Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

The minifigure selection will make or break the Turbo Tank for me. The biggest problem with a ROTS version is that the Battle of Kashyyyk has been so well covered in recent years that there isn't anything left to offer aside from a new Luminara Unduli. At the very least three Jedi characters should be reasonable like the last release - preferably some combination of Luminara, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla Secura or Shaak Ti.

Even in the new canon, Quinlan Vos was a participant of the battle. So they could include Luminara and Vos plus a number of Clones and Wookies. Sounds about right to me.

I personally would not mind a TCW version or a setting other than Kashyyyk (Felucia with Secura and Bly e.g.).

So to sum up everything what we know:

First Order General

Would that be General Hux (perhaps in new attire, without cap and cloak)? Or another high ranking FO officer like Colonel Datoo?

What? We'll getting another X-Wing? I want my money for buying Poe's X-Wing back!

Ha, just kidding.

However, I hope that TLG get the split wing design on the X-Wing correct this time. And also the cockpit canopy issue cannot be repeated once again with the new one.

Fairly sure the full list will be revealed tomorrow by some wonderful people.

I'll comment on all the sets when the list is revealed but, from what we know so far it sounds promising and definitely are a lot of sets!.

Nice! Here's to some more affordable sets in 2016!

With the trend of Episode 7 sets, affordable seems very unlikely. :cry_sad:

It looks like we're getting Lor San Tekka from what I'm hearing, he must be in the x wing fighter

That's good news, although I guess I will BrickLink him since I don't collect ships.

Encounter on jakku is a cheap set with BB8, so Teedo is likely in that set.

Very nice, although that likely means the luggabeast will be brick-built. I'd prefer something like the dewback.

On an interesting note, the 12 normal sets for the summer line that were revealed by set numbers doesn't include the A-wing, Podracer, and this apparent snowspeeder. All being from 75143-75145. So are these sets this apparent 'Spring' wave or are added to the summer. Definitely interesting...

Then on top of that I see many rumours on quite a few different UCS sets. All seems rather intriguing.

Edited by ArrowBricks

Then on top of that I see many rumours on quite a few different UCS sets. All seems rather intriguing.

The only confirmed ones are:

75159 The Death Star

75144 Snowspeeder

75098 Assault on Hoth

Thanks very much for these information :classic:

A little question, will the Turbo Tank be a normal large set like 75106 OR an exclusive set like 75058?

The scaled-down MTT is rather disappointing.

A little question, will the Turbo Tank be a normal large set like 75106 OR an exclusive set like 75058?

I doubt anyone knows that as of right now except the designer at Lego who possibly works on the thing.

It might be possible that they go down with it in scale as with the MTT, but I kinda doubt it. I mean the MTT stills works in the newest version, the design is very true to the original.

I just dont see the same possibility for the Turbo Tank since its way more massive and supposed to be the big troop transporter/attack vehicle.

Also the last one increased in part count over the first version. My guess would be maybe around 1500 parts. Might even become the biggest set of the wave (ucs excluded).

Unless they scale down the wheels too I don't think it'll get small as the MTT

First Order General polybag is...

Hux!

From The Brick Fan

Althrough I prefer to have a exculsive minifigure in polybags like the Admiral Yularen polybag, but it's nice to have more way to get a Hux minifigure rather than use Bricklink or buying 75104. :thumbup:

It's missing the sideburns, so I don't think it's Hux. Other First Order guys are seen wearing outfits similar to Hux's during the rally scene at Starkiller Base so I think it's probably one of them. The face looks to be a generic one.

Well that's disappointing, a generic First Order Officer... I just hope we get a polybag of a character like Sidom Ithano or Constable Zuvio some time soon

Well that's disappointing, a generic First Order Officer... I just hope we get a polybag of a character like Sidom Ithano or Constable Zuvio some time soon

Considering Zuvio was completely cut from the film, it's extremely unlikely we'll get him at all. Sidon Ithano would be fantastic, though.

Probably a no, but do any of you actual insiders know if we're getting Phasma in a smaller set? I don't feel like dishing out $90 for a meh set.

Considering Zuvio was completely cut from the film, it's extremely unlikely we'll get him at all. Sidon Ithano would be fantastic, though.

I think we'll get Zuvio eventually! Lego tends to release obscure characters from time to time.

Obscure? Yes.

Non-existent? Not really. Hasbro is a lot better at releasing figures of characters that aren't in the movies.

Definitely shaping up for another nice year for LEGO SW. Well, I think so. I'm sure the peanut gallery will make itself heard. :tongue:

Looking forward to the podracer, I wasn't particularly a fan of the last version. I just tend to think Lego can do it a bit better.

Other than Anakin I'm hoping for Shmi (I'm doubting this), Padme or C3PO. C3PO is a bit more important to me, that's been a variation we've been lacking for a while. Plus I think a Ep1 design for him did appear in Droid Tales.

There's obscure... and then there's too obscure. I tend to like the background characters that are actually noticable on screen and catch your attention despite their limited screentime. Aurra Sing, Max Rebo, Sidon Ithano, the ESB Bounty Hunters, Salacious Crumb, the Jedi Council, the Bith Band, Ree-Yees etc - those are the type of characters I enjoy seeing get made.

For others like Constable Zuvio and Airen Cracken I often wonder whats the point. If they can't even be seen anywhere in the films are they really worth releasing in a set?