death Star, at least, not just yet (if ever). I like the idea of a UCS Jedi Interceptor, at the £170 mark probably. But I agree with the point that there are really two tiers of collectors. People like myself who prefer (but are not limited to) UCS sets, and those who's budget, or preference, or skill level, or age, means they prefer the cheaper, smaller (swooshable) sets.

Whatever it is I'm sure that TLG will have done their homework and pitch something that will sell.

Those are some great looking snowtroopers but that snowspeeder looks boring,it's a skip for me.And thanks for the update.

Edited by LOTR34

Thanks for the link! :thumbup: I really like the design of that speeder, even though I don't get why they call it a Snowspeeder instead of a different name :wacko: And I'm glad to see the red pauldron, I was hoping we'd get one after those EW pictures we've seen a couple of days ago :laugh:

No problem guys! Glad I could help! I found while I was looking for Super Hero Pictures and came across this!

Looks way better than I expected. And I really love how they're using the orange pauldron. Really makes it feel so much more connected to the OT.

Not to be that guy, but can we keep 2015 star wars in the 2015 star wars thread? It's not like they're very far away..

Not to be that guy, but can we keep 2015 star wars in the 2015 star wars thread? It's not like they're very far away..

Your not that guy, this thread is for 2016 sets. I'm interested to see what the supposed $500 set is: Yavin IV base, Mos Eisley, Bespin, ATAT, Millennium falcon reboot?

But the main issue to me is WHERE did the rumor originate from? I haven't heard hide nor hair of this anywhere online... but I may have missed something.

Edited by joebiwankenobi

The snowspeeder is on eBay.

This is not a 2016 set and plus everyone is discussing about the entire wave released on that forum

This is not a 2016 set and plus everyone is discussing about the entire wave released on that forum

whoops, forgot it was coming out this year :blush:

Anybody notice these two potential candidates for the vehicle in the First Order battle pack? There's a hasbro action figure vehicle set that has a first order assault walker and another one that has a black "elite" speeder bike with an elite trooper. The elite stormtrooper looks similar to the new elite tie fighter pilot with a red diagonal band across his chest. That could possibly be one of the figs.

Here's a link to the images: http://www.rebelscum...kens_165344.asp

Edited by joebiwankenobi

Anybody notice these two potential candidates for the vehicle in the First Order battle pack? There's a hasbro action figure vehicle set that has a first order assault walker and another one that has a black "elite" speeder bike with an elite trooper. The elite stormtrooper looks similar to the new elite tie fighter pilot with a red diagonal band across his chest. That could possibly be one of the figs.

Interesting. The walker looks like a ramped up AT-RT, which isn't bad, but also isn't necessarily good. The speeder and the elite trooper look nice, and would make a fun battle pack.

Interesting. The walker looks like a ramped up AT-RT, which isn't bad, but also isn't necessarily good. The speeder and the elite trooper look nice, and would make a fun battle pack.

Now that you mention it, it does look like they rehashed the AT-RT design but made it smaller. The box art makes it look like it sprints through the battlefield which I assume would make it an "assault walker" ?

Aha! Just read the description on the back of the box and they do indeed sprint to hunt people apparently. I like the lethality. :laugh:

Edited by joebiwankenobi

Interesting.The walker reminds me for the 75002 AT-RT from 2013,and the speeder bike also remind me for 74-Z speeder bike from ROTJ.

Hope these vehicles mentioned in the pictures will released as battle packs or a part in a big set next year.But more important,I need TFA minifigures missing from Wave 1 like R2-D2,C-3P0,Leia,Luke Skywalker,and Snoke.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

Those vehicles look pretty much identical to the AT-RT and 74-Z, just with different colours and extra guns. It makes me think Hasbro just invented them instead of taking them from the movie.

That said, I wouldn't be against the inclusion of one in a battle pack...

Interesting.The walker reminds me for the At-Rt set from 2013,and the speeder bike also remind me for 74-Z speeder bike from ROTJ.

Hope these vehicles mentioned in the pictures will released as battle packs or a part in a big set next year.But more important,I need TFA minifigures missing from Wave 1 like R2-D2,C-3P0,Leia,Luke Skywalker,and Snoke.

C-3PO is supposed to be coming in a polybag later this year. :classic:

Are those little vehicles flying toward the star destroyer the captain phasma shuttle thing?