Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Looks like both the Death Star and Train are gonna be early releases - that confirms that! I guess that means a Death Star reveal middle of August or sooner.

snip

Woohoo, yeah baby yeah! I was just about to post this but you beat me to it, so sometime in the next two weeks it'll be revealed... hopefully.

No polybag is mentioned or shown on the calendar.

Also, with regards to the advent minifugures; I love the rusty little GNK droid!

The calendar is showcased on HothBricks if anyone was looking for it. Damn, so much info over the last few days :S

Looks like both the Death Star and Train are gonna be early releases - that confirms that! I guess that means a Death Star reveal middle of August or sooner.

Finally, a credible hint of its imminent release. Very exciting!

I saw a blurry picture of a Lego Han with a new hair mold. Anyone else see this? Real or fake? I will try to find it, was surprised to not see it here.

EDIT: you can see it on @delta.customs instagram

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIabAgyjxv8/

Personally, I love it, and I hope it is real.

Edited by Jbricks

Great! I'll be replacing most of my Han hair (except Carbonite :sad: )

Edited by Jbricks

Yeah, I wonder if they'll change it for carbonite, or if this will only be in the Death Star?

That Han hair piece looks great! Much more scruffy looking, like a Nerf herder should be.

Sorry, I've not been updated on Star Wars news. What train are you talking about?

Took long enough! Will take a bit to get used to after so long but Luke's newer hair is great so I appreciate this one as well.

Obviously will be in the DS, but maybe also the Desert Skiff next year. Great new hair piece, but now it really feels like the end of an era.

This new hair looks so much better than standard hair! I guess that's one reason to buy new DS already! Hopefully 2017 OT versions of Han will use this hair as well!

This looks so good! I'll never be able to look at the old Han hair in the same way again :cry_sad: . While it would make total sense to us to include this new hair with every Han minifigure from this point onwards I wouldn't necessarily count on it, it depends on how many other exclusive minifig parts or exclusive new prints we get in the DS, if there aren't that many then I think it could be a similar case to UCS Slave 1 Boba's arm printing, just because TLG developed a new torso with arm printing didn't mean that they included it in every new set he appeared in!

For a while this new hair could be exclusive to the new DS to make it more desirable to minifigure collectors... I guess we'll see.

P.S. Is a new desert skiff confirmed for next year? will there be a new Jabba's palace to accompany it??

If this is the level of attention to detail the rest of the DS minfigures have, I can't wait. That hair looks perfect - only problem is, now the carbonate piece won't match the real minifigure!

Hopefully this is the opening of the DS floodgates - roll on more images!

Edited by Richpepperell

Is a new desert skiff confirmed for next year? will there be a new Jabba's palace to accompany it??

A Skiff is listed for a 2017 release with Boba Fett, Han, Chewie and Weequay. That seems to be the only Tatooine ROTJ based set.

P.S. Is a new desert skiff confirmed for next year? will there be a new Jabba's palace to accompany it??

Wouldn't count on it given the controversy that erupted from last time..

If this is the level of attention to detail the rest of the DS minfigures have, I can't wait. That hair looks perfect - only problem is, now the carbonate piece won't match the real minifigure!

Hopefully this is the opening of the DS floodgates - roll on more images!

C'mon, we all know that carbonate flattens the hair! So it's all good ;)

YES! Another OT Stormie! Maybe DS will have some of them. But sadly again only expensive sets have them. Except Advent Calendars.

That hair really changes the look of the minifigure completely. Glad they finally gave him a proper hairpiece, it was actually one of the few remaining updates I was hoping for (The other being new torso/legs for New Hope Leia and we basically already know that's coming).

Now all I need is C3PO with a dual molded leg.