Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Alright, so 3 summer sets confirmed!

751?? Encounter on Jakku

75145 Anakin's Podracer

751?? Resistance X-Wing Fighter

Does that mean the two other sets will be rebels sets? Judging from rumours of the A-Wing, and Ahsoka and the two Inquisitors.

Anywho, thanks for the info CM4Sci!

Alright, so 3 summer sets confirmed!

751?? Encounter on Jakku

75145 Anakin's Podracer

751?? Resistance X-Wing Fighter

+ new Turbo Tank as I said before. :)

Just remember these things don't always make sense. Particularly in spaceships.

Celebration Leia in a Y wing,

Solo in an A wing!

Airen Cracken in a B wing.

Don't forget Palpatine in the tri-fighter and bossk in the slave 1

Well that's good. I'm assuming it's the exact same build, but with the appropriate colors. Hope it's $10 less than the last one.

I'm not trying to crap on your parade but man I sure hope Lego fixes that terrible engine connection on the x-wing. I cringe every time I swoosh Poe's x-wing and the engines shake like a bowl-full of jello.

I can't give my head for this, but I heard it from a legitimate source. :)

Alright, that's good enough for me. There's got to be the one desirable minifigure of that set, I wonder who that'll be.

A new Clone Turbo Tank? Wow havent heard that rumor yet.

Gets me all excited since the last one sadly was Clone Wars Version and the newer might be in style of the movie version again :excited:

And here I thought I have heard that new Prequel Sets were pretty unlikely due to the higher focus on Force Awakens and Original Trilogy Sets.

BTW, what about the UCS Sets? (Hoth, Deathstar, Snowspeeder)? Not likely to appear as part of the Summer Wave?

Hmm, for what it's worth, Poe's X-Wing isn't in the January LEGO catalogue. I don't know if that means much (all prequel and original trilogy sets are also missing), but it's a bit strange how it's the only Force Awakens set not in there. Maybe, since the set has sold so many copies already, LEGO plans on just letting it sell out early. Then the set will get sort of a soft remake with this new color scheme and different figure selection.

Well here is the 2016 summer rumor list finallly. Enjoy it. Many Bothan spies died for this information.

Well here is the 2016 summer rumor list finallly. Enjoy it. Many Bothan spies died for this information.

12 sets? The other 6 are most likely constraction figures.

Edited by amazingbricks

The bothan spies died too fast :D

Perhaps one can come back and train others with their knowledge :wink:

12 sets, wow. Maybe 4 of those are battlepacks?

Edited by CM4Sci

Some of those ought to be Rogue One sets I assume :wink: I wonder what weird codename they come up with this time :laugh:

Last time it was "Wolf". So I'm guessing Cody, Rex, Fox? :grin:

The minifigure selection will make or break the Turbo Tank for me. The biggest problem with a ROTS version is that the Battle of Kashyyyk has been so well covered in recent years that there isn't anything left to offer aside from a new Luminara Unduli. At the very least three Jedi characters should be reasonable like the last release - preferably some combination of Luminara, Ki-Adi-Mundi, Aayla Secura or Shaak Ti.

So to sum up everything what we know:

Polybag sets: Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, First Order General, Stormtrooper Finn

Normal sets: Encounter on Jakku, Resistance X-Wing, Anakin's Podracer, Turbo Tank, A-Wing?

UCS sets: Assault on Hoth, Death Star, Snowspeeder, Millennium Falcon (are we sure on this one?)

+ sets numbers:

Maybe 4 of those are battlepacks?

Nah, that'd probably be too much :grin: Having four new battlepacks each year is enough I think, especially when considering retailer shelf space. Last year's battlepacks are pretty much still readily available, so they won't sabotage themselves by adding yet another batch of battlepacks :wink:

So to sum up everything what we know:

Polybag sets: Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, First Order General, Stormtrooper Finn

Normal sets: Encounter on Jakku, Resistance X-Wing, Anakin's Podracer, Turbo Tank, A-Wing?

UCS sets: Assault on Hoth, Death Star, Snowspeeder, Millennium Falcon (are we sure on this one?)

+ sets numbers:

I don't think another Millennium Falcon is coming anytime soon.

I think the A-Wing is a Walmart exclusive from what I remember, and Anakin's Podracer is a Target one too.