Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Once again, he may be a contender for a May 4th promo ( though I'd personally rather see a George Lucas minifig next year). But other than that or some out of the blue promo like Red Arm C-3PO, I don't expect him till the Ep VIII sets come out.

It can't be long now before we get the first leaks of the new Death Star. I'm very excited...

What do you guys think the minfig lineup will be?

I think it's most likely the new Death Star will have elements from both the first and the second Death Star. I would expect there to be at least 15 minfigs (including droids) since it's such a large set.

There aren't many Rebels that have visited the Death Star, so it's very likely we will see most of the main characters that was on the station, perhaps 5 of them. That leaves 10 or so imperials to fill the other places.

Heres my thoughts:

REBELS:

Luke Skywalker (given)

Leia in white dress (very possibly)

Han Solo (very possibly)

Chewie (possibly, but not very likely)

Obi-Wan (possibly)

C-3PO (likely, but R2D2 and C-3PO is present in so many sets that I actually hope to se some other minfigs instead of them)

R2-D2 (same as above)

IMPERIALS:

Darth Vader (sure thing)

Stormtrooper (very likely multiples of these)

Emperor Palpatine (not so sure - it could be the first Death Star)

Grand Moff Tarkin (possibly)

Imperial officer in black (quite likely - there are many of these in both the first and second Death Star)

Other imperial officer in grey (possibly - I'm hoping for Piet, Jerjerod or Motti (with choced face))

Imperial naval tropper (likely)

Death star trooper / gunner (very likely)

Technichian w/black cap (not very likely)

Crew w/grey cap (possibly)

Emperors advisors (not likely, but i would love to get some of these guys)

Emperors Guard (please no more of these!!!)

TIE-pilots (possible, but I'd rather not have any of these with no system scale TIE to put them in)

IMPERIAL DROIDS:

Blue R2 astromech droid (we know we will get this one - very cool)

Other Black R2- and R5-droids (also possibly)

RA-7 imperial Protocol droid (possibly)

AV-6R7 (not likely, but I would love this)

3PO or TC protocol droids (also a possibility)

Mouse droid (likely)

IT-O Interrogation droid (very likely)

What do you guys think?

Blue R2 astromech droid (we know we will get this one - very cool)

Rumor, rumor, rumor!

Dunno if we'll get that many figures, maybe it'll just be the same lineup with one or two new figures. I'm still worried it's going to be the same set as before but with updated pieces or something.

Rumor, rumor, rumor!

Dunno if we'll get that many figures, maybe it'll just be the same lineup with one or two new figures. I'm still worried it's going to be the same set as before but with updated pieces or something.

You're right it's just a rumor.

I dont think 15 minfigs is unliely. Infact it's likely there will be more - the 2008 Death Star had 24 minfigs!

My list contained all possible characters - I'm not saying they all of them will be included.

I think it's most likely the new Death Star will have elements from both the first and the second Death Star.

I think that with the timing of this DS release near the RO movie, they will keep the general design of 10188 in place but perhaps change a couple of rooms. Get rid of the droid repair room and maybe the lower crane area and put in a couple of relevant scenes from RO, with accompanying mini-figs. All other figs from 10188 will get an update.

I think that with the timing of this DS release near the RO movie, they will keep the general design of 10188 in place but perhaps change a couple of rooms. Get rid of the droid repair room and maybe the lower crane area and put in a couple of relevant scenes from RO, with accompanying mini-figs. All other figs from 10188 will get an update.

But do RO take place on the Death Star? I thought it was about how the plans for the Death Star was captured/stolen by the rebels...

But do RO take place on the Death Star? I thought it was about how the plans for the Death Star was captured/stolen by the rebels...

It's a pretty safe bet that there will still be scenes with Imperials that take place on the Death Star, even if the Rebels don't infiltrate it directly.

That said, I'm not sure if it's very likely that the upcoming set will have anything to do with Rogue One, current as it may be.

Well I think there's no question Rogue One will have scenes on the Death Star, whether or not scenes onboard are important to the story or just a room where we first meet an Imperial character it's impossible to know. Whether they show up in the UCS :def_shrug:

I think in the trailer the shot with the white clad Imperial, the screen in the background is the view screen from the command room we saw in ANH. Clearly we may see throwbacks to old scenes as well. I also believe the train station we see may also be on board the Death Star as a method of rapid transit for personnel. Still this is all speculation at this point

So honestly who knows at this point. July is just around the bend with Celebration hot on it's heels, hopefully everything will be elucidated then.

