Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I haven't been able to see many of the leaked images. What/how many figs are in the AT-ST?

There are three.

AT-ST pilot, the guy with red armor, and an unidentified Rebel trooper.

I have the original AT-ST, but got out of collecting for some years so I didn't get a chance to get an updated one. Needless to say the new one is on my list

I must say I am impressed by the R1 line-up. Perhaps my expectations were just low after seeing how they handled and still handle Rebels...

Anyway the builds look nice, the minifig selection is good, and the minifigs themselves seem to be well designed with lots of new moulds (although I am not totally convinced of Krennic's hair...).

My greatest concern is the tank: I hope it's hatches open so that at least one Tank Trooper can drive in it.

I am also a bit surprised that the smallest set is already quite big (in the 40 Euro range, with 3 minifigs; rather than a small set like Rey's Speeder).

I must say I am impressed by the R1 line-up. Perhaps my expectations were just low after seeing how they handled and still handle Rebels...

Anyway the builds look nice, the minifig selection is good, and the minifigs themselves seem to be well designed with lots of new moulds (although I am not totally convinced of Krennic's hair...).

My greatest concern is the tank: I hope it's hatches open so that at least one Tank Trooper can drive in it.

I am also a bit surprised that the smallest set is already quite big (in the 40 Euro range, with 3 minifigs; rather than a small set like Rey's Speeder).

Thing is with Krennic's hair is that it appears to be the wrong color; it shows him having blonde hair instead of grayish blonde. Analyzed the upcoming tank and you can definitly fit at least one of the tank driver in it, and there is a top hatch for him to pop up. Sadly the second hatch on the tank doesn't appear to open though, given it's relative small size. Edited by RetroInferno

I can't remember if they're doing another Force Friday thing or not. If they were, it'd probably be on that day.

Friday 30th September is Force Friday this year. Rogue One sets are due to be released on that day, l'm sure I have read that somewhere.

Disney made a billion dollars off of last Force Friday so I believe they are probably going to do it again. I feel like i've read that they were before as well.

I was just having a closer look at the Rogue One minifigure chart. What looks like a gunnery crewman in 75154 appears to be a composite version of a gunner and naval trooper (the helmet dome has holes instead of the imperial cog). The minifig printing and landing lights seen in the box art seem to match Jyn's outfit at the end of the trailer.

Kman needs to get out of the SW area a bit more often.

:laugh:

I haven't been able to see many of the leaked images. What/how many figs are in the AT-ST?

Well, Kman also goes to Technic, and upcoming sets of City and Marvel superheros :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Friday 30th September is Force Friday this year. Rogue One sets are due to be released on that day, l'm sure I have read that somewhere.

I can confirm this, I do remember reading that somewhere.

Hey guys, I think this'll be the only time I ever do this, but I'm warning you - leaks like this should NOT be shared, even if it's final. If you get them be careful, I've learned this recently. I'm hearing rumblings of The LEGO Group threatening legal action for original sources for these types of pictures.

This wasn't straight from LEGO, you can take this as a grain of salt if you want, but don't say I didn't warn you. :sad:

Please let me know who is sitting in a jail cell for hosting pictures of toys? Perhaps just the name of someone crushed by a huge fine from Lego? Can't? Oh really? Don't try and frighten us with your sorcerers ways!

Anyway, LOVE these new sets. The figures are wonderful, so detailed and loads of new parts. Odd that there is very little that's clearly 'star wars' (not even one Stormtrooper?), factoring how close Rogue One is set to A New Hope all these new troops / ships clash a bit, where was this hardware lurking...

Edited by TheBrickHitHouse

I just picked up the 'UCS' Assault on Hoth, for £110!

As long as this wasn't through eBay and they had several sets all sealed for ridiculously low prices then you should be fine.

Please let me know who is sitting in a jail cell for hosting pictures of toys? Perhaps just the name of someone crushed by a huge fine from Lego? Can't? Oh really? Don't try and frighten us with your sorcerers ways!

Anyway, LOVE these new sets. The figures are wonderful, so detailed and loads of new parts. Odd that there is very little that's clearly 'star wars' (not even one Stormtrooper?), factoring how close Rogue One is set to A New Hope all these new troops / ships clash a bit, where was this hardware lurking...

Don't give J2G any back talk! :laugh:

Edited by Kman860

Mmmm.....I'm a tad disappointed by the sets themselves for Rogue One. Something seems to be lacking for a few of them, but I'll reserve final judgement for when we get clearer pics. AT-ST seems like the must-buy of the wave...TIE striker might be cool, especially for its minifigure selection. Not sure about the Shuttle, but I do not like the U-wing design at all. That's not LEGO's fault, ditto with the tank. Just...they're not aesthetically pleasing to my eyes. Minifigures rock as usual though.

*spits coffee*

140CAN for the turbo tank!?? That is insane!

I very rarely post about new sets -let alone complain- but this is ridiculous! 903 pieces, 4 minifigures and a shrunken Turbo Tank for 140CAN?

I don't recall having this reaction after seeing the AT-AT, the Star Destroyer or the Republic Gunship. Maybe it's been a while since I've seen Star Wars prices.

I know the feels, I am seriously scaling back on LEGO SW going forward >< Just getting a decent force of FO Stormies and Rebels has cost way too much for the end volume in LEGO I got. Specially in Japanese prices. The good thing is it makes it easy to knock items off a list as prices become clearer. Down side is there are many desired sets I will just never have.

I just picked up the 'UCS' Assault on Hoth, for £110!

You paid 110 quids too much for it :(

You paid 110 quids too much for it :(

This.

As for Rogue One, just that black shuttle thing for me, I think.