Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I don't know if this has been posted or not yet, but I think this is the first official confirmation we've got on the identity of the protocol droid in the advent calendar: https://www.lego.com...557d7aef77cca4c

Of course, it can ultimately be whatever droid you want it to be, but it's nice to get actual confirmation that it's U-3PO.

Glad to know this controversy has been finally put to rest! The droid's identity had been bugging me so much! :laugh:

On the top of Krennic's Shuttle, is that the same piece as the grevious starfighter back in 2010?

Good catch!

Glad to know this controversy has been finally put to rest! The droid's identity had been bugging me so much! :laugh:

Glad this was the most contreversial thing about the Advent Calendar and not the fact that it includes Jabba's Palace after the whole debacle a few years ago. XD

Edited by Legocity2713

Glad this was the most contreversial thing about the Advent Calendar and not the fact that it includes Jabba's Palace after the whole debacle a few years ago. XD

Debacle?

Debacle?

I think he's talking about the gangster temple thing.. some people thought the set looked like an actual landmark from some country and it offended people

It wasn't a debacle. Some Europeans said the Jabba's Palace set was offensive to muslims because it resembled an iconic mosque (which was originally a church building mind you), and had a go at TLG (instead of Lucasfilm, if anyone). Fact is, the SW Tatooine design is supposed to be reminiscent of arabian/middle eastern architecture and resembles a lot of buildings, some of which are mosques.

TLGs response included that they'd retire the set. Which they did at the normal time they retire every normal set - it was not pulled from shelves, discontinued early or anything outside of the norm.

Thanks for the heads-up. So it is officially U-3PO!

On the top of Krennic's Shuttle, is that the same piece as the grevious starfighter back in 2010?

I believe someone noticed it a couple pages ago too.

Its nice that we finally have confirmation of the droid's identity, but at the same time I feel it doesn't really matter all that much since E-3PO, U-3PO and TC-14 are all near identical in appearance anyway. It wouldn't be much different to R5-D4 and R5-D8 sharing the same minifigure. I'm planning on picking up a few extras so I can have all three droids represented.

It's a damned sight cheaper than TC-14, that's for sure! I think you can buy the whole advent calender for about the same price as a TC-14 polybag.....

TLG, Please sort out your general polybag global policy, it's beyond irritating to be charged several times original market price for something that's still available in some areas and not in others, for a minifigure.

TLGs response included that they'd retire the set. Which they did at the normal time they retire every normal set - it was not pulled from shelves, discontinued early or anything outside of the norm.

I remember that story very fondly for it was the best piece of trolling I've ever seen from a company :iamded_lol: The accusants booked that reaction as a victory on their part and were none the wiser, I love it :laugh:

B2T: I'm really surprised the protocol droid turned out to be U-3PO, with the whole TESB vibe of that calendar I expected it to be E-3PO :wacko: At least it's not TC-14, we already got that one and it was chrome to boot :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

I don't know, maybe they'll just change the packaging to fit RO, either way the 2014 reaching vader label is awesome.

I know last year when they re-released Hoth Han in Fall, it was the same packaging as it was in 2013, so I doubt they'll change Revan's.

I've got to say, I really like this year's advent calendar from star wars, it has beautifull minifigs and great mini models, which are composed of a very good part selection! Next to that, there's even no "weapon racks" at all xD

I would highly recommend it to anyone interested in Lego Star Wars :sweet:

It was worth it just to get another Bespin guard to change the skin tone of. It's something I liked about the original Kenner figure line so it's nice to do it here.

Luke is useful also... I'm probably going to buy another Leia camo cape for him to be an Endor custom and extra Stormtroopers are always nice.

I'm a huge fan of this year's advent calendar. Any opportunity to get more of the newest stormtroopers is one I'll take. Plus it comes with a somewhat newer death star trooper.

I'm a huge fan of this year's advent calendar. Any opportunity to get more of the newest stormtroopers is one I'll take. Plus it comes with a somewhat newer death star trooper.

Yes, I also like it a lot. It's one of the best SW advent calendars to date IMO.

BTW: The pictures of the Imp. snowtrooper show him without a "skirt". Is this confirmed? (That would be very dissapointing, since the later models have had skirts).

BTW: The pictures of the Imp. snowtrooper show him without a "skirt". Is this confirmed? (That would be very dissapointing, since the later models have had skirts).

It wouldn't surprise me. I'm not sure the little cardboard boxes they use for cloth pieces would fit in the window.

Although, I can't remember if they come without the little boxes in CMF packets.

75146d.jpg

Snowtrooper is without skirt.

Yes, I also like it a lot. It's one of the best SW advent calendars to date IMO.

Indeed, I can confirm, the box does not include a skirt sadly :sceptic:

Neither does the rebel trooper include a backpack...

Minor issues, minor issues. They won't stand out all too much in your pack... and else just make your Snowtrooper commander not have a skirt as if like it's supposed to be, at least that's what I'm doing :tongue:

Edited by TWP

B2T: I'm really surprised the protocol droid turned out to be U-3PO, with the whole TESB vibe of that calendar I expected it to be E-3PO

I doubt anyone remembers page 438 of this thread, but I did point out that it was U-3PO because each minifigure in the calendar follows a related mini-build and U-3PO is preceded by the Tantive IV.