Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

It could be based of both, mostly OT but a cheeky slice of rouge one on the side, speaking of rouge one these should probably go here as they show what the rouge one sets will have ,I will remove them if asked.

27074629115_8e304eda5a_o.jpg-0

26471125923_2ef037abfd_o.jpg--00

27006382301_bd3b5022dd_o.jpg--000

While Rogue One seems to have the Death Star as a major plot point, not sure if it will physically feature heavily into Rogue One. Seems like its more likely based around infiltration and assault of an auxillary imperial base, with the Rebels'first true encounter being followed in a New Hope.

That being said, I think the updated design and figures will be New Hope exclusively. It's to be marketing common sense to have a new UCS Death Star come out concurrent with Rogue One sets. Nice cherry on top.

Surely eclipsed by the excitement of Rogue One kits today, I need help confirming a feature of the Rebels Combat Frigate 75158: This ship is supposedly a repaint of the Republic Medical Frigate, or the Pelta-class frigate as seen in TCW. Why do I have a hazy memory of these ships' variable geometry? Can anyone confirm that those two wingplates at the rear swivel inwards to form an enclosure over the engine?

Such a feature would probably make it easier to display.

Surely eclipsed by the excitement of Rogue One kits today, I need help confirming a feature of the Rebels Combat Frigate 75158: This ship is supposedly a repaint of the Republic Medical Frigate, or the Pelta-class frigate as seen in TCW. Why do I have a hazy memory of these ships' variable geometry? Can anyone confirm that those two wingplates at the rear swivel inwards to form an enclosure over the engine?

Such a feature would probably make it easier to display.

They do.

Also, there appears to be some kind of gearing mechanism on the Lego model that will allow this as well. Speaking of those hinging parts, another major difference between the CW Pelta frigates and the Rebels Phoenix Home is the fact that the former only has an engine in between those moving parts, attached to the main fuselage, while the latter has additional engines hidden in the moving parts. The additional engines only face backwards when the parts are fully extended out. I hope Lego captures this feature well.

Thanks for that. The Rebel Starfighter looks a really cool interesting design. Sort of a cross between a Y-wing and a Kom'rk fighter

LOVE the U-Wing, reminds me of Interstellar's Ranger ship, love it! I can't believe that a few months ago I was so blasé about RO in general, especially after seeing the characters and vehicles I'm well excited, I just hope K-250 isn't just a dark bley battle droid with Dooku's pilot's head! he needs to be WAY larger and a more specific design.

Do you think the wings on the U-wing will fold out making a giant T. Looks to be a pivot point near the engines.

Steve

Possibly. In this picture (http://i0.wp.com/makingstarwars.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/9781942556411_il_7_e8477.jpg?fit=1000%2C656), the U-Wing's wings are labeled as "S-Foils," but that's a bit dubious since there's a lot of filler text on the leaked pages. I don't know how I feel about them swinging out- I like the ship just the way it is.

"S-foil assembly"... seems likely they might move, then. Gotta be some visual accompaniment to the command "Lock S-foils in attack position"!

Even if there isn't in the film, Lego will probably add it into the toy since it'd give it something more to do. Looks like a fun ship to build and should fit right in with other Rebel fighter sets.

Hopefully we get a battlepack with only classic stormtroopers...������

And a second one with alternate versions like the Death Trooper and that one driving the "tank".

A AT-ST pilot would be helpful, too..

@TLC: take our money with some really helpful Battle Packs for Army-builders like me..������

I know I'll be saving probably a couple hundred for BP's this year.

Just adding updated minifigures would have been a slap in the face for people who already own the set. As it was, early copies had the solid eye printing and later they added pupils, which was enough to create variation.

I'm hoping for something so brand new as to warrant a purchase. If it's just a re-skin of the same model, I don't think I can justify it.

^This is exactly why it won't be a reskin, too many people wouldn't want it. Maybe the same frame, yes, but I want new room designs.

Edited by Kman860

I'm looking forward to the TIE the most, it looks like a TIE Interceptor without the bottom two winglets, which hopefully makes it a more amassable vehicle, as it potentially could use less parts, like how an AT-ST is like an AT-AT (In terms of looks, both are gray walkers.) The U-Wing looks neat! It can easily go with the Yellow Y-Wings, Red X-Wings and now Blue U-Wings. And with the new Green A-Wing it really adds color to LEGO Star Wars, which doesn't always happen because a lot of the ships are either white, gray or black.

Edited by Jacob_9821

Thank you for the links

the new TIE fighter is awesome

the mini figures will be amazing, the tank........

I can't seem to find where these links are...

^This is exactly why it won't be a reskin, too many people wouldn't want it.

For a moment I was thinking "What's a reskin? That's another obscure creature I have no idea what they're talking about"

For a moment I was thinking "What's a reskin? That's another obscure creature I have no idea what they're talking about"

:grin: Kind of like when you asked "who's friggin dan"? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That U Wing looks awesome. It reminds me of Buck Rogers' fighter from the old '80s tv show ...oops giving away my age there !

I'm looking at Director Kerning and wondering if there could be some close relationship to Tarkin? nephew or cousin perhaps? probably not.

I'm looking at Director Kerning and wondering if there could be some close relationship to Tarkin? nephew or cousin perhaps? probably not.

Long lost twin?.... OMG tarkin is luke confirmed!

I hope if they do waist printing on the Stormtrooper the pockets match the current stormtroopers. It would be very frustrating if they gave us a stormtrooper battle pack this year but the waists don't match so we can't buy the new legs for our old stormies.

I doubt it :laugh: I think its more them needing a Tarkinesque character but since Peter Cushing is unfortunately no longer with us they need a new character. The question is who answers to who? Doe this guy outrank Tarkin or the other way around?

Edited by Forresto

He's Snoke. :tongue:

I'm loving the design of that U-Wing and that TIE Striker. I really hope we get good stormtrooper battle packs though.

Director Krennig's rank insignia isn't very high, though. That's only a Fleet Admiral Rank Bar, same as Piett/Ozzel. Maybe they'll retcon it and say ANH-style ranks are incompatible with ESB ones, but I think that's strange. That book says he's the director of the Imperial military, but I find that unlikely. That book is a very rough draft judging by the redundant descriptions; I bet he's actually the ISB director, which would make his rank much more plausible.

It could be based of both, mostly OT but a cheeky slice of rouge one on the side, speaking of rouge one these should probably go here as they show what the rouge one sets will have ,I will remove them if asked.

omg a lot of minifigs to collect

This movie is going to hopefully satiate OT fans with a plethora of new stuff after years of the prequels getting so much attention. I desperately want a Director Krennig figure.

Director Krennig's rank insignia isn't very high, though. That's only a Fleet Admiral Rank Bar, same as Piett/Ozzel. Maybe they'll retcon it and say ANH-style ranks are incompatible with ESB ones, but I think that's strange. That book says he's the director of the Imperial military, but I find that unlikely. That book is a very rough draft judging by the redundant descriptions; I bet he's actually the ISB director, which would make his rank much more plausible.

Canon would suggest he works for the ISB, as being military director makes no sense. Unless he's the Military Director of Security or Intelligence. I feel that is not his full title. He seems to be personally investigating the rebel activity in person. Realistically that's not something the director of the entire Imperial Military of a galactic scale would ever do unless he's the director of some Military subdivision.