Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

6 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I've built three sets today: Hovertank, AT-ST and Tie Striker.

I gotta say that the strongest set for your bucks is the Hovertank: it's really cheap, the mini-figs are extremly solid and the build is very nice!

I just finished building mine, and I'm quite fond of the build and minifigures.  I didn't think I was going to like this one as much as I do.

I just bought the U-Wing and I wanted to share that the Bistan minifigure is amazing! I wasn't sold on him based on the pictures, but having him in person I have to say he looks really good!

Every ounce of my fingers hurts but the U-Wing and Krennic's shuttle are completed!

The shuttle is an amazing set, the build is very complex and fun, except for the smaller dorsal black wing which is a 1x1 x1\3 nightmare. The interior is amazing and can house many mini-figs, the landing skits are solid, the under belly bridge is very well integrated and nothing breaks off easily. Gonna have to find a way to display this with half trans cylinders, that thing is huge when in flight mode. 

The U-Wing...I wish the cargo was more accesible: currently the best way to store figs in there is to toss them, otherwise putting them one by one is not easy and frustrating, and I don,t have big hands. I think it's the only aspect I really dislike about the ship but nothing makes it really special in my eyes. About the weakest set in the wave, but doesn't mean it's bad. 

I won't rant again on the mini-figs disparity problem, but I think Lego did a great job on them, except maybe for Rook, that guy needed some arm side prints but I'm nitpicking here. On the imperial side the best fig has to go to the Death Trooper, their helmet is ridiculously well rendered and on the Rebel side a tie between Chirrut and Pao, I love that guy's screaming face!

Well for start you have to pull the wings of the ship back, other wise they make it even harder to reach the cargo area.

Looking at the Coruscant police gunship I'd say it's harder to put figs on the u-wing. I really like the look of the thing, especially if you own all of the RO rebels figs beside it debarking and charging: this is really good on display.

21 hours ago, pittpenguin123 said:

I've seen a few over complicated mods to fit two pilots in it but I've figured out a way to do it with just the spares. I can take pics if any body wants me too

It doesn't need to be complicated as long as it works and looks good so go ahead and share :)

Got the U-Wing and Krennics shuttle last week and finished building them yesterday.

I often criticise Lego*, but **** they really hit a home run this time. Fantastic sets, awesome minifig selection. Both straight A+ sets! Very well done Lego!

*(C&D mails, no Bespin sets, Insult on Hoth etc)

1 hour ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Got the U-Wing and Krennics shuttle last week and finished building them yesterday.

I often criticise Lego*, but **** they really hit a home run this time. Fantastic sets, awesome minifig selection. Both straight A+ sets! Very well done Lego!

Looking forward to building mine, they look awesome, but I want to complete purchasing the wave and then wait for that perfect rainy weekend!

As someone who thought the AT-ST (75153) would be 'the same' in height/width as the one you get in the Battle of Endor set, it's even a better set than I first thought. 

I made some comparison pictures with the BoE AT-ST and the AT-DP.

Comparison AT-ST.

Comparison AT-ST.

Comparison AT-ST.

8 hours ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

*(C&D mails, no Bespin sets, Insult on Hoth etc)

Judging by it they had a lot of their best people working on these for a long time, that would explain the atrocious 2016 line-up. 

7 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Judging by it they had a lot of their best people working on these for a long time, that would explain the atrocious 2016 line-up. 

I wouldn't be surprised if they had their best people focused on RO sets. The film sets probably need to meet a certain quality or expectation since they tie in directly with Disney's marketing. I would imagine TLG has more free range for the other sets that aren't tie ins.   

It's far too early to indicate a trend but i'm curious if what we'll see from now on is high quality film tie in sets and average to meh quality for the rest of the waves?

The 2016 winter wave wasn't that bad, but the summer wave, oh boy. Huge part of it has to go to source material, the Free Maker sets were not interesting ( the best part was dengar and his 15 pieces hover bike ) and Rex's AT-TE ( only shows up in one episode and gets blown up ) or design choices ( dwarf size turbo tank, color swap x-wing, ).

