Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

204-00-1469

Turns out Takodana is still $50. So it's all good :)

Thanks a bunch for the DPCI. It seems as though my local Target simply cannot find items without it.

Hopefully it'll start appearing in stores, soon. A much needed set after seeing the film.

Well, Kylo's face on the minifigure does look silly, but then again, he does in the movie too. Maz looks quite accurate, although I'm disappointed in the lack of an interior to her castle. Having seen the movie now, I guess the only real reason for the snowspeeder set was to have a set with the snowtroopers. All the sets look very accurate with the exception of the wings of Kylo's shuttle.

After this next wave, pretty much everything from the movie will have a set, except for the Finalizer Star Destroyer (which seems like a likely candidate), Jakku (as right now Rey's speeder is all we have),

Han's other ship (although we barely see it, and scale would be hard, so we probably will never get it), the rebel resistance base (and the non-Poe X-wings),

and the Starkiller base (which would be large, but a small section with just the important parts would be enough).

I have to say, the Imperial battle pack has a poor choice of figures. Yes, it has an assortment, but of useless, ubiquitous figures. There are too many crewmen and officers as it is, so why add on more? Yes, it's nice for people who can't afford the larger sets, but that doesn't mean there need to be two in this set. I would have preferred at the very least 2 normal stormtroopers, 1 heavy stormtrooper, and 1 ubiquitous figure. At least that way you'd get slightly more bang for buck. That said, I'll still buy several of these, but my ratio of troops to officers will diminish quickly.

I'm still curious about the First Order General polybag. The only person I can remember as one is Hux, but he appears in a set already. I'm hoping for the Supreme Leader, although he's never referred to as a general.

Edited by DarthHank

Now that pictures of the January wave are going up on the lego.com site, have we basically lost hope of there being any more sets we haven't seen but were originally rumoured, apart from UCS?

Maybe the FO General is

Hux with hairpiece instead of hat

Doubt that's really a spoiler, but you can't be too careful these days!

Edited by Seaber

Well, Kylo's face on the minifigure does look silly, but then again, he does in the movie too. Maz looks quite accurate, although I'm disappointed in the lack of an interior to her castle. Having seen the movie now, I guess the only real reason for the snowspeeder set was to have a set with the snowtroopers. All the sets look very accurate with the exception of the wings of Kylo's shuttle.

After this next wave, pretty much everything from the movie will have a set, except for the Finalizer Star Destroyer (which seems like a likely candidate), Jakku (as right now Rey's speeder is all we have),

Han's other ship (although we barely see it, and scale would be hard, so we probably will never get it), the rebel resistance base (and the non-Poe X-wings),

and the Starkiller base (which would be large, but a small section with just the important parts would be enough).

I have to say, the Imperial battle pack has a poor choice of figures. Yes, it has an assortment, but of useless, ubiquitous figures. There are too many crewmen and officers as it is, so why add on more? Yes, it's nice for people who can't afford the larger sets, but that doesn't mean there need to be two in this set. I would have preferred at the very least 2 normal stormtroopers, 1 heavy stormtrooper, and 1 ubiquitous figure. At least that way you'd get slightly more bang for buck. That said, I'll still buy several of these, but my ratio of troops to officers will diminish quickly.

I'm still curious about the First Order General polybag. The only person I can remember as one is Hux, but he appears in a set already. I'm hoping for the Supreme Leader, although he's never referred to as a general.

There were more guys like Hux stood behind him on the podium, I reckon we will get one of these.

Maybe the "FO General" is Datoo (the one with the dark blue uniform)? Technically, he's just a Colonel, but still... :tongue: If it was Hux, they'd call him that :wink:

Has there been any mention of the release date for the UCS snow speeder and Deathstar? We know the Hoth base is May release and the Falcon will be 2016 I presume....

Has there been any mention of the release date for the UCS snow speeder and Deathstar? We know the Hoth base is May release and the Falcon will be 2016 I presume....

Another UCS Falcon next year? Based on what information? I mean that rumour exists now for several years already and nothing has happened since.

A Re-Release would seem completely stupid since the old design is just bad in many aspects (Not even a real canopy for example), if they make a new one it would probably be updated.

Another UCS Falcon next year? Based on what information? I mean that rumour exists now for several years already and nothing has happened since.

A Re-Release would seem completely stupid since the old design is just bad in many aspects (Not even a real canopy for example), if they make a new one it would probably be updated.

It's been seen in Person as has the Snowspeeder.

g6AkSqq.png

I screencapped the above images from the brickshow video review. It's the first look I've seen at Kylo's alt face. I've got to say I'm not a fan of of either, the mouths are a bit cartooney.

