Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

The same set, the exact same set, Carl! I wanna see a designer video and to look at their eyes when they say:"we used some brand-new techniques and a new design, we are great"

Hate them...I like the previous set...but 8 years have passed and even the shape is so 'brick like', nothing new.

The 'random cheese slope' is clearly supposed to be a stopper for the sliding door lever in the trash compactor.

Is there only one photo so far? The only one I saw was in *removed* which was blurry and taken at a weird angle, what's this talk about chin straps?

Edited by MKJoshA

I can't imagine there's a function on the opposite side that requires moving into that room. Usually a backwards slope like that is placed to stop something on a "rail" of sorts, but there shouldn't be any moving parts in that area.

I think that cheese slope is to stop the slide which is attached to the opening door on the back of the trash compactor. So it is actually serving a purpose.

The set is disappointing, I hope the figs are nice

Edited by Galaad

I remember when the original rumour was for a 'bigger, better' Death Star in 2016, this is basically a carbon-copy, heck, the figures are in the same places too!

Where exactly is the VIP catalogue though?

Edited by LordLEGOtube

I remember when the original rumour was for a 'bigger, better' Death Star in 2016, this is basically a carbon-copy, heck, the figures are in the same places too!

Who exactly said that? XLF1rNz.png

I saw the tiny VIP slip, it's just the back of the DS and a 'Available for VIPs!'

The 'random cheese slope' is clearly supposed to be a stopper for the sliding door lever in the trash compactor.

Is there only one photo so far? The only one I saw was in *removed* which was blurry and taken at a weird angle, what's this talk about chin straps?

Ah, you're right.

I wonder how many people really had a problem of the door popping out, and why it couldn't be black to blend in

Who exactly said that?

I saw the photo of the back, this is just awful. It would've been neat if they'd have rearranged the rooms somehow or moved things round a bit but everything seems to be in the same place! Where did all the extra pieces go? Also, Ep IV Luke still uses tan hair rather than dark tan (accurate) hair like in TFA game

I've just seen another image of the set box, and it looks rather dull in comparison to 10188. It's all a bit dark blue and black and lacking the class of other recent UCS sets (e.g. Slave 1, TIE Fighter and Sandcrawler). There's one potential glimmer of hope though; in the bottom-left is the unmistakable outline of a Falcon! Hopefully, it's a sign that another UCS version is in the pipeline... or perhaps I'm being a bit too optimistic?

I'm a little sad about this. I got 10188 just before they discontinued it and was hoping to have a collectors item and a unique display piece. I haven't built it yet, now the question is, do I quick sell that and use the money to upgrade to something that doesn't seem like much of an upgrade.

I've just seen another image of the set box, and it looks rather dull in comparison to 10188.

Those were exactly my thoughts. It was mostly grey and now it's mostly grey, but somehow it seems duller to me.

This is even more disappointing than I thought it would be. Even the box art is noticably worse than 10188, which is weird considering how beautiful the art is for the more recent UCS sets. I'm shocked at how little has changed, despite knowing what the changes would be. A lot of them actually look worse - the random colors they decided to use look terrible. I was thinking about selling my 10188 to be able to pay for this 'upgrade', but now I'll likely just Bricklink the figs that I need to update. They'll be cheaper in a few months when they're in the 2017 sets, anyway. They really should've made this tie in with Rogue One more - or at least SOMETHING to make it unique and worth purchasing.

Edited by Nokturn

I don't mind this set being a redo. The old set was very popular and needed to be updated with new figures and parts.

The problem is that they're charging $100 more for 200 parts that we can't even see. There is absolutely no discernible difference in the build. There wasn't even a need to add any internal Technic structure - 10188 is plenty strong. They really should've made this set more unique in some way. I'm sure an outer shell would've pleased a lot of people, as well as made the $500 price tag more justifiable. If they wanted to update 10188 in such a minor way they should've just kept it the same set number & ESPECIALLY the same price.

ESPECIALLY the same price.

There's your problem. This is an 8 year old set. They can increase the price and claim inflation.

I think it would be easier to swallow with a much lower increase though.

I don't really mind the fact that it's basically identical to 10188. It was a popular set for a reason!

What does bother me quite a bit is that 10188 is discontinued, then essentially re-released less than a year later at a much higher price. :thumbdown:

Well, there you have it. I was never planning on getting it, but I feel for all of you who wanted an updated set. Hey, at least there are updated minifigures. Even then, they're not really exclusive besides Tarkin.

Well it looks like the multiple images that were circulating have been removed. Whether the leak will prompt an earlier official release only time will tell.

The designer video may give some valid reasons where the extra 200 pieces have gone. I'm just keen to see what the designs are on the several unique figures in this set.

Well, there you have it. I was never planning on getting it, but I feel for all of you who wanted an updated set. Hey, at least there are updated minifigures. Even then, they're not really exclusive besides Tarkin.

Has Leia not been updated to a new design closer to the game design? Surely we're not still getting the figure that was in 7965?

Reminds me of Malibu Stacy.

- [ Girls Gasping ] - They changed Malibu Stacy! - She is better than ever.

- Wait! Don't be fooled.

She's just a regular Malibu Stacy with a stupid, cheap hat.

She still embodies all the awful stereotypes she did before.

But she's got a new hat.

- [ Clamoring ] - [ Smithers ] I want it.

I want it.

I want it.

[ Sighs ] Well, I guess you can't beat big business.