Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I've been ignoring the ongoing price debate until now, but after seeing Poes X-Wing and the Resistance X-Wing next to each other on S@H with a £10 difference in price, it really brings it home that we're being ripped off. It's the same build just with different colours, same number of minifigures, both with an additional little side build. It makes zero sense, and for the first time in a long while, I won't be rushing to pick up sets in the day of release - role in £20 discounts on Amazon.

... but after seeing Poes X-Wing and the Resistance X-Wing next to each other on S@H with a £10 difference in price ...

Strange, they're both $80 on the US S@H.

Yeah they're both $80 in the US. That's where my complaint comes from, not only are the prices incredibly steep elsewhere, there's also an unnecessary difference in price between the two.

What's up with the £10 difference of the price tag with both of the X-Wing in some countries? The new one only has more 23 pieces than the previous version, and the previous version isn't even close to been retired yet! Lucky that I have bought the previous version before the new one came out.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

Good spot / shout AY, I'd not noticed that when I checked Lego's shop - wonder why that is? you would have thought Poe's X-wing being the 'hero' ship would have the kudos and any price uplift....whilst I like the blue x-wing the wing design still bugs me so paying an extra £10 is just ticking me off.....A-wing it is then I guess...

Looking forward to these new sets. Haven't been released in Japan yet though

Edited by Juke

Just saw new sets in Zagreb, Croatia lego mono brand store.

146 euro CTT

160 euro rex atte

107 euro x wing

What the hell!?!?!?!?!? This is crazy.

*spits coffee*

140CAN for the turbo tank!?? That is insane!

I very rarely post about new sets -let alone complain- but this is ridiculous! 903 pieces, 4 minifigures and a shrunken Turbo Tank for 140CAN?

I don't recall having this reaction after seeing the AT-AT, the Star Destroyer or the Republic Gunship. Maybe it's been a while since I've seen Star Wars prices.

The AT-AT was 129,99 CAN, Star Destroyer and Gunship were both 149,99 CAN. All of these are better deals than that Turbo Tank though.

I'm also giving my blood to amazing bricks if he elaborates on that proper stormtrooper battle pack rumor of his :wink:

I've been ignoring the ongoing price debate until now, but after seeing Poes X-Wing and the Resistance X-Wing next to each other on S@H with a £10 difference in price, it really brings it home that we're being ripped off. It's the same build just with different colours, same number of minifigures, both with an additional little side build. It makes zero sense, and for the first time in a long while, I won't be rushing to pick up sets in the day of release - role in £20 discounts on Amazon.

Amen.

Who says we can't get a normal storm trooper battle pack next year? :)

I believe in you Amazingbricks, but I'll believe this one when I see it :) Why would they give in now after all these years of denying us it?

Do you think that TLG made the Encounter on Jakku set "one quarter portion" of Niima Outpost on purpose as a joke or something?

Who says we can't get a normal storm trooper battle pack next year? :)

Any chance this hinted at storm trooper battle pack might include the zombie businessman's hair in black AB? Just for when they take their helmets off?

;)

Any chance this hinted at storm trooper battle pack might include the zombie businessman's hair in black AB? Just for when they take their helmets off?

;)

Thia isn't necessary to bring up here. I understand you're trying to be funny, but completely unnecessary. That's all I know.

We Americans usually have the best prices... but dang, this wave is PRICEY! Except for the StarScavenger and black ship with Dengar, but nobody's going to buy those given all the Force Awakens and Rebels stuff. CTT is really quite small for $110, the TIE set has 2 $30-sized ships for $90, the X-Wing is a reskin of the last one with none of the build issues fixed for the same price, and Rex's AT-TE is $20 more than I would pay for a 972-piece set with a mere 5 minifigures. Not to mention the Jakku outpost, which is really frickin' tiny for a $60 set and ugly to boot.

The only set here I MIGHT get is the TIE/A-Wing because it's actually a great pair of models.

We Americans usually have the best prices... but dang, this wave is PRICEY! Except for the StarScavenger and black ship with Dengar, but nobody's going to buy those given all the Force Awakens and Rebels stuff. CTT is really quite small for $110, the TIE set has 2 $30-sized ships for $90, the X-Wing is a reskin of the last one with none of the build issues fixed for the same price, and Rex's AT-TE is $20 more than I would pay for a 972-piece set with a mere 5 minifigures. Not to mention the Jakku outpost, which is really frickin' tiny for a $60 set and ugly to boot.

The only set here I MIGHT get is the TIE/A-Wing because it's actually a great pair of models.

alot of nobodys must be buying sets because my walmart had only one left and the day before there was 20

A few pages back we had a discussion about the U-Wing Lego set and if the vehicle would indeed be a troop transport rather than the star fighter it is labeled as. This blog presents some evidence that the U-Wing will be the former rather than the latter:

https://stormtrooperlarry.com/2016/05/29/the-u-wing-is-not-a-starfighter/

While he does use a lot of the points of argument that some folks on here did use to support the idea of a TT (not me, I thought it was a fighter) it is still an interesting read. I, for one, really hope that if this is true that we would get a $120 or $150 version of this rather than the rumored $90-$100 so the set can do the size of the vehicle justice.

A few pages back we had a discussion about the U-Wing Lego set and if the vehicle would indeed be a troop transport rather than the star fighter it is labeled as. This blog presents some evidence that the U-Wing will be the former rather than the latter:

https://stormtrooperlarry.com/2016/05/29/the-u-wing-is-not-a-starfighter/

While he does use a lot of the points of argument that some folks on here did use to support the idea of a TT (not me, I thought it was a fighter) it is still an interesting read. I, for one, really hope that if this is true that we would get a $120 or $150 version of this rather than the rumored $90-$100 so the set can do the size of the vehicle justice.

I've read this quite a few places, and I really hope it's true. It's the one thing the rebel aliance lacks. A decent drobship/troop carrier. Pretty much all major forces in every film have one. It would be an excellent addition to the new Lego sets. My rebel forces may soon finaly have a way to be transported to the front!

As someone who doesn't follow this thread, I'm sorry if this has already been addressed, but does anyone know why the luggabeast is blue? It's really bugging me. :wacko: