Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

9 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

Thanks for the comparison pics, I have the new AT-ST but not the AT-DP, they seem to be about scale. Btw, the whole top of the AT-ST is back a stud further than it's supposed to be. It looked a little odd to me until I got down to the profile image of the old and new AT-ST and then it became abundantly clear.

Yea, I already fixed it, but took the pictures before that haha. Thanks anyway :) 

I did some math, and the current AT-ST is definitely too tall. A minifig scale AT-ST should be roughly 7 inches tall.

Bought the AT-ST, Tie Striker and Hovertank today, they arrive tomorrow :P Cant wait to build them. As for the other rogue one sets not really sure on those, might buy the U-wing in the future, probably gonna skip krennics shuttle because I dont really like the design and interior. Anyone else got the same feelings on Krennics shuttle? Maybe need to see it in person before i can decide x-)

2 hours ago, tom20arc said:

Bought the AT-ST, Tie Striker and Hovertank today, they arrive tomorrow :P Cant wait to build them. As for the other rogue one sets not really sure on those, might buy the U-wing in the future, probably gonna skip krennics shuttle because I dont really like the design and interior. Anyone else got the same feelings on Krennics shuttle? Maybe need to see it in person before i can decide x-)

I really like the minifig selection in the Krennics shuttle set so depends. I'm still on the fence until after I watch the movie. The only sets I got so far in this set is two AT-STs and the hovertank. The piece count for the price was worth it. I'm on a budget concerning Lego sets though.

11 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Thanks for the comparison pics, I have the new AT-ST but not the AT-DP, they seem to be about scale. Btw, the whole top of the AT-ST is back a stud further than it's supposed to be. It looked a little odd to me until I got down to the profile image of the old and new AT-ST and then it became abundantly clear.

Hi. Please don't quote a bunch of images in your reply. You can remove the images from your post when replying.

Thanks.

17 hours ago, jhaelego said:

I did some math, and the current AT-ST is definitely too tall. A minifig scale AT-ST should be roughly 7 inches tall.

By head or full body hight? Ive seen some people use full body And it normally makes the object too big, But due to horrible proportions lego have it seems like lego only uses the head to get the scale (like Rey's speeder)

23 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

Yea, I already fixed it, but took the pictures before that haha. Thanks anyway :) 

Ah good! :classic:

Although the AT-ST is maybe bigger than minifig scale, I think it's a good size. It at least fits all the other vastly over-sized Star Wars vehicles over the past several years. The TIE Striker, while an excellent model, is massive, way waaay too big. They could have made a great looking minifig-scale Striker for half the price and it would have been perfectly fine. It's just a modern LEGO trend that makes them more money but it makes it much harder to collect more sets, instead I have to choose maybe just 2 or 3 a year if I want sets from other themes(which I always do).

13 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

By head or full body hight? Ive seen some people use full body And it normally makes the object too big, But due to horrible proportions lego have it seems like lego only uses the head to get the scale (like Rey's speeder)

The full height. I think the body is roughly the correct size, but it is definitely way too tall.

12 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Has anyone tried modifying the legs to be shorter?

Of the AT-ST? If someone was to make it two studs shorter I think they'd really need to look at the whole construction of them to take then down to single brick width otherwise they're going to look very chunky indeed.

On 10/10/2016 at 6:09 PM, tom20arc said:

probably gonna skip krennics shuttle because I dont really like the design and interior. Anyone else got the same feelings on Krennics shuttle? Maybe need to see it in person before i can decide x-)

I just finished building Krennic's shuttle today, and I like it much more than I thought. The minifigures are as great, and it looks quite impressive when done. I don't care much for the undersides of the wings, but otherwise the outside is great (that seems to be a problem with all of the shuttles, though). I agree, the inside could use work, but the exterior has really grown on me.

On 10/10/2016 at 11:09 PM, tom20arc said:

I think seeing sets in person can make you feel very differently about them. I was never really tempted to pick up a Death Star but I always knew I was probably going to pick it up once the revised version was announced with the new figs. Once I saw it displayed I was very impressed and I can see why people had said they didn't have any buyer's remorse from picking it up. Now I've built mine I'm even more impressed by it. Go and look at the sets if you can and you'll know immediately which ones you should pick up.

Made some simple color changes to the U-wing. It's an impressive model in my opinion, but I just wasn't too fond of the bright blue and yellow.

30171542362_fa55a442b5_z.jpg

1 hour ago, bountybossk said:

Made some simple color changes to the U-wing. It's an impressive model in my opinion, but I just wasn't too fond of the bright blue and yellow.

Personally I really like your change to Sand Blue and Dark Tan.

Well, the changes weren't meant to be accurate, but rather just personal taste. Maybe we get an even better look of the U-wing in today's new trailer!

On 10/10/2016 at 4:28 PM, jhaelego said:

Yeah I was worried about this scaling issue. Because the Rebels era walker is super tall, I wanted this AT-ST to be able to pose with the walker from Endor Bunker 8038 which I feel is a great size/scale. Knee deep in walkers over here... 75153 might be "minifigures only" for me.

8 minutes ago, darththeling said:

Yeah I was worried about this scaling issue. Because the Rebels era walker is super tall, I wanted this AT-ST to be able to pose with the walker from Endor Bunker 8038 which I feel is a great size/scale. Knee deep in walkers over here... 75153 might be "minifigures only" for me.

Don't give up yet. Check out the AT-ST modification thread and you'll see how with tweaking this model is fantastic. Height is an issue, that some of us are working on solutions for, but what it trades in height it makes up for with form.  

On 10/10/2016 at 2:28 PM, jhaelego said:

mnnnn actually it should be  about 19 cm (closer to 8 inches) since the ATST measures 8.6 meters on standby (as with every step it takes the legs extend a bit )as depicted in various source materials and the updated canon guides. minifig scale goes on about 47:1 http://tomalphin.com/2013/11/lego-challenge-19-calculating-minifig-scale.html so about 18,3 cm give or take 1 cm. i have not build mine yet but yeah from what i see it should be 3 studs shorter, but i think the problem is neither the size of the legs or head but the hips not being hinged in any of the LEGO models to date, there is a section that connects the "thighs" to the main hip section that always get overlooked, only certain MOCs seem to include it even.

still is a great set and a great starting point for any modifications

4 hours ago, scorchfire said:

mnnnn actually it should be  about 19 cm (closer to 8 inches) since the ATST measures 8.6 meters on standby (as with every step it takes the legs extend a bit )as depicted in various source materials and the updated canon guides. minifig scale goes on about 47:1 http://tomalphin.com/2013/11/lego-challenge-19-calculating-minifig-scale.html so about 18,3 cm give or take 1 cm. i have not build mine yet but yeah from what i see it should be 3 studs shorter, but i think the problem is neither the size of the legs or head but the hips not being hinged in any of the LEGO models to date, there is a section that connects the "thighs" to the main hip section that always get overlooked, only certain MOCs seem to include it even.

still is a great set and a great starting point for any modifications

I scaled the minifigure to a 6 foot person and got that it should be at 7 inches. A minifig is 1.5 inches, the walker is 338.53 inches. I don't think the walker should be much taller than that, even if you scale it to different heights.

DOes any one have the Awing pilot minifig? people are saying it releases at tru soon I'm wondering if any one can snap a photo of the barcode for me, They normally have no idea what anything starwars is so them checking sock with the barcode helps.