Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

2 hours ago, benderisgreat said:

It is, torso print on her minifigure is the same as her movie costume.

In that case, they definitely should have included the strap on her leg.

The whole wave is now back order in the UK! Jesus christ guys...

Edited by RetroInferno

23 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Wow! None of it is on backorder in the USA

44 minutes ago, joeyl19 said:

Wow! None of it is on backorder in the USA

Not true, the AT-ST is on backorder. 

Planning on hitting up the Lego Store today to buy the complete RO line, hope they have all the sets still in stock.

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

The wave is now on Amazon all in stock. For now...

2 hours ago, ISDAvenger said:

Planning on hitting up the Lego Store today to buy the complete RO line, hope they have all the sets still in stock.

Oh sorry, forgot about that :laugh: didn't mean to cause any confusion if I did. 

4 hours ago, ISDAvenger said:

Wow. It's amazing how people are crazy about these sets, when nobody has watched the movie!

3 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

Probably because the wave as a whole seems rather good?

Yeah, hopefully Lego will take note... Release good and accurate sets, and people will buy them in drones. :classic:

Plus, how long have we been waiting for a decent AT-ST? Ignoring the Rogue 1 hype, that'd fit perfectly into any Endor or Hoth scene. That's why I bought 3 :)

7 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Yeah, hopefully Lego will take note... Release good and accurate sets, and people will buy them in drones. :classic:

That's the thing you see, there is no way of knowing whether or not these sets are actually accurate...(Except for the AT-ST maybe) and still, everyone is going crazy for them. 

Ah the power of the Brand is strong with this one.

23 minutes ago, brobert said:

That's the thing you see, there is no way of knowing whether or not these sets are actually accurate...

That's not really true... all of the vehicles have appeared in trailers and other promotional material, even Krennic's Shuttle. Based on what we've seen so far, I'd say the sets are extremely accurate, which is more than one could say for the first TFA wave. Regardless, the sets themselves are great and I don't think it particularly matters if the movie is out yet.

3 minutes ago, Nokturn said:

That's not really true... all of the vehicles have appeared in trailers and other promotional material, even Krennic's Shuttle. Based on what we've seen so far, I'd say the sets are extremely accurate, which is more than one could say for the first TFA wave. Regardless, the sets themselves are great and I don't think it particularly matters if the movie is out yet.

As we've seen in the TFA toys as well (granted, not necessarily in LEGO, but it might well be the case there too), they've released toys based on characters who didn't even make the final cut.

But yeah that might just be me, I'm buying sets based on things in the movies that I liked, not the other way around.

20 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Glad I grabbed a Krennic Shuttle first thing on Friday, now. 

6 hours ago, brobert said:

That's the thing you see, there is no way of knowing whether or not these sets are actually accurate...(Except for the AT-ST maybe) and still, everyone is going crazy for them. 

Ah the power of the Brand is strong with this one.

That's funny because the AT-ST is the only vehicle that did not appear in any Rogue One adds or promo material for the movie, even though it's a classic vehicle. 

All the other vehicles have been showcased with no features missing and all colors seem accurate. 

5 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

That's funny because the AT-ST is the only vehicle that did not appear in any Rogue One adds or promo material for the movie, even though it's a classic vehicle. 

All the other vehicles have been showcased with no features missing and all colors seem accurate. 

Yes, but we already know exactly what that looks like and what it does. Yes, you're right, the majority of the new vehicles we've seen in the trailers, leaked imaged and so on. Except for the tank I think. (or at least I only ever saw it in the trailers for those few seconds but there's an off-chance I've missed something.) 

But yeah, like I said, it might just be me, I don't buy new stuff without seeing the movie to decide if I really like the original enough. I haven't bought any TFA sets either until I saw the movie, but actually not much after that either.

However I admit that so far e.g. in comparison with the TFA sets, this wave seems to be much more accurate and all in all just better.

It's perfectly fine to wait if you like the movie of course! 

And nah the tank was showcased on both trailers, we even see it fire at a building. 

I've watched 2 reviews of the tie striker and it's much bigger then I thought it would be. I like the set and the only problem is of course the piece/price ratio. But I was wondering who picked up the set and really likes it.

45 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

I've watched 2 reviews of the tie striker and it's much bigger then I thought it would be. I like the set and the only problem is of course the piece/price ratio. But I was wondering who picked up the set and really likes it.

Yeah it is huge! The price is a little bit more justifiable though, there are some very large pieces in the set. 

^The Striker is huge, but it is also one of my (non-expert) favorite sets in a while. Some interesting building techniques I do not remember seeing in a basic release, and just a very solid, swishable fighter. And the shore trooper is cool as well. All in all, well worth the price tag, IMHO. 

41 minutes ago, Dhivael said:

^The Striker is huge, but it is also one of my (non-expert) favorite sets in a while. Some interesting building techniques I do not remember seeing in a basic release, and just a very solid, swishable fighter. And the shore trooper is cool as well. All in all, well worth the price tag, IMHO. 

I agree with everything you said. It is definitely one of the best sets in a while, I really love it. Lucky for me, I bought it because I had $65 in amazon gift cards so I only had to pay $5 :tongue:

After watching many reviews it seems Tie Striker is a really good set. My biggest problem with it is that we don't get any named characters in the set! Another Jyn would be more than welcome in this set. And 70 $ for a good set without any named characters seems too expensive! So while I really like this set , I just can't see myself buying it for 70$. Maybe once it goes on sale...

After getting all the RO sets over the weekend I am blown away by the quality of the minifigures! I love them all, even the rebel troopers have not been skimped on, but by far I am most impressed by K-2SO's body piece, the level of complexity in the molding and printing is astounding! here's to TLG continuing with this quality :)

I would also praise the damn thing if shipping wasn't so clogged over at shop@home, my order won't arrive until next week! Grumbles grumbles.