Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Maybe she always wears a hat in the movie? Its not even an iconic hat as well. Endor commando helm would be understandable. Must be her hat though

I ended up buying all of Constractables wave 1 but only Phasma on a whim from the second wave. Don't think I'm going to continue with the Rogue One constractables, the builds on modern Bionicle are just too flimsy (those grey socket extenders are the cancer of the medium). Deathtrooper and the K250 look solid enough.

It's kinda annoying for me that you only get 4 minifigures from the TIE Advance vs A-Wing with that price tag while you can get 4-7 minifigures in slightly cheaper sets (FO Transporter, Death Star Final Duel), so yeah the argument about the lack of minifigures is kinda valid.

In fairness, the two examples you cite are not great comparisons. The Final Duel has only a net ~2 new figures (Vader all-new, Luke very slight update with the flap-up, Emperor no longer exclusive to a book) and 2 junk figures (red guards are relevant to the setting but already a glut were available in battlepacks, should have been Janus Greejatus or Sim Aloo or both). The FO Transporter's only real claims to fame minifigure-wise are Phasma and the 2 Flametroopers - FO Stormies are battlepack fodder and the Resistance troopers are not particularly special, though the female one is still technically a (rather dull) exclusive. The Vader's TIE vs A-wing has 4 new figures (Vader costume change is a critical alternate version, Sabine s2 is a major improvement while still not perfect, Tarkin is spectacular despite some folks' issue with the coloration, and the A-wing pilot herself is new), so it comes out better minifigure-wise than either of those you compared it to. Even if you roll back further and compare to the Sith Infiltrator at the same pricepoint it's better (only 2 new figures there, both of them pretty minor updates).

Maybe she always wears a hat in the movie? Its not even an iconic hat as well. Endor commando helm would be understandable. Must be her hat though

So far we've only seen her bare-headed: at Yavin Base, on the transport, in the action scene fighting stormies...

There are a number of helmets in the film, not just Endor/Hoth/Tantive IV(Yavin)-style. There's at least one new type of hat visible on multiple Rebels in the teaser trailer, but I'm not sure it really matches the one in this Lego figure...

In fairness, the two examples you cite are not great comparisons. The Final Duel has only a net ~2 new figures (Vader all-new, Luke very slight update with the flap-up, Emperor no longer exclusive to a book) and 2 junk figures (red guards are relevant to the setting but already a glut were available in battlepacks, should have been Janus Greejatus or Sim Aloo or both). The FO Transporter's only real claims to fame minifigure-wise are Phasma and the 2 Flametroopers - FO Stormies are battlepack fodder and the Resistance troopers are not particularly special, though the female one is still technically a (rather dull) exclusive. The Vader's TIE vs A-wing has 4 new figures (Vader costume change is a critical alternate version, Sabine s2 is a major improvement while still not perfect, Tarkin is spectacular despite some folks' issue with the coloration, and the A-wing pilot herself is new), so it comes out better minifigure-wise than either of those you compared it to. Even if you roll back further and compare to the Sith Infiltrator at the same pricepoint it's better (only 2 new figures there, both of them pretty minor updates).

Good post, but I'm not talking about the exclusiveness of the minifigures, I'm talking about the value. I mean, what's the point of spending $90 on the TIE Advance vs A-Wing set where you only get 700 pieces with only 4 minifigures while you can get more pieces and more minifigures in slightly cheaper or more expensive set!? For example, 75104 has 6 minifigures and 1005 pieces, and it only cost $30 more than the TIE Advance vs A-Wing set. 75102 also has 4 minifigures (and 3 of them are exclusive to the set) and 717 pieces, and it only cost $10 less.

