Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

That description sound very good, although given Lego's history I'm not too sure whether its good or bad. I would hope for a command centre of some sort.

A bit less than that, I think. You'll be able to get one for at least around $20 or less.

Good luck finding one at that price! Who in their right mind would part out such an expensive set that only has one star minifig and then sell said minifig for $20 or less!

Good luck finding one at that price! Who in their right mind would part out such an expensive set that only has one star minifig and then sell said minifig for $20 or less!

I meant to translate euros to dollars, actually - I meant somewhere around $25 to $30.

Even minifigs that are entirely exclusive to UCS sets and have arm printing sometimes sell for $25 or less on Bricklink, at the very least less than $40.

At first, Ahsoka will be sold for steep prices but once the set has been out for a few months, you'll be able to get it for way less than $40.

There's no way that's going to be the cheapest you can get it before the set is discontinued.

Edited by General Magma

A bit less than that, I think. You'll be able to get one for at least around $20 or less.

Even that's too much. Minifigures really shouldn't cost $20.

Astromechs aren't usually included as minifigs, not that I agree with that.

They shouldn't count as minifigures. They are characters, absolutely, but not minifigures.

Wow 110$ for Rebel Frigate? Lego really gone too far with this price! Only 5 minifigures and not that interesting build for this price? The price is too much, for this set. Sadly I might have to skip this set.

They shouldn't count as minifigures. They are characters, absolutely, but not minifigures.

Miniature versions of characters are still minifigures, I'd say... :wacko:

Unless you only want the purest definition of 'minifigure' to use that term, i.e. the usual type of minifigures that have been around for long.

3s3k1d.jpg

Re: the above post, please can I remind everyone of the Site Guidelines; in particular:

'Manners and Serious Topics: Don't be offensive to other members. We like Eurobricks to be a friendly place to discuss LEGO and won't allow posts that are intended to offend or attack. For the same reason, topics (or avatars and other expressions) about religion or politics are not welcome on Eurobricks'

Also, please can everyone try to refrain from discussing the cost of sets and minifigures etc. The pricing structure of most licensed sets has increased quite a bit in the last few years and it's just something that we have to accept, thanks for your understanding :classic:

My apologies. I wasn't attacking anyone with that post, and I'm sorry if it somehow offended. That was not my intent.

I was attempting (and obviously failing) to say that I disagreed with the opinion that Ahsoka is the only thing of value in that set. This is an opinion that many here have disagreed with in the past.

Once again, I apologize for my poor attempt at humor. I should have been more clear about my position to avoid the misinterpretations that arose.

Does any one know when the frigate is availabe for sale in the shops?

Edited by Jedibob

^^Okay, yes, the StarScavenger is awful. But still... I do not think that Ahsoka set is worth as much as the Clone Turbo Tank, and especially not worth MORE than either Ultra Agents base, Benny's Spaceship, that evil Elves castle, the Bridge Battle, the Imperial Shuttle, etc.

The CTT has less pieces than the Frigate and a bunch of battle droids.

The CTT is a well-made, attractive model, with nice minifigures, even though it's a bit small, and it's recognizable as what it's supposed to be. They are asking $110 for an ugly ship that only appeared in 1 episode of Rebels that aired a year ago, which only has 4 figures, two of which are repeats and one of which is really terrifically boring. That's ridiculous.

If the frigate broke over 1000 pieces and had better mini figs I would probably cave in and buy it, but as it stands I think I'll pass. I could cash in my vip points and spend the same amount and get a ucs set.

So, what do we learn? Everyone has his own perspective on the cost and worth of a set. I for one will get two, because I want two Ahsokas, don't want to support re-sellers of minifigs and scalpers, and see a whole bunch of parts in the set I will gladly use for MOCs. I also blame scalpers and re-sellers of minifigs and EVERYONE who buys from such creatures for the raise in the cost of such sets, because looking at the ridiculous prices for which some minifigures are sold by re-sellers, LEGO clearly took a lesson in pricing their sets including such minifigures. So, whoever is continuing buying minifigures from re-sellers - good job, and thank you, thank you very much! :thumbdown::hmpf_bad:

Edited by DarthTwoShedsJackson

You bring up some excellent points. I'm just wondering what next year will bring. So far we are expecting two new ucs sets, rogue one sets and at least a handful of other sets including this frigate that's overly popular on this forum ha!

