Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I wouldn't call it the best one yet. Its cannons are hugely oversized compared to its head, which in turn is oversized compared to the body. It does have its charm though. The body has some interesting shaping.

That's one weird vehicle! I don't think this ship was in any Rebels episodes, which kinda dissapointed. Ahsoka looks cool, but her lightsabers are blue? Can't Lego give her proper white lightsabers? Ezra looks the same, no scar ? Kallus is also repeat, so that's dissapointing. Commander Sato looks ok, but 5 minifigures in 90-100$ set? Are you kidding me Lego? And no Seventh Sister in the set... So mixed feelings on this set.

I've been studying the picture for about ten minutes now, but it looks to me as if the box art has ahsoka holding two white lightsabers. Is it possible they gave her dark blue blades because of the white background? Edited by xXDogBirdXx

I've been studying the picture for about ten minutes now, but it looks to me as if the box art has ahsoka holding two white lightsabers. Is it possible they gave her dark blue blades because of the white background?

People have already gotten their hands on the set, she has blue sabers.

People have already gotten their hands on the set, she has blue sabers.

Someone has a listing on ebay for Ahsoka and the sabers are clear/light blue color and is screen accurate. It looks like the LEGO Group created a brand new color for these two pieces. :thumbup:

s-l500.jpg

Edited by avengers777

Been lurking over Brickset's forums, and surprinsingly we have a tid bit of solid evidence over the coming Death Star.

CapnRex101, which don't need any introduction, revealed that he saw the thing, and that the model seemed to have MORE pieces than the original set.

He also did not hide his great anticipation regarding the reaction of the community towards it, mentioning opinions will be divided.... He later wrote a comment in which I assume he will be in the defavorable camp.

Oh my...

Edited by RetroInferno

Someone has a listing on ebay for Ahsoka and the sabers are clear/light blue color and is screen accurate. It looks like the LEGO Group created a brand new color for these two pieces. :thumbup:

Are they the normal length? They look long to me. In any case, I'm glad that the colour is a more accurate pale and not the stronger blue in the earlier photos. Even though the darker colour would be good going forward for everyone else.

Been lurking over Brickset's forums, and surprinsingly we have a tid bit of solid evidence over the coming Death Star.

CapnRex101, which don't need any introduction, revealed that he saw the thing, and that the model seemed to have MORE pieces than the original set.

He also did not hide his great anticipation regarding the reaction of the community towards it, mentioning opinions will be divided.... He later wrote a comment in which I assume he will be in the defavorable camp.

Oh my...

Mind linking to the forum?

It's not much but I guess we need to lower our expectations. Might be a great set for some, but what CaptRex10 said does make me cautious about having high expectations. Reveal should be coming soon I guess so here's hoping for a great looking Death Star!

who cares about bricks, All I really want is minifigures, and that includes that I am hopeful we will get another Grand Moff Tarkin this year.

Is the Y-Wing in Ep 6 of the Freemakers based on a set? It looks pretty good..

Yes, it's based on set 9495 from 2012.

Also, questions like that would be better to ask in this thread, just for future reference.

Hey guys, I was just looking at the Rogue One set images leaked a few months back and I notices with Chirrut Imwe's Rifle/Staff/Bow weapon, it utilises a connector piece between the end of the rifle and the attachment. That piece is also found on Kylo Ren's lightsaber in TFA video game so I was wondering if a more accurate Ren lightsaber could be created with that piece...

It's not much but I guess we need to lower our expectations. Might be a great set for some, but what CaptRex10 said does make me cautious about having high expectations. Reveal should be coming soon I guess so here's hoping for a great looking Death Star!

I'm not sure that was what he was saying. I think he was trying to drop a hint about the set being able to be opened up with his use of the word "divided". Maybe it is covered so can look like the death star and it opens up to reveal the scenes and play features.

<snip>

To me they look like the standard light blue ones. & there were also pictures of her with dark blue ones. Hope review's of the set will come out soon..

Does anyone know when the set will come out in Germany?

The Frigate will be released worldwide on August 1st. Hopefully there's some nice details in the front cockpit to make up for the terribly plain middle room and empty back section. I'd like to see some reviews soon.

Oh my...

When I read his post I wondered whether his comment on opinion 'being divided' might be a hint that the set itself will 'divide' aka a design that opens up to expose the interior? is that just me?

When I read his post I wondered whether his comment on opinion 'being divided' might be a hint that the set itself will 'divide' aka a design that opens up to expose the interior? is that just me?

I think you're reading too much into it. That or it's the worlds worst pun.

He emphasized the word "divided" twice, so I'm calling it now: it's gotta be a half sphere. From one direction it'll look like the exterior, and you can turn it around to access the interior -- kind of like Orthanc.

Most people seem to want something like the 10188 but bigger, more detailed, and with an exterior. Frankly, that's just not going to happen -- that'd be a $1000 set. So TLG split the sphere. Hardcore fans can simply buy two. This is all just a prediction, but the more I think about it, the more it makes sense to me.

The price will be $500.

The release date is interesting however. If they do an early release in september, the set will come far before force friday. If they have a strict Oct. 1st release date, the set will come the day after force friday. I wonder how they will handle this.

I'm not sure that was what he was saying. I think he was trying to drop a hint about the set being able to be opened up with his use of the word "divided". Maybe it is covered so can look like the death star and it opens up to reveal the scenes and play features.

That does make sense though. I guess I interpreted it the wrong way ;-)