Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

I really hope those aren't the final designs. It just doesn't look right to me. If that's how they're going to look, then I may reconsider actually buying any set.

Those aren't final by any means... the artist got a little lazy, what with giving Diego Luna's character such light-colored hair, odd choices in hair pieces, goggles simply resting on black Kanan-hair... some of the torso prints look cool, and I really like the blue Hoth hat, but it's just a CG mockup based on the first cast photo, nothing more...

The price certainly seems absurd but smaller doesn't mean worse. It could be better built or crammed with more details that look good. I wouldn't paying that much if the model was near flawless. They were so close with Battle of Endor and that model parts wise didn't cost $70. There's a good chance and i'm excited for the potential!

Excellent I had a feeling.

Well, I think TLG strategy this year (in all themes) seems to be mediocre first wave(s), and knockout final waves.

Are there Rogue One set pics out? It seems people were just talking about them but i scrolled back and can't seem to find anything!

Those aren't final by any means... the artist got a little lazy, what with giving Diego Luna's character such light-colored hair, odd choices in hair pieces, goggles simply resting on black Kanan-hair... some of the torso prints look cool, and I really like the blue Hoth hat, but it's just a CG mockup based on the first cast photo, nothing more...

I hope you're right. But if I see those exact minifigures in the sets, I'm probably not going to get these sets.

Not sure how I feel about the new ship/vehicle designs in Rogue One. Kind of reminds me of the old EU where they kept creating new TIEs and rebel alphabet fighters for the sake of having them.

Also is it me or does Commander Sato have a different skin tone from the other characters in the Combat Frigate? Both on the boxart and the out-of-box pics he looks more tan like Palpatine compared to Ezra and Kallus.

As was said by them a few pages ago, the sets in specific that they had described to them are the AT-ST, TIE Striker, and U-wing. With that in mind, here's what we're probably looking at so far IMO:

75152 – 385 pieces; $29.99 – TIE Striker

75153 – 449 pieces; $39.99 – Imperial tank?

75154 – 543 pieces; $69.99 – AT-ST

75155 – 659 pieces; $79.99 – U-wing

75156 – 863 pieces; $89.99 – AT-ACT?

No way - the tank looks small enough for a 29,99 set while I highly doubt we'll ever see a TIE below 40-50 bucks - the Inquisitor's TIE Advanced was 40, the TIE Striker looks bigger. And unless the AT-ST is UCS-like in proportions and detail, it's a better guess for the 39,99 set.

Of course, there could always be some small structures, side vehicles and additional minigures to raise a set in price - just look at the Flash Speeder and AAT from 2015.

No way - the tank looks small enough for a 29,99 set while I highly doubt we'll ever see a TIE below 40-50 bucks - the Inquisitor's TIE Advanced was 40, the TIE Striker looks bigger. And unless the AT-ST is UCS-like in proportions and detail, it's a better guess for the 39,99 set.

Of course, there could always be some small structures, side vehicles and additional minigures to raise a set in price - just look at the Flash Speeder and AAT from 2015.

Those are bad examples, the Flash Speeder and AAT both have a proper amount of minifigures and no side builds whatsoever. What is curious about them though, is that one is oversized and one is undersized, they should've swapped the price tags for those and released the speeder in the winter and the AAT in the summer.

No way - the tank looks small enough for a 29,99 set

So does the FA snowspeeder..and we all know how that went

I would rather pay $40 for the Imperial Tank then the FO Snowspeeder. The FO Speeder only lends itself to certain situations and does not work very well as a versatile battle tank with it's lack of cover. The Imperial Tank seems fairly beefy and if it has good figures sign me up!

I think it makes much more sense to pay more attention to the part counts, rather than the prices.

The TIE Striker looks to be the same size as any other TIE, not sure why it would be bigger. However, it's also simpler than any TIE we've gotten before. The Prototype set had 355 pieces, the $30 RO set has 385, which is just the amount you'd expect for a TIE.

There's only about a 100 piece difference between the $40 set and the $70 set. Regardless of the prices, they're both about the same size as far as part counts go, but obviously the $70 set has something driving the cost up significantly. Those two could easily switch, I ust think it's much more likely that people would buy a $70 classic AT-ST than a $70 random tank.

Edited by TheNerdyOne_

The AT-ST could have a bunch of mini figures with new molds driving up the cost. I doubt they'll put standard stormtroopers in that one (although at that cost they better.). What's the average mini figure count for a set that size? Four or five. Two pilots, another Imperial, and two rebels?

That being said the tank could be a more complicated build then the AT-ST (although based on the Flash Speeder I really doubt that.)

I am going to find my battle of endor instruction book and see how many pieces the last at-st was. That might be a good indicator of the new one.

Edited by Forresto

Or the AT-ACT is the old AT-AT

Rebel AT-AT -> Rogue AT-ACT-> ESB AT-AT(Hoth).

Thank you! These arguably should be more primitive AT-AT's then ESB. Every website Ive read though makes it seem like these are replacing the originals.

Edited by Forresto

I think i have to sell some body parts...

I might too :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Edited by Kman860

What I meant by the AT-ACT as the new AT-AT is that that's what it is called.

Sorry I hope I did not sound irritated. Its a trivial thing lol its just confusing this is the new ATAT but its technically the old one but its still new.

Sorry I hope I did not sound irritated. Its a trivial thing lol its just confusing this is the new ATAT but its technically the old one but its still new.

It's no problem!

Not sure how I feel about the new ship/vehicle designs in Rogue One. Kind of reminds me of the old EU where they kept creating new TIEs and rebel alphabet fighters for the sake of having them.

Also is it me or does Commander Sato have a different skin tone from the other characters in the Combat Frigate? Both on the boxart and the out-of-box pics he looks more tan like Palpatine compared to Ezra and Kallus.

For the sake of having them, maybe, but also for the sake of expanding the universe... It's a big galaxy, and to fight a civil war would require far more than what we saw at Yavin or Hoth (probably even more than what we saw at Endor, tho we know that was most of what they had--they could've still had some operatives, squadrons, etc elsewhere harrying other Imperial sites, providing distractions, securing bases).

And yeah, Sato seems to have a tan head, which is about what it should be. It makes Ezra & Sabine stand out more for not having proper skin tones, tho.

Just saw Brickshows review of Clone Turbo Tank, and I am so dissapointed by this set! I had high hopes for its after seeing out of the box pictures, but this set is lackluster to say the least. No interior and red steering wheel!!! What was Lego thinking? Also the amount of minifigures is horrible: 4 minifigures (2 new) and 2 battle droids. That's a norm for 110$ set now? The Kashyyyk troopers Battlepack from 2014 is discontinued, why exactly they couldn't include 2 more clones, especially for such overpriced set? The only good thing about this set are 2 Jedi : Luminara and Quilan, but even 2 great minifigures can't justify buying this overpriced set. Before reviews came out I though At-Te was crappy and CTT was great, but now my opinion changed 360 degrees. At-Te now seems like worthy set.

Edited by benderisgreat

Wow...that meant we saw the U-wings a long time ago! :laugh: I remember when that image first appeared, and people wondered if they were snowspeeder-type craft or troop-carrier versions of the snowspeeders.

I expect this'll be one of the larger sets, in that case, and probably the only way to get, like, Captain Andor or K-250 or something. Or those aliens in the group that we've hardly heard about. Hopefully there'll be a couple Rebel troops in it, too, along with a named character or two, since it's a troop transport of sorts. Lots of soldier possibilities just in the material we've seen so far!