I should rephrase this to "my wallet is curious..."

So, what do we learn? Everyone has his own perspective on the cost and worth of a set. I for one will get two, because I want two Ahsokas, don't want to support re-sellers of minifigs and scalpers, and see a whole bunch of parts in the set I will gladly use for MOCs. I also blame scalpers and re-sellers of minifigs and EVERYONE who buys from such creatures for the raise in the cost of such sets, because looking at the ridiculous prices for which some minifigures are sold by re-sellers, LEGO clearly took a lesson in pricing their sets including such minifigures. So, whoever is continuing buying minifigures from re-sellers - good job, and thank you, thank you very much! :thumbdown::hmpf_bad:

LEGO is pricing their sets based on re-sellers? Suuuuuure thing...

Do you not think they do their market research? While I don't believe they base it 100% on resellers, I can guarantee there is a % of pricing that has been affected due to research on resellers and what they get, while still trying to show some sort of good value.

Do you really think Lego do NOT pay attention to the value to which people are willing to pay for a parted out minifigure and then ignore the fact they are literally doing themselves out of money, which after all, is exactly why they are in the business, to make money??

I think that he is saying that they have more of an influence than most presume after all if you were pricing sets and you saw that one minifig alone was selling for ridiculous amounts you would realise that you could increase profit margins without the other wise expected loss of consumers.

You bring up some excellent points. I'm just wondering what next year will bring. So far we are expecting two new ucs sets, rogue one sets and at least a handful of other sets including this frigate that's overly popular on this forum ha!

I should rephrase this to "my wallet is curious..."

The frigate comes out this year.....

I am not saying LEGO doesn't check resellers, what i don't understand is that on one hand we are usually saying group of AFOL is too small to have any real influence on what LEGO does but on the other hand suddenly the same group buying Minifigs from resellers should directly impact pricing of the sets.

I think that he is saying that they have more of an influence than most presume after all if you were pricing sets and you saw that one minifig alone was selling for ridiculous amounts you would realise that you could increase profit margins without the other wise expected loss of consumers.

The frigate comes out this year.....

I know so do the 2 ucs and rogue one sets. What I meant was, those sets are coming out this year, but I wonder what is in the works for next year...

I am not saying LEGO doesn't check resellers, what i don't understand is that on one hand we are usually saying group of AFOL is too small to have any real influence on what LEGO does but on the other hand suddenly the same group buying Minifigs from resellers should directly impact pricing of the sets.

But we know ourselves that it isn't just AFOL's that buy the parted out minifigs. Minifigs are extremely popular with the children/young teens, and they will most certainly get their fair share of them through resellers. No one said it is just AFOL's that are buying the resold minifigs.

I understand what you're saying and I agree. But when you miss stuff due to your dark ages, you have no choice but to buy from re-sellers and third parties. My son wanted a Rancor pit set, I found one at a LEGO fair, I paid $95 for it. It was retired, but it was still sealed in the box. My son wanted some Indiana Jones figures. They're retired, I paid $6 for each of them. Not too bad since they aren't made anymore. Now, if I want a figure that is readily available in a currently produced set, I'll buy the set. I wanted 3 more BARC trooper figures last month, I ordered 3 from a third party since the Saleucami set is retired. He ended up only having 2 and refunded me the cost of 1. Then the other day, I was at the Walmart near my work and lo and behold, there was a Saleucami set sitting on the shelf with all the new stuff. I bought it and got my 4th BARC trooper and my second Saleucami set. Trust me, I know if you look hard enough and in plenty of places, you may get lucky and find something that is retired still sitting on the shelf at a store. But I know re-sellers and third parties are a necessary evil if you want something unavailable. If I could find series 1 Simpsons figures at a store, I certainly wouldn't have paid $5 each for the ones I bought the other day from a re-seller. I do respect your opinion though, you make a vaild point. Especially in regards to figures you can get easily in available sets. I will be getting one of the Frigates because I love Star Wars Rebels and because Ahsoka is one of my favorite characters. My only gripe is that they should have included another Zeb figure and maybe a Seventh Sister. Perhaps a Seventh Sister polybag in the near future?

Edited by JPN366