Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

They are still looking for the one from 2008 to re-use :devil:

In all seriousness, did they even do designer videos for D2C sets back then? I don't believe so, but I could be wrong. In fact, I had kind of expected to see a video for the new Death Star for that very reason (since not only would it be able to go over the updates but also the returning features that had not been discussed in a previous video).

In all seriousness, did they even do designer videos for D2C sets back then? I don't believe so, but I could be wrong. In fact, I had kind of expected to see a video for the new Death Star for that very reason (since not only would it be able to go over the updates but also the returning features that had not been discussed in a previous video).

No they didn't.

It's also not like Lego has tried to pass this off as a new set. They have outright referred to it as a re-release. We were all disappointed we didn't see a brand new, better set, but now we can move on.

BrickSet has the set in hand and put up many images here!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/brickset/

Loads of nice pictures - I guess we'll see their review of the re-release this week. I really look forward to the comparisons and comments on the new minifigures. I just hope this doesn't result in another wave of "I've been cheated of my entitlement to a new set" comments clogging up the next few pages.

Those officers are really neat, I like that they even added the blue pins on the Imperial code cylinders.

Those imperial navy troopers with dual faces are really great too, finally some chin straps instead of those mics. :sick:

And I don't want to jynx but they are probably gonna end up being really expensive, theres like 6 exclusive figs in a 25 figs sets.

Edited by RetroInferno

It could have made for the job! If anybody has the Dr Strange set, do you know if there was a spare one included?

Yep, there is. Don't know if they could have... I think there's a rule only certain prints can be used for a certain theme.

That 'trap door' under the trash compactor to put the dianoga on looks like you are supposed to pull Luke under it. It's better than having the full dianoga in the room with them.

Yep, there is. Don't know if they could have... I think there's a rule only certain prints can be used for a certain theme.

I thought as much - can't include pieces from one licence in another. No worries though, there's loads on Bricklink for pennies.

Those imperial navy troopers with dual faces are really great too, finally some chin straps instead of those mics. :sick:

Best is they come with the tunics and belts with boxes, i.e. for naval security and guards duties, rather than with the jumpsuits (and mics) for non-combat duties.

And I don't want to jynx but they are probably gonna end up being really expensive, theres like 6 exclusive figs in a 25 figs sets.

Right. Lego has been pretty clever with the distribution of the minifigs. You still only get the grey caps for navy crewmen and officers in the ISD iirc. Now navy troopers and officers with black tunics are Death Star exclusive. People complain about (non-Rebels) Stormtroopers being expansive, but collecting navy personnel...

On the bright side: the Imperial Navy personnel gets ever more complete, especially with the Grand Admiral coming.

Edited by Flieger

Why weren't the extra minifigures in 75159 included in the price comparison? Doing a minifigure comparison, 75159 has 2 additional Imperial Officers and 2 Death Star Gunners while 10188 only has the additional White Assassin Droid and Mouse Droid (if that's even considered a minifigure). The 2 Imperial Officers are going to be worth a significant amount money.

Why weren't the extra minifigures in 75159 included in the price comparison? Doing a minifigure comparison, 75159 has 2 additional Imperial Officers and 2 Death Star Gunners while 10188 only has the additional White Assassin Droid and Mouse Droid (if that's even considered a minifigure). The 2 Imperial Officers are going to be worth a significant amount money.

This was my thought too (made a similar comment on the brick set review actually!). There may have only been 213 extra pieces in the set, but the 16 pieces that go into making those 4 minifigures can account for a big chunk of the above-inflation price hike.

This was my thought too (made a similar comment on the brick set review actually!). There may have only been 213 extra pieces in the set, but the 16 pieces that go into making those 4 minifigures can account for a big chunk of the above-inflation price hike.

Yeah those two minifigs are worth more on the aftermarket, but not a lot more for Lego to produce :wink:

That 'trap door' under the trash compactor to put the dianoga on looks like you are supposed to pull Luke under it. It's better than having the full dianoga in the room with them.

Other than the minifigs, that looks to be the most significant feature of the re-release. So that's something.

Okay, so I've finally got the time to pick through the minifigures in the 'new' Death Star 75159.

Here is my breakdown of what's what with the minifigures, (I'm using BL mfg numbers):

NEW

1. Grand Moff Tarkin (I know the head and hair has been used in the Rebels set, but I'm still counting this as a new minifig).

2. Princess Leia.

3. Death Star Trooper.

4. Death Star Droid.

5. Imperial Astromech.

6. Imperial Officer (LBG).

7. Imperial Officer (BLK).

8. Dianoga (LOVE this little creature! great use of the long horns in reddish brown).

UPDATED

1. Luke Skywalker (Tatooine) So this is basically 551 but it has the head from 635 so technically different.

2. Luke Skywalker (Stormie Disguise) new face and hair.

3. Han Solo - LOVE the new hair.

4. Han Solo (Stormie Disguise) new face and hair.

5. Darth Vader - Okay so this is just 636 from 75093, but it does have the new style cloak so I'm guessing it'll be classed as 636a?

6. Emperor Palpatine - The same as above for 634 / 634a.

7. Royal Guard - Again the same as the last two so I'm guessing it will be listed as 521a.

8. Interrogation Droid - 211a with a new syringe, so perhaps 211b?

OLDIES

1. Luke Skywalker (Duel) 635.

2. Chewbacca 532.

3. Obi-Wan Kenobi 552.

4. R2-D2 Lavender dot 527a.

5. C-3PO 700.

6. Stormtrooper 585.

7. Death Star Gunners 529.

8. Mouse Droid 156.

Okay, so if there are any mistakes in the list please let me know, but from what I can see this is what we're getting in 75159, hope this helps for anyone unsure whether this is worth getting for the minifigs, I know it has helped me... First day purchase!

I don't know if it is worth it just for the figures. Is Vader the same in Death Star Duel? I would at least like the new version of him.

I don't know if it is worth it just for the figures. Is Vader the same in Death Star Duel? I would at least like the new version of him.

Yes, Vader is the same as final duel apart from the new style cloak.