Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

This is turning into an episode of Catchphrase!

Now we just need an oddly animated clip of Mr Chip destroying Alderan.

I assume this is the same picture, just cropped slightly differently.

What's most disappointing about the price is that the Disney Castle has more pieces, but is only £290, compared to the presumably £400+ of the Death Star.

Edited by nikhkin

Absolutely. There's a chance that there will be and I'm hoping they show to at least put it to bed at this point.

As a build we seem to know roughly how it will look anyway. I just want to see the figs now.

In the past couple of years there have been sellers on Taobao that have had listings for various minifig parts that have turned out to be previews of upcoming figs... Do we have any Chinese speakers that can search? The Mexican Lego Market FB page is starting to have advent calendar figures available.

It seems even less likely that Brick Show have any new information. Just sat through a minute and a half of them reading off the minifig list we got 2 days ago from Promobricks. If they had proper pictures they'd be able to give better information than that.

He's being a smartlass and displaying the LEGO logo, which of course is on the front of the box. Of course... clickbait much? :hmpf_bad:

Edited by PicnicBasketSam

If you look at the bit of box he showed there are stars which aren't on the rogue one sets so it might mean that we are getting this before december

https://www.instagra...SN6qDIhG/?hl=en

If you look at the bit of box he showed there are stars which aren't on the rogue one sets so it might mean that we are getting this before december

It's set to come out in October, I think. The Rogue One sets come out at the very end of September.

It's set to come out in October, I think. The Rogue One sets come out at the very end of September.

Correct, but to clarify: 75159 has a VIP early access release on September 15th, all of the ROGUE ONE sets are releasing on September 30th, dubbed "Rogue Friday," and then 75159 has it's fully public release on October 1st.

First of October; picture embargo lifts September 30th, sets release the next day.

No Force Friday this year.

Edited by Aegis2000

No Force Friday this year.

Incorrect. As stated above Force Friday is slotted for 30 September 2016.

Incorrect. As stated above Force Friday is slotted for 30 September 2016.

My apologies, I'm really not sure. I remember reading on Brickset that the photos were not to be revealed until Sep. 30. I thought I remembered reading a few weeks ago that Disney had not scheduled a date to celebrate release this year, e.g. Force Friday. My bad if this is not the case.

What's most disappointing about the price is that the Disney Castle has more pieces, but is only £290, compared to the presumably £400+ of the Death Star.

It's unfair comparison as the Disney Castle has a whopping 5 minifigures instead of 24... but yeah, there's no way that any other theme is going to beat SW pricing.

If this turns out to be anything other than a rehash of the Assault on Hoth set, I'll eat my 7965 Falcon brick by brick.

It's unfair comparison as the Disney Castle has a whopping 5 minifigures instead of 24... but yeah, there's no way that any other theme is going to beat SW pricing.

That is true, but even 20 minifigs couldn't account for $150 more on the price in my opinion. They can manufacture the CMFs with new moulds and prints for less than that, and the majority of these figures will likely be using existing moulds and maybe some updated printing.

I can actually understand Lego going from $400 to $500, but when they have similarly sized sets for far less it baffles me. I guess they look at the Ewok village and say "it's twice the size so twice the price"

Edited by nikhkin

I hope they'll at least add a couple of stormtrooper helmets if they end up having figures of Luke and Han in disguise in the set.

I hope they'll at least add a couple of stormtrooper helmets if they end up having figures of Luke and Han in disguise in the set.

I'm fairly sure the last version had a couple of spares so it's likely they'll do the same again

Yeah it definitely would be a good idea, LEGO really need to increase the number of stormtroopers and snowtroopers, 2 stormies per set is clearly not enough to battle the rebels..