Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

If this turns out to be anything other than a rehash of the Assault on Hoth set, I'll eat my 7965 Falcon brick by brick.

Rehash of Hoth set?

If it is an updated version of 10188 I might just upgrade mine

That would be a cool little set in its own right - a bit like Zoids in Japan. Just the bits you need to upgrade!

If LEGO don't incluse the shell, I really would like an other set to build the Death Star shell , like a 100 bucks set, but I doubt it will happen...

I think that the shell really adds something to the DS.

If LEGO don't incluse the shell, I really would like an other set to build the Death Star shell , like a 100 bucks set, but I doubt it will happen...

I think that the shell really adds something to the DS.

Incredibly unlikely. I don't think Lego has ever done something like that. It probably wouldn't sell well, and if they did do it, why not just make the shell free-standing as its own set? Plus, isn't modifying your sets with other pieces part of the whole Lego ethos? That said, it would be interesting to see.

Are we getting 2x VIP points in October?

Didn't you just have double points in America? I can't even remember the last time it happened in the UK

Incredibly unlikely. I don't think Lego has ever done something like that. It probably wouldn't sell well, and if they did do it, why not just make the shell free-standing as its own set? Plus, isn't modifying your sets with other pieces part of the whole Lego ethos? That said, it would be interesting to see.

Didn't you just have double points in America? I can't even remember the last time it happened in the UK

We had double points back in March.

Edited by Andyperkins

There was a double points weekend a few weeks ago here in the states. Wasn't advertised, just sprung on us the day it started.

There was a double points weekend a few weeks ago here in the states. Wasn't advertised, just sprung on us the day it started.

I think that was a national sales tax free weekend.

If this turns out to be anything other than a rehash of the Assault on Hoth set, I'll eat my 7965 Falcon brick by brick.

I'll trade you a hamburger for that Falcon. Then we'll both be happier :grin:

Do we know if the TIE window used in the Emperor's throne room has been swapped out for the new piece used in the newer TIE Fighters and the DS Final Duel? I can't recall any set currently in production aside from 10188 that has this, and I can't see them keeping it in production for this when they can just use the new version.

Do you think we'll ever see dual molded legs in star wars sets? Will it ever be standard? It sucks that we have to buy UCS to get prints on arms while it is included in other themes cheaper sets and I'm not even talking about dual molded legs that they also have =\.

The new Death Star is extremely similar to the previous one with unnecessary red/yellow technic pieces and some blue pieces.

The one thing that really bothers me is the lack of slopes to make the four "walls" of the DS more spheric.

And another piece of the puzzle: a hint for a new UCS Falcon ;)

28963748132_2116a1d9db.jpg

I just saw the leaked picture of the set. I thought CM4Sci was joking about the random cheese slope but it's actually there!

Tada - there you go. Hope you're all as disappointed as I am.

As much as I am sure you're right, I'm going to wait for the price before being disappointed. If it's closer to the original price then I won't be because it's just the same set. If it is actually $500 I'll see how to conversion to GBP is and then realise it's a terrible price and then I'll be sad.

I've just seen it as well and, if it's legit, I'm disappointed. It's almost like a 'can you spot the difference'... Moff Tarkin seems to have developed a bad quiff, and that seems to be the most significant change. Whatever next? Perhaps the rumoured update of the UCS Snowspeeder will have 3 additional parts? This hasn't been the best year for SW LEGO, and this pretty much follows that trend :hmpf_bad:

Similar? This is not what I expected when every source said "similar" - this thing is exactly the same as 10188, only with updated figures and most definitely lots of unnecessary little random parts stuffed around it to make it 100 dollars more expensive.

I rarely complain about sets (I didn't even complain about the much hated Assault on Hoth, which I agree was disappointing but at least had a novelty-factor) and I know what to expect of most sets, but this is just utterly lazy. Most disappointing year for Star Wars UCS sets yet. They didn't even attempt to update anything except for the minifigures. They could've just kept 10188 on the market and swapped all the minifigures (like they've done in the past with certain minifig parts that went out of production due to updated versions) instead of dropping this absolute cash grab on top of us. This is not to say I ever hated 10188, and I did want it when I was many years younger, but the new version doesn't even have some kind of novelty-factor to convince me.

The only things I'm interested in from this set are the minifigures, which I will undoubtedly collect (unless I already have them) for my OT minifig collection, but the rest of my money goes to saving up for a potential new Millennium Falcon.

Also, why did they think the Mini TIE would be a good idea to do again? They could've at least done something different from 10188 and made a mini Star Destroyer to scale with the Death Star, but even that was too much...

Edited by General Magma

Looks exactly like the last one but maybe they are doing this since the last one was still being made after 10 years. I least I've seen it now.

Well the little hope I had for this just vanished.

And to be crystal clear I wouldn't have minded an updated version of the original, I even like the concept, but updated as an improved model, not same same thing with updated mini figs for 100$ more.

This really looks like a 2008 set, the edges are anything but smooth...

Jesus Christ who the hell was in charge of updating this?