Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Looks like there's a goof and the U-Wing pilot minifig didn't make it into the "out-of-package" photo of the U-Wing. Instead a Rebel Trooper is shown. I had a mini-panic about it for a second because I LOVE that pilot fig, but he is pictured on the box. So we're good.

That black shuttle is the best. Its shape and everything, lovely. I like the tie too although it looks so odd.

Grey alien is a want and the other alien i want to see better.

Wow, thanks!

This sets asides a lot of concerns:

1: The Tie Striker's wings can be positioned down and up.

2: The U-Wing's wings can be retracted backward for the attack position, giving it a V shape.

3: Krennic's shuttle is really damn good, AND we get 2 Deathtroopers with pauldrons.

4: The AT-ST looks really good too, nicely detailed.

On the meh side, that imperial hover tank looks very underwhelming...

Overall very satisfied with these, this is MUCH better in my opinion than the TFA wave, except for the falcon.

Edited by RetroInferno

Overall this is an excellent wave with some pretty awesome sets! However I do have some problems.

-Imperial hovor tank is great although a little barebones. Some cool techniques and good figures.

-The AT-ST is alright, the head is awesome but the legs look awful. 3 figures for a forty dollar set though? Really? They could've thrown in a second pilot especially considering the print or mold are fairly common.

-I abhor the tie striker design now that i've seen the set. It's not Lego's fault but to me that is a really ugly tie variant when there were so many awesome ones in the EU. Hopefully it looks better on screen.

-The U-Wing is overall pretty great and lots of interesting figures. The carrier part is a bit boxy though.

-For me ironically the best looking set is the shuttle although I hate that it's all black. It would have been a must have if it were in white or grey. This set also has the best mini figure variety.

I really hope we see an Imperial Battle pack with shore troopers and death troopers. What I think we'll get is 1 OT stormtrooper, 1 shore trooper, 1 tank trooper, and 1 death trooper.

Edited by Forresto

I really hope we see an Imperial Battle pack with shore troopers and death troopers. What I think we'll get is 1 OT stormtrooper, 1 shore trooper, 1 tank trooper, and 1 death trooper.

Watch them put an Imperial Ground Crew instead of a Stormtrooper

I think we are being a bit harsh on the Striker, both images on the box don't really make justice to the lenght of the wings that would give it an edgier look.

Watch them put an Imperial Ground Crew instead of a Stormtrooper

I would actually be okay with that. The ground crew is a cool mold. Still though i'd be a little incredulous they refuse to let us have OT stormies cheap.

I think we are being a bit harsh on the Striker, both images on the box don't really make justice to the lenght of the wings that would give it an edgier look.

For me it's the hull that looks bd, the wing placement is cool for me. The weird bubble sausage doesn't look that great.

Sir Von Lego has already confirmed that OT stormies are included in the battlepack next year.

I like for one the tube shape of the cockpit, it gives it a different look and could very well serve as the ship's shield generator and ammo stocks, maybe even a place for another mini fig.

Edited by RetroInferno

As some of you may know, I can be very critical of sets especially, the ones from the poor 2016 line. However these Rogue One sets are promising for sure.

The Hovertank although a bit barebones, has good figures and a good design so I am a fan. Doesn't really look 385 pieces does it...

The AT-ST is decent to be honest. The legs don't exactly look right but oh well. Figures are okay I guess too. People will like this set cause its quite accurate.

The Tie Striker is alright but, many thought it had three wings for sure. The Shoretrooper is a real favourite for me. Its decent but not a wow set for me.

The U-Wing I believe will look good when you actually have the set. Good range of figures and a nice price will attract people to this set including me. Heres hoping it actually includes a U-Wing pilot because he looks neat.

Finally the black shuttle is a real favourite for me and I wasn't expecting it to be. Brilliant figures and the look of the set is something that pulls me. I was always a fan of Ren's shuttle so this is a winner for me. Good price too.

So the order of the sets I like the most goes like this...

Krennic's Shuttle

Hovertank

U-Wing

Tie Striker

AT-ST

Bring on the DeathStar reveal! :wink:

That shuttle looks absolutely amazing; definite purchase for me. I'm glad that it comes with two Death Troopers.