Edited by ArmstrongYong

I completely agree with some points people made in posts above. Since last year price per piece ratio in SW sets has been far off. I somewhat understand why they overpriced TFA set( hype for return of SW), but trend of overpricing is continuing the n 2016. First half of the year sets with 2 exceptions was pretty fair priced, but the same can't be said about summer sets. Vaders Tie- 20$ overpriced, CTT -20$ , Rex's At-Te-20$. Encounter on Jakku isn't that overpriced, but builds size doesn't justify price. X-wing is still overpriced, but price is the same as 2015 set-ok. Only Freemakers sets are great value, both being lower than 10 cents per piece. The amount of minifigs in sets also pretty bad:3 biggest sets Vaders Tie, CTT, Rex's At-Te have too little minifigs. 90$ Vader set should at least have 1 more minifig like Zeb( who only ever appeared in 1 set), CTT should at least add 2 more Clone troopers, At-Te should also add 2 more minifigs and clones helmets. The rest of summer sets have fair amount of minifigs in them.

Edited by benderisgreat

summer wave - lottttt of studs and cheese slopes, smallest ever builds/ vehicles, less than usual amount of minifigs(or mediocre ones) and ta-da HIGHHHHHHHHHHH price.

BUT - summer wave is apsolutely GREAT if you are 1x1 studs/cheese collector.

Edited by Davor

It looks extremely similar to an AT-AT. Regardless of what is ever so slightly different to give it a new name, it is essentially probably 90% the same as an AT-AT. And so the lego version will look pretty much exactly the same too, minus the chin guns, and probably 2 or 4 1x1 trans tiles to represent the wider front viewport. Nothing significant, just another way to give us another AT-AT in Lego form.

I think it would be cool if they made Chewbacca and Zeb into slightly bigger figures. Not as big as the bigfigs, but something in between like the Axl figure from NEXO Knights.

I think it would be cool if they made Chewbacca and Zeb into slightly bigger figures. Not as big as the bigfigs, but something in between like the Axl figure from NEXO Knights.

That seems a little too big (particularly the arms)... for Chewie, I still kinda wish they'd give him Woody legs, or something a plate or two shorter but still taller than regular minifig legs. That could work for Zeb, too, I suppose... Woody arms, as well. It'd make designing a Falcon cockpit he could sit in with Han/Rey/whomever a little more challenging, tho.

I would rather they didn't.

maybe then but not like axl his disproportionate arms look ok on him but they wouldn't suit zeb or chewie plus there both too lanky for the reg ular legs with a massive body and woody legs are too big I think regular minifigs work best though zeb could do with shoulder armour.

Nothing significant, just another way to give us another AT-AT in Lego form.

I'll take it as long it is not an underwhelming rehash of 75054, like the snowspeeder from the "Hoth (non existing) Assault" set. Also it would be nice if we get some new pieces featured exclusively for this particular set.

I'm not claiming this is revolutionary, but I quite often just stand Chewie or Vader on pairs of colour-matched 1x1 plates - like extra little shoes! Not a perfect solution, but gives the difference in height that's needed.

I also use the "extra shoes" method, as I don't believe either have to be too tall.

I actually don't mind them, they have more articulation than Hasbro figures at 5 moment.

I noticed that too, I mean I haven't started buying TLG version instead of hasbro, and I don't like human faces on TLG versions, I I'll pick up a helmeted (or Grievous) fig now and then.

I too think that Zeb would look great with shoulder armor. He really needs some bulk, because when the minifigs were first revealed (before the actual character designs were) I couldn't tell that he was supposed to be the muscle of the group.

Also, why is a walker that looks 90% like an AT-AT called an AT-ACT while the vastly different walkers seen in Rebels are still called AT-AT?

I think it stands for all terrain armored combat transport-as in it's meant to deliver troops and provide cover fire (but isn't that what the standard AT-AT does?).

Edited by Kman860

AT-ATs probably have heavier firepower and are meant as the primary means of assault, while AT-ACTs are probably more about delivering troops into hostile situations. Heavily-armored landing boats with guns, maybe.

There's no way the AT-ACT is a predecessor to the AT-AT; I'm near certain it's just a variant with a slightly different purpose. Back in the old EU we saw AT-AT variants, and we're starting to see them again, so nothing extraordinary.

I'm convinced considering the current information we have the AT-ACT is to transport vehicles like AT-STs, which would explain the taller mid carriage.

The Rogue One sets are just too exciting! Perhaps the U-Wing if it's a transport will be the most expensive set, along the lines of the FO Dropship? $90/80 is more in that range.

Edited by Forresto