Just remember TFA, it wasn't that great of a wave and maybe they decided to put focus on movie releases as you mentionned. 

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

Rex's AT-TE ( only shows up in one episode and gets blown up )

Two episodes :wink:

(I fully agree with the rest btw. The color sap X-Wing is still a mystery to me. Why release 2 similar sets within +-9 months)

20 minutes ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Two episodes :wink:

(I fully agree with the rest btw. The color sap X-Wing is still a mystery to me. Why release 2 similar sets within +-9 months)

Some people army building and an army has more then 1 x-wing.

I adore the black and orange Poe version but it is a personal fighter,not a random one. Even i bought a grey blue one to have more then one  :)

As i also bought 3 A-wing's to have a squad of then. It's easier as they take less space for 3 then 1 X wing :D

Edited by firefox

9 minutes ago, firefox said:

Some people army building and an army has more then 1 x-wing.

I adore the black and orange Poe version but it is a personal fighter,not a random one. Even i bought a grey blue one to have more then one  :)

As i also bought 3 A-wing's to have a squad of then. It's easier as they take less space for 3 then 1 X wing :D

O, I understand that, but I still think it's 'weird' they're available at the same time. In most other cases vehicles/ships get replaced with a newer version.

Take the new A-Wing....or the Falcon. Correct me if I'm wrong, but the only difference is the color?

But like you said: it is great for army builders :)

My only issues with Krennic's shuttle are that, with the director himself in the cockpit, I can't get it to close properly. Anyone else? That dorsal tail fin was a pain in the neck, too.

Brilliant set with excellent minifigures, otherwise.

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before... But the Scarif Stormtroopers (Imperial Shoretroopers) ranks have been revealed.

You can see them - along with some other possible spoilers from makingstarwars.net's Highlights from the Hasbro Panel at NYCC! article.

So, it looks like the one included in 75154 - TIE Striker is most likely a Scarif Stormtrooper Captain...

BB-8 Was a common droid unit at the time. For all we know Poe might have only meant his personality was one of the kind not the pintjob 

23 hours ago, Kevii23 said:

As someone who thought the AT-ST (75153) would be 'the same' in height/width as the one you get in the Battle of Endor set, it's even a better set than I first thought. 

(...)

(...)

These are exactly the pics I was looking for today. I was wondering how the 8038 AT-ST would look next to the 75153 AT-ST. I always reckoned that the 8038 was about as good an AT-ST as we could get from Lego, and to be honest, I'm still not sure about the size / scale of the newer AT-ST. It seems a little too large to me. Still, I like the details and the top hatch is much better. 

Edited by Alldarker

56 minutes ago, lomis said:

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this before... But the Scarif Stormtroopers (Imperial Shoretroopers) ranks have been revealed.

You can see them - along with some other possible spoilers from makingstarwars.net's Highlights from the Hasbro Panel at NYCC! article.

So, it looks like the one included in 75154 - TIE Striker is most likely a Scarif Stormtrooper Captain...

It seems like it! Dang they really needed some side prints for the insignia arm...

Hopefully the 2 guys included in the bunker set are different. 

7 hours ago, Panthro said:

My only issues with Krennic's shuttle are that, with the director himself in the cockpit, I can't get it to close properly. Anyone else? That dorsal tail fin was a pain in the neck, too.

Brilliant set with excellent minifigures, otherwise.

Nope, fits and closes perfectly.

On 9-10-2016 at 4:47 PM, Kevii23 said:

Thanks for the comparison pics, I have the new AT-ST but not the AT-DP, they seem to be about scale. Btw, the whole top of the AT-ST is back a stud further than it's supposed to be. It looked a little odd to me until I got down to the profile image of the old and new AT-ST and then it became abundantly clear.

Edited by Jim
Removed images

I haven't had my Endor AT-ST built in a while but I was surprised to see how much bigger the new one is next to it. 

The legs looks so chunky in comparison on that pic but in isolation it looks fine.

Edited by Robianco