Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

A Walmart near my work had the X-Wing and AT-TE in stock, but the bar code wouldn't scan at the aisle price checker. I wish there was some way to convince an employee to sell them to me for $40 and $60.

No because VAT rates are different in different countries. Belgium has it pretty bad for eg.

The problem with these ridiculous prices is that even with the usual Amazon sales, a 30% reduction isn't going to make a grossly overpriced set more attractive for buyers. Im still not biting on some of the TFA first wave sets, despite the sales. Stuff like the X-Wing are still too expensive at 69 euros (c. 30% off, ie).

VAT in Belgium is 21%, in Germany it's 19%... doesn't really explains an almost 10% difference in price I believe, it probably has mostly to do with other factors (economies of scale for example).

Aside from the differences, I do agree that the prices are generally high, but I can't help but noticing that despite these high prizes Lego-shelves were empty last Christmas season...

AT-ACT is all terrain armored cargo transport. Also the tan troopers are shoretroopers.

Interesting, I thought it was 'combat' after seeing it written somewhere in the recent 'info leak' about it... Where did you see it mention it meaning 'cargo'?

I'm convinced considering the current information we have the AT-ACT is to transport vehicles like AT-STs, which would explain the taller mid carriage.

Pretty sure I read somewhere also, that the AT-AT could also carry I think 1 or 2 AT-ST's in a modified interior version of it... So that doesn't really bear much difference.

Interesting, I thought it was 'combat' after seeing it written somewhere in the recent 'info leak' about it... Where did you see it mention it meaning 'cargo'?

In today's episode of Lucasfilm's The Star Wars Show. Death Troopers confirmed, Shoretroopers & All-Terrain Armored Cargo Transport names revealed.

Shore troopers -____-

Which ones are they though? Not keen on the name but man I love all the new imperial designs.

A new promo coming is a Rebel A-Wing Pilot in a red suit.

Wonder if that connects to that A-Wing that was supposed to come out.

Interesting, thanks for the info

Edited by Duncan Young

Rebel as in Rebels the show? Or an OT pilot?

Rebel as in Rebels the show? Or an OT pilot?

It's from Rebels.

rebels14_e1be4e92642afe57b341069353203642,4,0-0-1920-1080.jpg

That guy.

Shore troopers -____-

Which ones are they though? Not keen on the name but man I love all the new imperial designs.

Shoretroopers are the ones with the tan helmets & armor we see running with stormies inside the Imperial base about 1:13 into the teaser trailer (not to be confused with the tank-troopers seen earlier in the trailer, or in the leaked Visual Story Guide pages... the two types of troopers have big 'visor' things across their foreheads, but that's their main similarity)

Shoretroopers? I... I don't like this name very much.

News of a new pilot minifigure makes me happy, I always want more pilots.

any other info on this promotional item?

also whats the release date for the book with the y-wing microfighter

also whats the release date for the book with the y-wing microfighter

August 2, according to Amazon.

Shoretroopers? I... I don't like this name very much.

Could be an informal name, never used by any characters on-screen or even 'officially' by the Empire itself. It's not like anyone ever said "sandtrooper", "snowtrooper", or "biker scout" in the OT itself, after all!

2nd August in the UK Lego Star Wars: Build Your Own Adventure https://www.amazon.c...i_gPHrxbCRZ7FQ9

Can't wait for a look at the new A wing pilot. I'd love to see a non-human - maybe L'ulo from the Poe Dameron comic.

Unfortunately, all of the pilots on Rebels are Human, so an alien pilot is very unlikely.

It's great that we are getting that male red suited pilot, since the A-wing was released I really wanted both the male and female versions. Also, it's another generic minifigure to add to the non-existent 'generic' crew of the upcoming Rebel Combat Frigate.

Could be an informal name, never used by any characters on-screen or even 'officially' by the Empire itself. It's not like anyone ever said "sandtrooper", "snowtrooper", or "biker scout" in the OT itself, after all!

Even as an informal name I don't really like it. It's... a little too specific compared to sandtrooper and snowtrooper. Like, just the shore? Why shore? Unless there is something else, or maybe if water-based troops, but aah... I don't know. At least they look interesting and should make good minifigs.

VAT in Belgium is 21%, in Germany it's 19%... doesn't really explains an almost 10% difference in price I believe, it probably has mostly to do with other factors (economies of scale for example).

Aside from the differences, I do agree that the prices are generally high, but I can't help but noticing that despite these high prizes Lego-shelves were empty last Christmas season...

Well in Ireland the VAT is 23% for toys with Ireland being Europe's fastest growing economy at the moment. I contacted Smyths about the prices of the new Star Wars lego sets being different compared to other EU countries in my local shop and I was told they'd get back to me.

Can't wait for a look at the new A wing pilot. I'd love to see a non-human - maybe L'ulo from the Poe Dameron comic.

At least we should get another Y-wing helmet here (even if it's classified as a B-wing helmet on Bricklink), tho that might mean the pilot will have an opaque gold visor print on at least one side of his face (ala the goggles on AT-ST Drivers)... not ideal. :hmpf_bad:

...but you can make your own passable L'ulo right now with the existing ROTJ A-wing pilot body & helmet, and either a Starhopper Cad Bane or Battlefront Rebel Alliance Battlepack Duros head! Sure, L'ulo's a little more turquoise in a shade Lego doesn't really have right now (somewhere between Sand Green and Aqua, but not quite as light would probably be about right), but either of those might work nice enough for now. His helmet deco ideally should be different, too, but the basic A-wing helmet is close enough, as it doesn't have brown on top like the other uses of the mold.