Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Am I the only one who thinks new U-Wing looks like Snowspeeder with different wings?

I don't get where everyone's getting the idea that it looks like a Snowspeeder, the cockpit is much more similar to that of the Y-wing. But still different enough.

I'm with ya. More Y-Wing than snowspeeder. But they're all created with the same design language, so the comparison is understandable.

Just a gentle reminder that this thread is for 2016 Pictures and Rumours only. If you want to discuss future sets (e.g. those that you'd like to see from Rogue One etc) there's already a dedicated thread for it (here). I'll move some posts shortly; thanks for your understanding :classic:

Waaaayyy off topic but would really like to see the part of consumer law that states a store should stock a product if a customer demands it...

Back on topic, I'm not hugely excited by the new frigate set but I'll hold off making any decisions until I see it reviewed. I really like the look of 75150 and will probably pick it up. I assume the Tie Advance is smaller than 8017?

I don't remember which part but if a product is not discontinued than a shop in Ireland is legally required to get a product in if a customer demands it, plus under Irish consumer law, if a product is faulty the consumer is protected under the Three R's and entitled to a 1) Refund, 2) Replacement or 3) Repair.

My post wasn't on topic and I decided to make a joke about buying pies in a toy store. I should know better, but I don't, or I choose to ignore the rules, which is only going to irritate the moderators in the long run.

Therefore, my post has been edited.

Edited by Stash2Sixx
Off Topic

So if i walk into a toy store and tell them to sell me a pie they have to?

No they'd only have to sell products they are advertised to sell ie if a toy shop sells toys, they are required to sell toys, not pies, if someone wants a certain toy that is available to buy but not in stock at that shop is required to get that toy for the customer by special order. I used that to get DVD's available to buy my local shops didn't have yet their websites had them available to buy.

So to back on topic why dont we recap. What do we actually know about the Rogue One sets?

My one prediction is the rebel team is probably going to be spread between all the sets so if you want the whole team you better be buying the whole wave. Knowing Lego thats not even a prediction, thats an unfortunate fact.

As it's been said by Sir von Lego, an AT-ST and a ship with rotating wings. :shrug_oh_well:

So to back on topic why dont we recap. What do we actually know about the Rogue One sets?

My one prediction is the rebel team is probably going to be spread between all the sets so if you want the whole team you better be buying the whole wave. Knowing Lego thats not even a prediction, that's an unfortunate fact.

That is probably what'll happen with the Rogue One sets sadly. I'd imagine that images and news of the sets will be on the net in the next few weeks at the earliest.

As it's been said by Sir von Lego, an AT-ST and a ship with rotating wings. :shrug_oh_well:

I'm 90% sure that we know the prices as Well.

As was said by them a few pages ago, the sets in specific that they had described to them are the AT-ST, TIE Striker, and U-wing. With that in mind, here's what we're probably looking at so far IMO:

75152 – 385 pieces; $29.99 – TIE Striker

75153 – 449 pieces; $39.99 – Imperial tank?

75154 – 543 pieces; $69.99 – AT-ST

75155 – 659 pieces; $79.99 – U-wing

75156 – 863 pieces; $89.99 – AT-ACT?

My one prediction is the rebel team is probably going to be spread between all the sets so if you want the whole team you better be buying the whole wave. Knowing Lego thats not even a prediction, thats an unfortunate fact.

Sadly yes, much like the wave of TFA sets I can imagine the main cast being distributed amongst most if not all sets. I'm quite interested to see how the Imperial droid turns out though.

Long lost twin?.... OMG tarkin is luke confirmed!

He's Snoke. :tongue:

THIS IS HOW RUMORS GET STARTED!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

As was said by them a few pages ago, the sets in specific that they had described to them are the AT-ST, TIE Striker, and U-wing. With that in mind, here's what we're probably looking at so far IMO:

So in Canadian prices, probably 40, 50, 90, 100, 120.

Sadly yes, much like the wave of TFA sets I can imagine the main cast being distributed amongst most if not all sets. I'm quite interested to see how the Imperial droid turns out though.

This is what they did for Prince of Persia, any Marvel movie, and almost any other licensed theme.

Apparently the AT-ACT is the new AT-AT.

I wonder what the difference will be from a regular AT-AT (in universe and in lego)

I wonder what the difference will be from a regular AT-AT (in universe and in lego)

In-universe, we know it has a different arrangement of guns... Maybe it's meant more for targeting infantry or something. I imagine the acronym'll be something like "All-Terrain Anti-C-something Transport"?

In Lego form, if it is indeed the largest of the sets and those parts-counts are accurate, then it'll probably be smaller. That doesn't seem terribly likely, tho.

A $70 AT-ST? Wow! Well this better be a really high quality one along the lines of Anothergol's. My worry is that because it's more expensive it will be oversized :look: Isn't the AT-ST shorter then the AT-DP?

There's no way an AT-AT could be only $90 if the AT-ST is only $20 cheaper. That being said the Dropship we see in the trailer looks pretty darn big as well hmmm...

Edited by Forresto

Oh, right, the figures we're probably getting are kinda disappointing, too.

Rogue-One-LEGO-Teaser-Image.jpg

A $70 AT-ST? Wow! Well this better be a really high quality one along the lines of Anothergol's. My worry is that because it's more expensive it will be oversized :look: Isn't the AT-ST shorter then the AT-DP?

Yep, it is (8.6 meters and 11.64 meters, respectively).

Oh, right, the figures we're probably getting are kinda disappointing, too.

*snip*

No way those are the final figures (unless you know something).

I really hope those aren't the final designs. It just doesn't look right to me. If that's how they're going to look, then I may reconsider actually buying any set.

AT-ST is $70!? What new madness is this where something smaller than at AT-DP is pricier? :damn:

Relax, it's just speculation based on the part counts. That set isn't necessarily the AT-ST. Edited by TheNerdyOne_

. I imagine the acronym'll be something like "All-Terrain Anti-C-something Transport"?

All-Terrain All-Conquering transport MUHAHAHAHA, although I guess that would be AT-ACTM........

AT-ST is $70!? What new madness is this where something smaller than at AT-DP is pricier? :damn:

The price certainly seems absurd but smaller doesn't mean worse. It could be better built or crammed with more details that look good. I wouldn't paying that much if the model was near flawless. They were so close with Battle of Endor and that model parts wise didn't cost $70. There's a good chance and i'm excited for the potential!

Yep, it is (8.6 meters and 11.64 meters, respectively).

Excellent I had a feeling.