Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

That picture makes the U-Wings much better.

I wholeheartedly concur and can't wait to see what they do in the film. Im still trying to picture how the s foils will work on this and like others I think the wings will open from a U to an upside down T (They'll probably flair out to the sides).

Considering most of the sets seem heavily Imperial (that's certainly not a bad thing) I hope the U Wing is only Rebels and is along the lines of the FO dropship. Imagine seven figures that would be awesome!

Just saw Brickshows review of Clone Turbo Tank, and I am so dissapointed by this set! I had high hopes for its after seeing out of the box pictures, but this set is lackluster to say the least. No interior and red steering wheel!!! What was Lego thinking? Also the amount of minifigures is horrible: 4 minifigures (2 new) and 2 battle droids. That's a norm for 110$ set now? The Kashyyyk troopers Battlepack from 2014 is discontinued, why exactly they couldn't include 2 more clones, especially for such overpriced set? The only good thing about this set are 2 Jedi : Luminara and Quilan, but even 2 great minifigures can't justify buying this overpriced set. Before reviews came out I though At-Te was crappy and CTT was great, but now my opinion changed 360 degrees. At-Te now seems like worthy set.

Yeah it does seems very lack-luster, although both the AT-TE and CTT featured not enough troops to carry. The complete lack of an interior for troop carying purposes is very bad. The exterior seems fine but that's about it, and it looks quite small too.

OK... I'm thinking tank is $30, AT-ST is $40, and TIE Striker is $70. The last TIE we had was $70, so why not this one?

The last TIE was also a 2-seater and had loads of noodly bits, like the 'treads' on the inside of the wings, and lots of plates used for the wings. The Striker's wings are much smaller in terms of area, so could be a lot less parts-intensive. I'd put it somewhere between the TIE Advanced Prototype and the First Order Special Forces TIE maybe...tho there's nothing on the price list that'd match that. So if it's more pieces than the Inquisitor's TIE, then it might indeed be the $70 set...in which case, I'd hope for a LOT of minifigs to account for the price, since parts alone shouldn't really get it there.

That picture makes the U-Wings much better.

Unfortunately it appears as if that picture was simply preliminary artwork. And it sounds like what was once imagined as a troop transport has been changed into a Starfighter in the final artwork. This happens a lot in the brainstorming process with big movies. Vehicles that were initially imagined as one type of ship may be completely redesigned by the end of the process. Sadly it appears as if the transport was ultimately redesigned into a fighter and that will be the set that we get in Lego form.

Unfortunately it appears as if that picture was simply preliminary artwork. And it sounds like what was once imagined as a troop transport has been changed into a Starfighter in the final artwork. This happens a lot in the brainstorming process with big movies. Vehicles that were initially imagined as one type of ship may be completely redesigned by the end of the process. Sadly it appears as if the transport was ultimately redesigned into a fighter and that will be the set that we get in Lego form.

What makes you think that? There have been no visual changes to the design from the concept art, it still has the troop bay underneath. The text in those images is all definitely placeholder stuff, none of it really talked about the stuff on the page at all.

OK... I'm thinking tank is $30, AT-ST is $40, and TIE Striker is $70. The last TIE we had was $70, so why not this one?

I agree. Then the two biggest sets would be the U-Wing and maybe that 4-winged Imperial Landing Craft.

The biggest set is only around 800 or 900 pieces though, and the Landing Craft looks like it's twice the size of Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle, so if it is this 900 piece set then I'm curious how they'll pull it off.

Even if it was changed last minute, it probably wouldn't have made a difference since LEGO uses concept art (just look at Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle).

Did we have accurate piece count this soon for TFA? Like, was the first report the right piece counts?

Did we have accurate piece count this soon for TFA? Like, was the first report the right piece counts?

Did some digging on this - BZPower reported prices and piece counts of the first TFA wave clear back in February of last year. Not all of the piece counts were exactly right, but most were.

Did some digging on this - BZPower reported prices and piece counts of the first TFA wave clear back in February of last year. Not all of the piece counts were exactly right, but most were.

How off were they? 10, 20, 100?

Just saw Brickshows review of Clone Turbo Tank, and I am so dissapointed by this set! I had high hopes for its after seeing out of the box pictures, but this set is lackluster to say the least. No interior and red steering wheel!!! What was Lego thinking? Also the amount of minifigures is horrible: 4 minifigures (2 new) and 2 battle droids. That's a norm for 110$ set now? The Kashyyyk troopers Battlepack from 2014 is discontinued, why exactly they couldn't include 2 more clones, especially for such overpriced set? The only good thing about this set are 2 Jedi : Luminara and Quilan, but even 2 great minifigures can't justify buying this overpriced set. Before reviews came out I though At-Te was crappy and CTT was great, but now my opinion changed 360 degrees. At-Te now seems like worthy set.

The Clone Turbo Tank is ok for me, but I agree that it should have an interior. Captain Rex's AT-TE looks bigger than the Turbo Tank, but there's absolutely no way I'll paying that much for it.

The Clone Turbo Tank is ok for me, but I agree that it should have an interior. Captain Rex's AT-TE looks bigger than the Turbo Tank, but there's absolutely no way I'll paying that much for it.

It's a bad set, pure and simple in every aspect, from the price over to the build to the all important minifigs..

Edited by firefox

It's a bad set, pure and simple in every aspect, from the price over to the build to the all important minifigs..

Which set are you talking about? The Turbo Tank or the AT-TE?

Well Captain Rex's AT-TE has a solid interior. And I do think they've done a good job in terms of accuracy and stability. The only thing I would criticise are the lack of helmets for the Clones, but aside from that I really like the set.

What makes you think that? There have been no visual changes to the design from the concept art, it still has the troop bay underneath. The text in those images is all definitely placeholder stuff, none of it really talked about the stuff on the page at all.

The biggest giveaway is the fact that is is referred to as a star fighter not a transport. Almost all the transport vehicles in the SW universe have their function reflected in their name. Compared to the preliminary artwork the star fighter is much smaller and what you are imagining as a troop bay underneath is simply too small to be used as such.

Even if it was changed last minute, it probably wouldn't have made a difference since LEGO uses concept art (just look at Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle).

I certainly agree that Lego has utilized concept art for final sets, often with somewhat disappointing results but at this point in the process Disney has a good idea of what their vehicles are going to look like. Disney wants to do their best to get accurate artwork to the companies who create their products. They make more money off of the toys than they do the movies themselves so they want Lego to get it right. A more accurate product means more money.

Listen, I hope you are both right I really do. When I first saw the concept art of the drop ship months ago I really hoped we would see it in Lego form. I just don't think it is going to happen.

Keep in mind, there might be more to the TIE Striker than just the ship itself... if they put in a few scenery builds to bump up the price of an otherwise-small fighter (Naboo N-1, I'm looking at you) it wouldn't surprise me. Also, I did actually look up the TIE Striker after posting that... wow. That looks strange. Can't wait to see how they pull that off in the brick.

The biggest giveaway is the fact that is is referred to as a star fighter not a transport. Almost all the transport vehicles in the SW universe have their function reflected in their name. Compared to the preliminary artwork the star fighter is much smaller and what you are imagining as a troop bay underneath is simply too small to be used as such.

Well like I said, and as has been stated by Disney, the text in those images is placeholder stuff and not correct. Notice how the text on that page doesn't refer to the U-wing whatsoever, and instead talks about Rebel starfighters as a whole. Or how the AT-ACT page talks exclusively about the AT-AT, not once mentioning the thing the page is actually supposed to be about. And then there's the character pages, which all basically say the exact same thing about every character. Given all of the inconsistencies and obvious placeholder text, I think it's fair to take any text on these pages with a grain of salt.

Not sure where you're seeing the size difference. Aside from it being completely impossible to tell the size from the new pictures, the ship still looks almost exactly the same as the original concept art we got, down to the size of the cockpit. Also, we know from leaked images from filming that the ship is indeed a very large craft in the final movie. Here's a crashed U-wing, which you can see is much larger than an X-wing sized craft.

I'm with PicnicBasketSam- my money's on the TIE striker set coming with more than the fighter.

So cool that we saw the U-Wing last year! I bet the U-Wing also makes an appearance in the RO trailer, as the ship Jyn is riding in.

Our friend over on Flickr, Hoth Bricks, is uploading lots of nice hi-res images of the newest Star Wars sets, so we can finally get good close up looks at them.

Now that we can better see some of the figures, I'm more impressed with those specifically in the A-Wing Set. Vader does have a nice Rebels style going on (with leg printing), and Tarkin looks great too. Sabine has a total redesign going on and looks amazing! :wub:

26526514214_2a9c28d19d_n.jpg 27063812061_356c0dbb66_n.jpg 27063837051_4dc0de1385_n.jpg