Edited by Forresto

Guys, guys (and girls), we're speculating about Rogue One, I think it's best we put that all in spoiler tags too :sarcasm: Also, how is talking about

The Luke figure, which is a figure of a character we already know of, and already have seen in TFA

a potential spoiler? I guess we must have went back in time 8 months to November when we were actually concerned about TFA spoilers.

Edited by Kman860

#prayforamazingbricks #weareamazingbricks

Thanks haha

I'm now a member that has two hashtags!

As for the death star, I'd expect less minifigures, but updated enough to make them great minifigures. With all the new printing, there should be less minifigures. Back when the other death star was released, there were a lot of minifigures, but they weren't detailed. So you can see where I'm going with this, less minifigures but updated with better printing. There's got to be other new figures in there too.

Guys, guys (and girls), we're speculating about Rogue One, I think it's best we put that all in spoiler tags too :sarcasm: Also, how is talking about

The Luke figure, which is a figure of a character we already know of, and already have seen in TFA

a potential spoiler? I guess we must have went back in time 8 months to November when we were actually concerned about TFA spoilers.

Thats a good point.

Ah man, the waiting is killing me. Every day I come one here in hopes of seeing the death star or snow speeder revealed. There hasn't been any good reveals in quite a while IMO. I gotta stay patient.

Ah man, the waiting is killing me. Every day I come one here in hopes of seeing the death star or snow speeder revealed. There hasn't been any good reveals in quite a while IMO. I gotta stay patient.

Snowspeeder was pushed back to 2017, we won't be seeing that for awhile.

I kind of hope we get an EP IV UCS set next year being the 40th anniversary of that movie coming out.

I missed the original snowspeeder so am excited to have an opportunity to get one.

I kind of hope we get an EP IV UCS set next year being the 40th anniversary of that movie coming out.

With the Death Star coming this year, there's not that many options for an EP IV UCS.

Can you say Millenium Falcon... :wink:

oh no! Someone mentioned Luke Skywalker even though mark hamill signed a contract nearly 4 years ago! S P O I L E R S !!!!

Well yes, it is, if by "spoil" you don't mean "ruin" but rather "taint" - ie taking a blank sheet and putting something on it. That's what a spoiler is, and a "major spoiler" is usually what people get stroppy about

No... A spoiler is something that gives away vital plot information. Like telling someone that Bruce Willis is dead before they've watched Sixth Sense. THAT's a spoiler.

Saying that there will be an object, such as a vehicle isn't a spoiler. If I told you there was a Dodge truck in Interstellar, it wouldn't have any affect on whether you knew where the story was going or was about.

I'm ready for some RO leaks to start popping up, but I guess it's still too soon. :sceptic:

Is the new Death Star going to be a play set like 10188 or more UCS like the other one?

Actually I prefer a "play set" like 10188 which is still a great for display.

And another question, anyone knows about the piece count and price? I hope they both high...

I hate to say it but I know I will be disappointed and still prefer the 10188

oh no! Someone mentioned Luke Skywalker even though mark hamill signed a contract nearly 4 years ago! S P O I L E R S !!!!

Whether or not you agree with how others are using spoilers doesn't mean you should exasperate the situation with said comments. They don't add to the discussion, and could give you increased warning level from the staff when toeing the line for manners explained in the site guidelines. As a great builder and someone that typically is a good, contributing member of EB, I would hate for your experience on EB to worsen. Thanks.

Oh goody, passive aggressive mods. ANYWAY, if LEGO releases a Saw Gerrera minifigure will he be bald like initially seen in the trailer, or would he have hair like in the later promos? Which one is even the final version of him?

Oh goody, passive aggressive mods. ANYWAY, if LEGO releases a Saw Gerrera minifigure will he be bald like initially seen in the trailer, or would he have hair like in the later promos? Which one is even the final version of him?

Well we didn't see his figure in the leaked images (I don't think...) so I think he might come in the next wave and therefore most likely with hair rather than bald (unless he goes from one to the other in the film then who knows!)