Although I think both faces are accurate, the closed mouth is great, but the bared teeth face does look a little silly, still can't work out why the black line (representing the split between upper and lower teeth) flicks up at the end, makes no sense!

What're the chances we'll ever get the... (I've only seen the movie once, going again with the family in a few hours) Quad-Jumper ship (Rey's first choice) in a Jakku set ever?

Maybe the FO General is

Hux with hairpiece instead of hat

Doubt that's really a spoiler, but you can't be too careful these days!

I hope not, maybe somewhere down the line we can have this variant, but when there is at least one other option I hope we get that.

Maybe the "FO General" is Datoo (the one with the dark blue uniform)? Technically, he's just a Colonel, but still... :tongue: If it was Hux, they'd call him that :wink:

I'd love this, a dark blue variation would look amazing!

A NEW USC FALCON? Seriously? you've made my year!

Yes! Edited by Brickr

Wow, info from Cavegod is almost as reliable as info from Lego!

That said, Hoth Base, snowspeeder, Death Star and Falcon - who's mistaken about what? You sound like the person who knows.

This is great news! Is the Falcon OT or does it have a rectangular dish?

2016 is shaping up to be an expensive year for new sets...

Not even a real canopy for example

The studio model didn't have one either - just frames :)

Resistance Trooper Battle Pack.

Nice little build, but the stud weapons have to go!

PC210225_zpsmsjfcore.jpg

PC210226_zps8xq71he0.jpg

Rebel Alliance Battle Pack.

Whay cooler to build, and the minifigures are much much better. More value for the money!

PC210227_zpsdzwvu2ig.jpg

PC210228_zpscgnicopl.jpg

Looks much much better with the normal weapons!

PC210230_zpsh8dm0fub.jpg

Edited by patrick40

Well, that's quite the bombshell to come completely out of nowhere.

I don't know where I'm going to find the space to put all these sets.

An interesting speculation to me is that the Death Star that will come out 2016 is actually going to be Starkiller Base (And the name "Death Star" is just a placeholder).

Would make more sense to me since the Starkiller Base is now in the focus of the attention and we already have a version for both the first and second Death Star.

Interesting bit of information you gave there cavegod.

I mean in my opinion its long over due that they actually deliver a 2nd version of the UCS Falcon (especially since its such a wanted set and the the prices for the first one developed into absolute ridiculous terretories), its just tends to be unreliable when rumour announces it almost every year.

I don't think they would have retired the current DS just to replace it with a base that may or may not become very popular. Let's face it, Starkiller base is never going to have the allure of the original DS.

4 UCS sets in a year sounds doubtful, but I'm very happy if that's the case. I think I can pass on the Hoth one, but the other 3 would be immediate buys (assuming they look good!).

In the very short time I've been a member, I've seen something very similar to the following happen:

1: Someone says: "a new UCS MF would be awesome"

2:Followed by 10 posts that it would be awesome indeed.

3:Then someone on another forum posts: "Hey, over on EB there is talk of a UCS MF".

4:Then this very info comes back here as"multiple sources are speaking about a new UCS MF".

And voilà....we have our newest bombshell set rumor...

Edited by Dameronian

In the very short time I've been a member, I've seen something very similar to the following happen:

1: Someone says: "a new UCS MF would be awesome"

2:Followed by 10 posts that it would be awesome indeed.

3:Then someone on another forum posts: "Hey, over on EB there is talk of a UCS MF".

4:Then this very info comes back here as"multiple sources are speaking about a new UCS MF".

And voilà....we have our newest bombshell set rumor...

However, as a newcomer, you may not know that any information from Cavegod can almost be considered written in stone.

I don't think they would have retired the current DS just to replace it with a base that may or may not become very popular. Let's face it, Starkiller base is never going to have the allure of the original DS.

I agree, Starkiller is cool, but it really lacks all of the exciting and awesome scenes that the Death Star had across several movies. In fact outside of one scene in the movie I don't think there's much to the Starkiller base. Perhaps more will happen with it in later movies, but for now a basic playset would give us everything notable that occurred there in this movie.

I would much prefer an updated Death Star. With all the new elements and building techniques in the last few years they could really overhaul the DS. Plus there's many of those minifigures that could use an update. Ep4 Leia definitely needs an update. In her last ep4 appearance she was still using the same torso she used in her first appearance. And that torso just looks bad next to any of the other redesigns we've gotten. Plus we need C3PO with a dual molded leg.

Edited by strangely

Wow a lot of really good news! I´m really excited to get more information or better see some pictures. Especially for a new MF! :laugh:

Last year in January the Slave I was released. Is there any opportunity to see an UCS release at January 2016?

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP