Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Death Star is back +/- (minor changes) as it was, so it will be nice if they decide to bring back the 10178 motorized walker

It was a fun novelty but the design does not lend itself to an accurate design. Would be very cool to say a figure scale one though.

It was a fun novelty but the design does not lend itself to an accurate design. Would be very cool to say a figure scale one though.

I donĀ“t mind if it will be bigger, but definitely motorized ... I like the way how it moves, its very similar to the one in the movie

There's a picture out there of the Krennic minifigure, someone managed to get him. He has the superheroes styled cape in white, and his hair piece looks great in dark tan. I'm not sure if I can link it here, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

I'm happy if the scalpers lose out on this one. I know there was a lot of talk of people buying up 10188s to flip after the new one would come out hoping to make huge profit and the news of the new DS destroys that chance. Personally, even before the announcement of the new DS, I would not have bought 10188s to flip - they had been out so long that they wouldn't be considered really collectible. Hopefully this puts flippers and scalpers in a position where they're thinking twice about future "investments".

I completely agree. Scalpers ruin the hobby for everyone else by driving up prices and putting many desirable sets out of reach price wise. :hmpf_bad:

Hopefully this teaches them a lesson.

Please can I remind everyone that this thread is for 2016 Pictures and Rumours.

There's another thread available for this sort of comment and I'll transfer some posts around shortly.....and done :classic:

And to clarify, a 'scalper' is defined as 'a person trading in the equities or options and futures market who holds a position for a very short period of time' so in relation to the LEGO 'market' they will acquire products that are only available for limited periods (e.g. Comic-Con exclusives) and sell them at an inflated price. So, the term isn't relevant to someone purchasing a set that was available for 8 years, unless I'm missing something.....

There's a picture out there of the Krennic minifigure, someone managed to get him. He has the superheroes styled cape in white, and his hair piece looks great in dark tan. I'm not sure if I can link it here, but it shouldn't be hard to find.

The figure itself looks pretty nice. Hopefully more figures start to pop up soon..

Wow, his facial expression is just spot-on :thumbup: I'm always amazed by how well (and subtly) the minifig designers manage to capture the likenesses of the respective actors :wub:

Wow, his facial exp<b></b>ression is just spot-on :thumbup: I'm always amazed by how well (and subtly) the minifig designers manage to capture the likenesses of the respective actors :wub:

Right? He's definitely my favorite minifigure in this wave.

I know the new style of capes is quite a controversial subject, but I have to say that I definitely prefer them over the old, stiff ones :wink: Sure they look a tad weird around the neck area, but they don't crease and you can easily bend them to fit the minifigs inside vehicles or just lift them up to see the back of the torso - both things you can't do with the old capes (at least not without removing them first). The only thing that bothers me about Krennic's cape specifically is that it lacks the split :hmpf_bad: And no, scissors won't do it :tongue:

Speaking of which: the introduction of the new style of capes in SW one year after they've been introduced in the Superheroes lines gives me hope about seeing dual-molded arms and/or legs in the near future as well :thumbup: As I've stated elsewhere, it usually takes longer for the SW theme to catch up with newly introduced techniques or styles (unless it's SW that introduces them, like the spring-loaded and stud shooters :grin: )

Edited by Lego-Freak

I can't seem to find the pictures. What website was it on?

Figure looks great, some people are complainning about the cape but I think it's just the way it was put on that detracts from the looks. Also not so sure about the dark tan. Isn't his character more have greyish hair?

Just thought I pass on an observation... It's amazing how many MSIB 10185 Death Stars have suddenly popped up on eBay this week. It's almost as if people are trying to get rid of them... :wink:

GUYS. Today I was browsing eBay for a special forces tie because I want to mod one into a regular first order tie. When I first got on the website, in my suggested was a listing for the two droids from 75159!! I clicked on it and looked through the pictures and in the background, I saw a death trooper, krennic, and bistan the space monkey! He also had a listing for rebels ahsoka with bistan. What are your thought on this? Here's a link to the listing:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/172320779954?NAV=HOME

GUYS. Today I was browsing eBay for a special forces tie because I want to mod one into a regular first order tie. When I first got on the website, in my suggested was a listing for the two droids from 75159!! I clicked on it and looked through the pictures and in the background, I saw a death trooper, krennic, and bistan the space monkey! He also had a listing for rebels ahsoka with bistan. What are your thought on this?

Those minifigures were stolen from a LEGO factory and I find it slightly immoral that someone's selling them. This happened last year, too. It's one thing to get ahold of a figure early and take pictures, but to me, selling stolen merchandise is crossing the line.

Those minifigures were stolen from a LEGO factory and I find it slightly immoral that someone's selling them. This happened last year, too. It's one thing to get ahold of a figure early and take pictures, but to me, selling stolen merchandise is crossing the line.

How would someone steal them? LEGO does not seem like the company that would let that happen. Also, what happened last year that was like this?

Those are nice figures! Although, I don't know who buys figures early like that since the prices tend to be ridiculous.

Well yes and no. Yeah, they were stolen from a factory but the seller usually buys it from independent toy sellers. So, the seller might not know that they're stolen.

Those are nice figures! Although, I don't know who buys figures early like that since the prices tend to be ridiculous.

I agree, a crazy price. Why not wait a month and get 20 more like that? But buying figs early like that is out of hand, I agree with Nokturn.

Edited by joeyl19

Krennic looks great and at first sight, the Rogue 1 sets all seem to be very cool, Krennic's shuttle being the best one in my opinion.

Regarding the "new" Death Star, it is indeed very disappointing that they just made a refresh of 10188. Nice minifigs, surely, but does that worth 500$ or more?

Edited by CedBricks

Well yes and no. Yeah, they were stolen from a factory but the seller usually buys it from independent toy sellers. So, the seller might not know that they're stolen.

That's a good point. (Btw, your videos are awesome!)

Krennic looks great and at first sight, the Rogue 1 sets all seem to be very cool, Krennic's shuttle being the best one in my opinion.

Regarding the "new" Death Star, it is indeed very disappointing that they just made a refresh of 10188. Nice minifigs, surely, but does that work 500$ or more?

I think regular inflation would already up the price to $470, plus the 200 extra pieces is about $500. Even though I don't agree with it, it makes sense.

Regarding the "new" Death Star, it is indeed very disappointing that they just made a refresh of 10188. Nice minifigs, surely, but does that work 500$ or more?

I think regular inflation would already up the price to $470, plus the 200 extra pieces is about $500. Even though I don't agree with it, it makes sense.

^Typo

Edited by joeyl19