Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Does this guy have any credibility? That's his first post.

Seems like he's just making a comment based on what everyone else has been saying. It's not an illogical conclusion. Wild or baseless speculation or made-up rumors are never something you want to see in these topics, but let's not go accusing everyone who drops in to make a comment of spreading false information.

The Technic guys said something similar about the new Porsche 911. I also said similar things when I first heard about the potential prices for some smaller Star Wars sets.

I wouldn't count out a $500 USD price tag. Think about this: Lego+Star Wars+UCS+Inflation+New Movie Featuring DS+High Expectations+Demand=Expensive

Agreed. In the Technic area, we didn't believe the Porsche would be $300... We were wrong.

Cinderella's Castle is $350

I totally expect the new Death Star to be $500.... Or a complete disappointment on a par with Insult at Hoth if it's priced at $400 or lower.

Oh, and Rebel Combat Frigate is on the US S@H with no pictures, priced at $110, available August 1st, so the official pictures are probably on the server already for those of you super-sleuths that dig those out.

Edited by rollermonkey

The new death star will be $500. Also, the rebels set is a TRU exclusive.

I think the ahsoka looks really nice. The lightsabers are frustrating, however.

Edited by jhaelego

[snip]

Did you take a look on the back of the box? Or even pictures - Even though not expecting a lot, I am very desperate to see the interior..

& Could you see the price? I fear that the set costs 120 โ‚ฌ in Germany..

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote images.

Did you take a look on the back of the box? Or even pictures - Even though not expecting a lot, I am very desperate to see the interior..

& Could you see the price? I fear that the set costs 120 โ‚ฌ in Germany..

I just reposted what I saw on Reddit. Not mine.

The new death star will be $500.

:facepalm: Disney it is.

$500? So around ยฃ400 perhaps.

It's a really good job I work for myself and my office sometimes needs updated fixtures and fittings... especially ones that are good talking points with clients. I'll just have to have a little word with my accountant...

It better be life sized.

Quoted for truth.

What is the price per brick for Star Wars sets nowadays? What piececount will a $500 give us?

I think the price per piece for the DS will not be as good as the Disney Castle or the Big Ben. We should consider ourselves lucky if the ratio even comes close to the old DS (3800 pieces for โ‚ฌ/$ 420)

Every one said the $500 UCS falcon was over priced and better be life sized. Was any one disapointed with that set? Its the best set ever.

I'm sure it will be amazing

It's just an assumed number based on assumed-to-be-true rumors. You can choose to believe the rumors if you'd like, just know that sometimes rumors are false.

A $100 is a lot of money, but once you've already decided you're okay with spending $400 on little bits of colored plastic, is the extra $100 really that much? I'd much rather have a quality set than one that's clearly had $100 of pieces shaved off of it. Let's not forget that 10179 started out as a personal project and then evolved into a set, so I imagine much of the design work took place without any price point limitations.

A $100 is a lot of money, but once you've already decided you're okay with spending $400 on little bits of colored plastic, is the extra $100 really that much? I'd much rather have a quality set than one that's clearly had $100 of pieces shaved off of it. Let's not forget that 10179 started out as a personal project and then evolved into a set, so I imagine much of the design work took place without any price point limitations.

Agreed. I just remember CM4Sci mentioning that it wouldn't be more than 399.

I hope it is at the $500 mark or more!

Agreed. I just remember CM4Sci mentioning that it wouldn't be more than 399.

I hope it is at the $500 mark or more!

Turns out I was wrong.

I said 'absolutely no way' becuase I personally didn't think it was more than $400.

Personally I wouldn't mind if they just updated minifigures in the old DS set, but new one should be fine too. I don't expect a lot of drastic changes, just some sligh improvements, probably more new playfeatures and definitely great line of minifigures!

Turns out I was wrong.

I said 'absolutely no way' becuase I personally didn't think it was more than $400.

Is that based on what you have seen to date?

Personally I wouldn't mind if they just updated minifigures in the old DS set, but new one should be fine too. I don't expect a lot of drastic changes, just some sligh improvements, probably more new playfeatures and definitely great line of minifigures!

What he said!

Oh, and also, is it just me or does it feel like FOREVER since we've had any real OT, ST or even PT news? I'm dying, someone, anyone, give me something to sink my teeth into!

If the Disney castle is $350 with 4080 pieces, then the DS should have about 5500-5800 pieces.

Not necessarily... the DS will likely have more minifigs than the Disney Castle, and more new prints. The Castle only has 5 minifigs (advertised, plus a couple knight 'statues' that are minifigs lacking only printed heads), while this will likely have many more, and that'll probably lower the part-count vs price.

Aw man.. This is insanely exciting. A ยง500 UCS set has the potential to be epic beyond compare.

I cant wait for the first pictures to leak.

Where are our Bothans when we need them!?!