Brickdoctor

LEGO Star Wars 2016 Pictures and Rumors

Looking back at old price tabs stuck too boxes showed me the last at te was 110 and that only had 700 or something parts. This new one isnt all that bad now.

Looking back at old price tabs stuck too boxes showed me the last at te was 110 and that only had 700 or something parts. This new one isnt all that bad now.

The last AT-TE was 90$ in the US.

Also, the new set is good looking but the minifigures are a little weak. I might pick this up on sale.

I think I will only pick up the Turbo tank this summer so my 41st corps will finally have his jedi commander. (Cannot wait for it!)

The last AT-TE was 90$ in the US.

Also, the new set is good looking but the minifigures are a little weak. I might pick this up on sale.

I think I will only pick up the Turbo tank this summer so my 41st corps will finally have his jedi commander. (Cannot wait for it!)

Guess that the toys r us mark up then...

The minifigs in the last AT-TE were pretty weak too... only Mace Windu and the Clone Commander were of any real value IMO. At least with this one we get 5 actual minifigs.

Starwarsnewsnet.com has some interesting screenshots of a new book to Rogue One.

I think the sets I got described from my source are the AT-ST (that one for sure), the Rebel Starfighter and the TIE striker...

Hoping for loads of minifigs (I am looking at you, classic Stormie!!!)

Thanks for that. The Rebel Starfighter looks a really cool interesting design. Sort of a cross between a Y-wing and a Kom'rk fighter

U-wing :) Nice design - might try building my own version. The TIE Striker reminds me of one the many alternate TIE designs that have appeared in games and literature over the years. Deathtroopers are confirmed as the name of the elite special forces Stormtroopers! Hopefully we get a Battlepack with plenty Stormtrooper variants!

I think the U-shaped Rebel Starfighter has quite some resemblance to the T-47 airspeeder.

Not sure what to think of that TIE variation. I like the design, but do we really need yet another version?

Edited by Alexastor

I am really looking forward to seeing the tank. Anyway, is it a hover tank or a wheeled one? I wasn't sure after watching the teaser.

This is really, really interesting! Tie Striker look awesome and the design of the U-wing is definitely promising. The bottom is really big. Could it als be some sort of transport?

Could it be:

75152 - Imperial tank

76153 - AT-ST

75154 - Tie Striker

75155 - U-wing

75156 - ? (Maybe the transport-shuttle seen in the teaser)

And why are there two types of X-wings in the book?

Hoping for loads of minifigs (I am looking at you, classic Stormie!!!)

Yes, yes, yes! A battlepack, please!

I really like the new Rogue One stuff.

I think I'll try making one of those new vehicles... I'd also like to try my hand at a few custom figures, but I'm not sure which rebel minifigs will appear in the upcoming Rogue One sets.

Any chance of seeing the alien rebels as minifigs this year? (It's awesome they're having aliens among the crew, by the way. At first I thought it was going to be a group exclusively made up of humans, but I'm glad that's not the case!

The Star Wars galaxy is way too big to only have groups of humans be the stars.)

This is really, really interesting! Tie Striker look awesome and the design of the U-wing is definitely promising. The bottom is really big. Could it als be some sort of transport?

Could it be:

75152 - Imperial tank

76153 - AT-ST

75154 - Tie Striker

75155 - U-wing

75156 - ? (Maybe the transport-shuttle seen in the teaser)

And why are there two types of X-wings in the book?

Sounds realistic, even though it'd be weird to have only one set that's not based on an Imperial vehicle :grin:

There are two types of X-Wings since those are all preliminary images and descriptions, hence the placeholders :wink: I'm pretty sure the T-70 X-Wings are lifted from TFA illustrations.

It's awesome they're having aliens among the crew, by the way. At first I thought it was going to be a group exclusively made up of humans, but I'm glad that's not the case!

The Star Wars galaxy is way too big to only have groups of humans be the stars.

Couldn't agree more, at first I was pretty let down by the lack of alien characters but now that's changed :thumbup: Adding alien characters to the main cast also makes a lot of sense story-wise given the Empire's clear anti-alien policies :wink: I always wondered why there weren't any notable aliens amongst the rebels in the OT before ROTJ (besides Chewy of course) :grin:

Edited by Lego-Freak

That rebel starfighter looks like the spawn of an angry liaison between a snowspeeder and a piano tuning fork. The Jedi scout fighter that Lego released had the same U shaped design but is so much more elegant than this...

That rebel starfighter looks like the spawn of an angry liaison between a snowspeeder and a piano tuning fork. The Jedi scout fighter that Lego released had the same U shaped design but is so much more elegant than this...

Yeah the model looks quite awefull really, not sure how well it would transition into lego form. I've also never been this hyped for Stormtroopers: Pauldrons, energy packs, Death Troopers: A battlepack would definitly be welcomed :classic:

The Striker is cool but the U Wing is ugly.. I hope we get a good battlepack!

So the Empire also has a new walker named AT-ACT..

I wonder whether the new Death star will be based only on OT or it will also include Rogue one characters

The minifigs in the last AT-TE were pretty weak too... only Mace Windu and the Clone Commander were of any real value IMO. At least with this one we get 5 actual minifigs.

Jedi Coleman Trebor would like to speak to you.

I think the previous AT-TE was much better as far as minifigures go. Plus, the set had some great dark red accents that I always appreciate.

I wonder whether the new Death star will be based only on OT or it will also include Rogue one characters

I could see Lego trying to capitalize on Rogue One, however it would be a bit of a gamble. An updated version of the original with new, possible exclusive minifigs, would be a guaranteed enormous success. The previous version was the most successful set ever sold, I was surprised they actually retired it rather than just adding updated minifigs and keeping it in tact. If for some reason they tried to go the modular route following in the foot steps of UCS Hoth it will be a disaster.

Just adding updated minifigures would have been a slap in the face for people who already own the set. As it was, early copies had the solid eye printing and later they added pupils, which was enough to create variation.

I'm hoping for something so brand new as to warrant a purchase. If it's just a re-skin of the same model, I don't think I can justify it.

I think it's going to be similar to the last one but updated. Probably new minifigures as well.

It was leaked that an R3 M3 astromech would be featured, so yeah, it would be OT based.

It was leaked that an R3 M3 astromech would be featured, so yeah, it would be OT based.

How do we know that said astromech doesn't appear in Rogue One?

Unless R3 is also in Rogue One. It's still really unknown at this point.

Ninja'd by TheNerdyOne!

Edited by HawkLord