Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Mmmm. :wub: All three look incredible, but Sabine and Vader really take the cake. Vader's robe and the way those bright buttons stand out is making me real excited. Sabine's dark orange hands, redesigned pants, and torso printing make me weak in the knees. Once again, the TIE Advanced set is the only must-buy for me this summer.

Vader looks great as an ANH Vader (tho I suspect he might also appear in the Death Star set that way... but probably with a new head just to mess with us), Sabine's redeco is really, really nice (hair still stinks, but the color's good!), and Tarkin...good face, but still a mistake in the uniform color.

Reddit and youtube is salty about the prices. You cant say one thing about them with out people going "But the a-wing and tie should be 50$" "when i was a kid that would have been 25" "why the f**k does unkar have that ugly head mold"

They dont get that

1. hype for new movies drive up the price.

2. better quality then back when it would have been 25

3. Alot of new molds and figures

4. Unkar would have been impossible without a molded head

5. Also money inflation, Lego has to keep up. cant stay the pricing of the 80s forever

Great hi-res pictures, thanks!

Tarkin's new face really looks amazing! Too bad his uniform isn't grey, but considering the source material that makes sense of course!

Lor San Tekka looks great too! And I love the new torso for Poe Dameron :purrr:

Regards,

Mitch

The A-Wing vs. Tie set is still very overpriced. Even for current SW standards. They could have at least given Sabine a helmet & arm printing. They also did it for the wookiees.

But still, I bought the set as soon as I saw it in my Toys R us. At all I'm just a fanatic Vader/Tarkin/OT & Rebels fan :devil:

Sabine is much much better than the first version & Vader's ANH torso is excellent. I but the ISD head on his torso, looks a lot like the scene from the Rebels S2 finale. Sabine's black arms can easily be updated with ones that have armprinting. Also tried to put Tarkin's head onto a grey officer body - Maybe it's just me, but I somehow find the dark tan more accurate.

Also bought the Eclipse today - although I don't have a connection with the figures, they look great. & the vehicle's are very advanced for the price.

Well like I said, and as has been stated by Disney, the text in those images is placeholder stuff and not correct.

Not sure where you're seeing the size difference. Aside from it being completely impossible to tell the size from the new pictures, the ship still looks almost exactly the same as the original concept art we got, down to the size of the cockpit. Also, we know from leaked images from filming that the ship is indeed a very large craft in the final movie. Here's a crashed U-wing, which you can see is much larger than an X-wing sized craft.

You have some great points and I totally hope you are correct. My favorite SW ships are troop transports like the Republic Gunship. I guess we will find out in a few months.

The minifigures from the TIE Advanced vs A-Wing set is great, but the price is absolutely a joke! I mean that Poe's X-Wing and the Death Star Final Duel set has 20-30 more pieces than the TIE Advanced vs A-Wing set and both set only cost $80!

Saw the new star wars sets at my local toysrus. I'd recommend checking your stores.

They won't be available to buy in Irish shops until June 1st at the very least. No info on when exactly the new lego sets will be available to buy in my local area.

That Vader looks figure looks great

A ToysRUs employee told me they expect to get these sets in June in California.

Should I bother checking my toysrus? I live in Tennessee, maybe it's worth the visit but I sure hate to see the same old stuff

Should I bother checking my toysrus? I live in Tennessee, maybe it's worth the visit but I sure hate to see the same old stuff

Just don't do what I did in January and stop at Target every day after work hoping the spring wave would be out. :grin:

Edited by Forresto

I think it's safe to say most TRUs are probably putting these out now. They usually get some kind of dibs on putting sets out earlier than other stores.

Our VA TRU had them out on Thursday (19 May)

Just don't do what I did in January and stop at Target every day after work hoping the spring wave would be out. :grin:

Same here, man. :P

Hey everyone, I'm new here, and I have been collecting LEGI Star Wars for about 10 years.

So anyway, I wanted to make my first post in regards to the new Tie Advanced vs A-Wing set. I know that most people (including myself) have seen this as a highly overpriced set. However, after purchasing the set I have chosen to now refute this point because the two ships are incredibly well designed and the minifigs are top notch as well. While the set should ideally cost around $75~, I am very satisfied with my purchase and highly recommend the set to any OT and or Rebels fans. The Tie Advanced is very sturdy and has perfect curvature based on the original model as well as its proportions. Also, the A Wing finally has finally been done justice because IMO the past models have been too small. If I had to choose I would personally argue that the A Wing is slightly better than Vaders Tie probably because the grey/green colors look so nice.

Just so you all know, I found all the summer sets at my TRU in Maine.

Haha sweet glad to know i'm not the only one! :laugh:

Hey everyone, I'm new here, and I have been collecting LEGI Star Wars for about 10 years.

So anyway, I wanted to make my first post in regards to the new Tie Advanced vs A-Wing set. I know that most people (including myself) have seen this as a highly overpriced set. However, after purchasing the set I have chosen to now refute this point because the two ships are incredibly well designed and the minifigs are top notch as well. While the set should ideally cost around $75~, I am very satisfied with my purchase and highly recommend the set to any OT and or Rebels fans. The Tie Advanced is very sturdy and has perfect curvature based on the original model as well as its proportions. Also, the A Wing finally has finally been done justice because IMO the past models have been too small. If I had to choose I would personally argue that the A Wing is slightly better than Vaders Tie probably because the grey/green colors look so nice.

Welcome to EB! :classic:

That's good to hear especially from someone who thought it was overpriced. How does the A-Wing hold together? I heard that there were a bunch of moving parts involved which to me always seems finicky?

Kylo's shuttle was only off by one piece, the Falcon was off by three. I think that was it. Here's their original article (bottom of the page): http://www.bzpower.c...ory.php?ID=7384

Ok, so these are gonna be pretty acurate :sweet:

I'm with PicnicBasketSam- my money's on the TIE striker set coming with more than the fighter.

So cool that we saw the U-Wing last year! I bet the U-Wing also makes an appearance in the RO trailer, as the ship Jyn is riding in.

I agree too.

I think it's safe to say most TRUs are probably putting these out now. They usually get some kind of dibs on putting sets out earlier than other stores.

Which is why they're putting small shops out of business.

I would too, but I live about 3 minutes driving from where I work :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: So I gotta go out of my way anyways :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Welcome to EB! :classic:

That's good to hear especially from someone who thought it was overpriced. How does the A-Wing hold together? I heard that there were a bunch of moving parts involved which to me always seems finicky?

Thanks!

The A Wing holds together very nicely and is very sturdy. The only piece that you could argue is slightly easy to break-off are the back fins. Like you said there are a lot of moving parts and the fins can twist from side to side, like the fighter is turning. I think it would be better if the landing gear was just slightly longer because the fins go down just as much as the landing gear so if you put the ship down to hard the bottom piece may come off when it touches the ground.

I did stop at my TRU and they had all but the ctt, the tie vs a wing is great, worth it to me.

For whatever mine was missing the Turbo Tank as well. Do you think it may be an exclusive? Seems a bit odd that they had all the other sets except that one.

For those that have the 2010 model of the CTT and the new one, is it worth the upgrade?

Welcome, can't agree with you more the set is designed awesomely

Noice profile pic