Also, it seems like the U-Wing lacks the mechanism to shift its wings backward...? Hopefully new pictures shed more light on this.

EDIT: Oops, jumped the gun a little too quickly on the U-Wing. You can see hinges on its sides, where the wings should fold! Glad this isn't another case of Kylo Ren's shuttle.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

I still think the hovertank is the best set, none of the other sets appeal to me. Maybe the shuttle depending on the interior.

I also really like the spare use of the sand blue on the Striker and the AT ST, it really gives them a nice sort of sheen between the light and dark bley.

I get that taste are personnal but we actually get new designs for once, something TFA depressingly lacked of ( except for the exceptionnally accurate Kylo Ren's shuttle and the memorable snowspeeder).

Also a quick question, it does look like the hover tank can't fit a mini fig through the top hatch does it? That's a bummer...

Edited by RetroInferno

The AT-ST looks quite nice except for those awful technic beams in the legs. Looking back at previous AT-STs this new one is light years ahead: http://brickset.com/search?query=at-st&scope=All

TLG have copied the techniques used by AT-ST moccers like 'anothergol' to get the angles on the head panels closer to the original. http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=120770

Edited by Missing Brick

I also really like the spare use of the sand blue on the Striker and the AT ST, it really gives them a nice sort of sheen between the light and dark bley.

I like that a lot, too. It hearkens back to the days of the use of Blue in the classic SW sets. Luckily it's a lot more subtle and well-rounded this time.

Also a quick question, it does look like the hover tank can't fit a mini fig through the top hatch does it? That's a bummer...

Take a closer look, the hatch is sort of false. It's attached to a trap door element, which is plenty big enough to fit a figure.

The same technique was used in some other sets, most notably the First Order Transporter.

Edited by Nokturn

That At-St is pretty expensive. The last one only had 244 parts, I don't see where the additional 200 in this set went. :wacko:

Also, is it just me or does Krennic's Shuttle look like the body of an At-Ap in black with wings?

The hover tank looks like the best set in the wave. I might pick that one up when it comes out, and I'll stock up on those battle packs for next year.

I can't say the build in any of the sets stand out for me - the minfigs are the clear standout. So many great Imperial designs plus lots of rebels that could double as galactic citizens on fringe worlds.I'm tempted to wait until next year's sets before committing though, as no doubt a lot of these figures will be replicated in other sets. At this stage only the hovertank and possibly the shuttle stand out for me.

Edited by TeufelHund

EDIT: Oops, jumped the gun a little too quickly on the U-Wing. You can see hinges on its sides, where the wings should fold! Glad this isn't another case of Kylo Ren's shuttle.

Yeah, no way they do that again.

They look great, Hover Tank and Kreenic's Shuttle are my favorites.

My opinions haven't changed much since the unofficial pics, except for the TIE.

Tank is okay, not a very interesting set but not bad, a few named characters so only 1.

AT-ST is okay, not brilliant but 1.

TIE seems undercooked, but an okay model and all generic minifigs, so 2 (or 3).

U-Wing looks really ugly like 2 completely different ships were welded together, probably 0. BL for minifigs if they don't show up again next year.

Shuttle looks better than it did when the detail wasn't apparent, some great minifigs but I really don't like the wings for the size & shape of the rest, maybe 1.

Those are great set. I don't really like the design of the U-wing and the tank. But the minifigs are amazing.

The tank trooper, shoretrooper and death trooper are incredible.

I hope we can get plenty of them in the coming BPs

Those sets IMHO saved this year from being the worst year for Lego SW.

Edit: also the shuttle is the perfect part pack for anyone wanting to make a B2 US Stealth bomber. (the cockpit is perfect for it)

Edited by duboismerci

Lol, the rebel trooper minifig from this set:

[snip]

Is shown in this set, minus the U-Wing pilot. What's next, are they going to forget to photoshop out the stands for the minifigs ;)

[snip]

Edited by Brickdoctor
Removed leaked images.

I like the new Rebel Trooper parts and having the Endor helmet in yet another color. U-wing pilot looks nice too. The sets look like decent parts packs and having the TIE canopies in another set should help drive the prices down.